• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kat and Ana for SSBB

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
For people who don't know who Kat and Ana are, they are two ninja kindergartners from the Warioware series

Kat and Ana would be great for brawl, they would work like the ice climbers, mixed with the fighting style of metaknight.

Kat could use her dog shadow as the large sword that he has the ability to transform into and ana could use her regular katana that she usually uses

In their palette swaps they can change places just as the ice climbers did, and for alternate costumes they could wear their kimonos

Ana or whoever is in back's moves will have a little bit of lag compared to the one in front, just as the ice climbers did

Moveset:

A - Sword Swipe, whoever is in front will do this move
AA - Double Sword Swipe, whoever is in the back will do this move
AAA - Triple Sword Swipe, whoever is in front will do this move, has more knockback than the first two

A Holding - continuous sword swipes just like metaknight, the two of them alternate hits on the opponent

Tilts:

Instead of alternating they will both do the same move

Utilt: Standing over head swipe
Ftilt: Standing forward swipe
Dtilt: They sweep the ground with their katanas in a circular motion

Aerials:

Instead of alternating they will both do the same move

Uair - Over head sword swipe
Bair - Backward sword swipe
Fair - the one in back will do a forward sword swipe with very little knockback purely to push anyone to the front of the two while the one in front holds her sword over her head and swings downwards, it hits opponents forward if they are in front of them, and if the opponent is under them it works as a spike
Dair - Very much like the Fair, the one in back will do a simple downwards swipe with very little knockback purely to push opponents right under them will the one in front does a more powerful downward slash that works as a spike
Nair - Kat and Ana lock arms and swing around doing a 360 holding their swords outwards

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Just like Link's forward smash, a forward slice, and if you press A again whoever is in the back will do a second slice

Downward Smash: Just like Link and Marth's downward smash, except they both do floor slices in unison so it covers both sides at the same time, like fox and falco's downward smash

Upward Smash: Whoever is in back does an over head swipe purely to draw an opponent in, and whoever is in front follows up with a more powerful over head swipe that sends the opponent much further

Special Moves:

B - Shuriken (the weapon, not their pet bird)
I couldn't decide whether they should be thrown like falco's blaster, or if they can be charged like sheik's needles so the player could than more than one at the same time

B> - Ninja Speed
They dash forward with a burst of speed leaving a trail of light and leaves behind them, much like fox illusion and falco phantasm, except that there are two hits do to the fact that there are two of them

B^ - Shuriken (their pet bird, not the weapon)
Kat and Ana's pet bird named Shuriken flies out and whoever is in front grabs onto it's legs, and whoever is in back grabs onto whoever is in front's legs. Shuriken brings them about the same distance and same speed as marth and roy's B^, and then it flies upwards and away

Bdown - Kat and Ana lock arms holding their swords outwards drawing opponents in for up to six hits

Taunt: Kat and Ana would face the screen close their eyes and put their swords in their holsters

Final Smash: Kat and Ana would use their ninja skills to make five doppelgangers of themselves and fly across the screen with lightning fast sword strikes like at the end of this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=NQbpZ4CdSnE
This would only target one character

Speed:4/5
Strength:3/5
Jump:4/5
Weight:2/5
Height:2/5

A level for them could be the top of Prince Omata's castle, a japanese style castle, and stage hazards could be for the giant red oni to come out and attack or that skeleton thing with two swords

this level could be seen in this video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=pm0Bzwlx6jo

and this video:http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Lm0wXjU8Pk

So what do you think?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well since no one else said anything I'll say something. Pretty good job on that.

I would said the Shuriken for B would charge up and when thrown there would be like four maximum and they would corkscrew around each other hitting in like a wave getting bigger than smaller.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
I suppose since they are a pair like the ice climbers they can take advantage of it use wobbling and desynching

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well, if the rumors are true that the Ice Climbers aren't gonna make it in, I'd like to see them make it in. I'm an IC main so yeah, I'd like to see something similiar to them in case the parka twins don't make it. Warioware Wii was amazing.

[edit]I don't necessarily agree with the moveset. The Smashes automatically desynch them, it seems. Sometimes, we'll want them to do simultaneous smashes. Not to mention, I like it when desynches are pretty much a secret tech.

Also, any form of wobbling shouldn't be in Brawl unless it's really hard to do.

abc

Smash Rookie
They have a good chance since Wario is in and has his Wario Ware clothes as well as their being other teams in the past with Fox/Falco and Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. I don't see any reason for not continuing the trend with this.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
But still, if you think about it some other people probably don't have any less of a chance from Wario Ware. That Young Grasshopper and those afro guys (I haven't played in a long time since I beat it) could probably get into it too. But I suppoer Kat, Ana, and the Young Grasshopper have more of a chance since they can fight. Hoping is all you can do if you truly want them in.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Of all the WarioWare characters they have the best shot IMO but I dont think any other WarioWare representatives are going to make the cut. Lets hope they make the cut for AT's though!

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Wow, some interesting moves in that moveset there. Although, as much as I'd love to see Kat & Ana from the WarioWare series (I got hooked on Touched, and Smooth Moves was incredible XD) I'm not *quite* sure how likely any of them would be. As said before they seem more like Assist Trophy material (And if they are they MUST add Jimmy T. just for laughs :laugh:).

Honestly I'd say Young Cricket, although he can fight, would be more unlikely considering he was only just introduced in Smooth Moves. Then again that could work to his advantage seeing as his debut was on the same console, but still.

Dr. Crygor could make for an interesting character if given the right moveset, same with Ashley, and Kat & Ana would be nice but are too similar to Ice Climbers if they stay. If the Ice Climbers disappear however, it could be quite possible since Wario could use atleast one more from his franchise.

Although I'm an avid fan of WarioWare, I don't think they're going to cut it for playables, or atleast it's incredibly unlikely. Assist Trophies would suit them more, I think >.<

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Would bo totally awesome, with thier cool moveset, the team aspect and their overall awesome...but odds are against them getting in, unfortunately.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, looking at it, they were just kind of there right? Not a real playble character like Wario was.. Unless they were in other Warioware, I've only played Smoothmoves. Odds are definitely against them getting in, AT at most for the time being.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, looking at it, they were just kind of there right? Not a real playble character like Wario was.. Unless they were in other Warioware, I've only played Smoothmoves. Odds are definitely against them getting in, AT at most for the time being.
Yeah they were in atleast Touched that I know of aswell, they're the only two I've played though. If they do have another character from WarioWare they'd be one of the best bets, but yeah I agree they'd probably be AT's at best. But again, like it's been said, WarioWare has such an extensive cast so anyone would have nearly as good a chance as another.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
If there are any other warioware reps besides wario himself i'd say that they are pretty likely, because they were in the very first warioware game and everyone after, and they actually have fighting experience

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
There are two characters from the WW franchise that can and hopefully do make the cut as playables, and they are Kat & Ana and Mona. They have been there from the get go; Jimmy T, Orbulon, Crygor, and Ashley could make good ATs. Young Cricket was only in Smooth moves, so I doubt he'd make it in, the others have seniority over him.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
mona i guess wouldn't sound too bad, but i couldn't picture any moves that she could do

kat and ana would be great because they are ninjas!!

Shine-Fu

Smash Cadet
I liked Kat and Ana, and they seem likely to be a part of the game, if they are going to put more than Wario in the game to support warioware, Even over mona, imo.

I would love IC to be gone, and these two to take their place.

I also like Ashley, but I don't think she would get in due to the seniority of Kat and Ana / Mona. Regardless though, she could make a nice assist trophy.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
I like both Kat&Ana and Mona, so if at least one of them gets in I'll be happy. I don't mind the ICs. I think they can have both Kat&Ana and the ICs. I think Kat&Ana would have more speed, be lighter, and at least Kat uld have longer reach because of her longer sword. They should give you the option to switch which character you control, that would add some mindgames to them.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Back to the ninja duo.

For their sideB move, the one in the back can dash in and grab the opponent. This would be like the Koopa Claw, but it would be faster. If you grab the opponent, you will be in control of the one that's holding on to the opponent and proceed to hit them, or throw them. This could be a way that you can switch control between the two ninjas.

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Back to the ninja duo.

For their sideB move, the one in the back can dash in and grab the opponent. This would be like the Koopa Claw, but it would be faster. If you grab the opponent, you will be in control of the one that's holding on to the opponent and proceed to hit them, or throw them. This could be a way that you can switch control between the two ninjas.
this sounds like a great idea for an attack, but i don't really like the last part that you mentioned where it says that you can switch between the two.

i'd imagine that they'd play similarly to the ice climbers where you control the one in front and the one in back has a slight lag to her attacks

bksands77

Smash Journeyman
really to me it's anybody's game

-they both have been in every warioware game to date
-they both would have cool and unique movesets
-warioware needs more reps than just wario himself

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
Another thought for the sideB, they can both disappear like a fox illusion and grab the opponent and do a slash combo, kinda like chipp zanuff of guilty gear.

FOr their stage, I don't think they'll put a Kat & Ana stage. They'll just make a WarioWare factory stage similar to the one in Mario Power Tennis. Maybe they can switch settings to show more of the stages, and could get progressively faster as the match goes on.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, both Kat & Ana and Fay & Miyu have slim chances. I give the edge to Kat & Ana just because I would think they are more known since they have been in games that have been released.

However, even though the game they are from, StarFox 2, went unreleased, people wanted them to make an official appearance. I personally would go with AT for them since either not many people know them nor remember the game they were supposed to be in. Shame though, I would have used them in that game.

Top Bottom