• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kassy's Sm4sh Online Tournament with Amiibo prizes!

BurningMars

Smash Rookie
Hi I would like to enter in the tournament if there is still time
Twitch: BurningMars401
NNID:BurningMars

Deadwards

Smash Rookie
Im in! I messaged you on twitch as well
Twitch name: Littlebean43
NNID: Littlebean43

SirPro

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry Kassy, but can you change my name from SirProfessional to SirPro? My NNID is SirPro and it'll be easier for people who try to friend me. Thank you!

Jojothejman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jojothejman
3DS FC
2680-9068-5358
I placed my details on the Reddit page as well, but decided to do it here too just in case. My twitch name would be Jojothejman (of course) and I was wondering how long you think this tournament might take

Josh Cast

Smash Rookie
NNID
iBeatbop
3DS FC
1693-1070-7785
How do we submit match scores or check in if its not linked to our challonge?

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
What bracket do you guys see? someone link please. Where are stage ban rules?

Aeken

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilverBlayde
Yeah same I don't either, were we too late? Because I sent a message wanting to join at 8 Am today
It says right above the bracket it's subject to change until the tourny starts. Just hold onto your butts

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Awww really? I missed hypest tourney for this. What a let down

L337m0j0

Smash Cadet
It is to bad that this tournament took more than 1 hour to get started. A lot of people, since its an online tourney, live in different time zones, the people running this clearly didn't care about that.

None of the first round games are played and who knows when they will be played.

Messages go ignored for more than 5 minutes. Setup an irc channel next time if you have more than 20 people.

Horribly ran tourney.

Don't know why we were not able to report our own matches. Tourneys go by really quickly like that.

If you do not know how to run a simple tourney, don't bother next time....lol

Last edited:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Disgusting tournament. Disgusting co-commentator.
Kass is nice, but damn this could've had more thought put into it.

I will say, thsi does inspire me to start up my own online tourney. It'll be MUCH better ran. Kiwi was helpful, but nobody's questions were being answered and people like L33 and myself had to wait 30 minutes just to be advanced, and even after that? We were told to shut up because we were "complaining".

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Disgusting tournament. Disgusting co-commentator.
Kass is nice, but damn this could've had more thought put into it.

I will say, thsi does inspire me to start up my own online tourney. It'll be MUCH better ran. Kiwi was helpful, but nobody's questions were being answered and people like L33 and myself had to wait 30 minutes just to be advanced, and even after that? We were told to shut up because we were "complaining".
I agree fino was being really rude unprofessional and disrespectful even if he wasn't serious in what he may of been saying it still was upsetting and disruptive. I didn't get entered even though I put in the thread yesterday but it was okay since I was late to the stream because I thought it was canceled. Kass is nice person and fun to have an event but seemed dis functional tonight last minute time change etc. Anyhow was fun to watch though just wish next time more notice and clarity on stuff not having a time change day of confused people.

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Big thanks to kassy for hosting the tourney, Very unfortunate that your internet was being whacky. probably was just the wrong night to do it. but I personally enjoyed it and you tried

Thanks mods for trying to keep things in check and updating the brackets.

GGs to bunny who took me out, reminding me that I suck at that sonic matchup haha

GGs to sal that king dedede was solid, the gordos got me using Aura sphere alot more than I usually do.

GGs to mk7gamer, not that many game and watches I fight, glad to see another one

And congrats to nairo

It is to bad that this tournament took more than 1 hour to get started. A lot of people, since its an online tourney, live in different time zones, the people running this clearly didn't care about that.

None of the first round games are played and who knows when they will be played.

Messages go ignored for more than 5 minutes. Setup an irc channel next time if you have more than 20 people.

Horribly ran tourney

Don't know why we were not able to report our own matches. Tourneys go by really quickly like that.

If you do not know how to run a simple tourney, don't bother next time....lol
Well not to sound like a **** but I am just stating some facts, when people sign up they know exactly what they are getting themselves into, that is how a tourney is supposed to be. for example it is not apex's job to tell everyone from USA to japan what timezone the tourney is starting, they tell you its EST/whatever the tourney is hosted in, there are 100000s of websites that convert timezones into your timezone, if people really wanted to play they would have bothered with it, but they didn't. so you can't really blame her for that,

I know you are probably upset you didn't get to play all your expected matches but don't put it on the hosts, put it on the people who did not show up. and imo mods were trying their best, the channel itself isn't very big, there were like 40+ something people and only 2/3 mods, and it cost you nothing but a little bit of your time on a friday night to enter. I think the least you should say is "thanks for trying" ...

L337m0j0

Smash Cadet
I rushed home after work to get to this tourney only to wait 1 hour and I didn't even play lol I had plans after the tourney too which is the main reason I left (I would of left anyways even if I had no plans.)

When you say a tourney will start at a certain time, I expect to be able to play at least 1 match by 20 mins, I do not think that is to hard to ask, all the tourneys i participated in started quickly and they were free with no prizes.

The main reason it went so poorly was because everyone had to message in the channel the scores. If we could of reported our own matches it would of went way better. Kassy even said on stream... 'Online tourneys are supposed to run themselves.' If they let us report our own matches as I mentioned....then yes, it would of ran itself...lmao.

The least they could do is at least talk before hand and sort out everything. That's all that needed to be done lol. If they are expecting 60+ people tourney, they should have the mods to support it before even hosting right? Not fair to do that to so many people who committed to be on time. Since I rushed, I made it home early, I was committed!

Lesson learned though. They will do better next time I'm sure.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Yeah this tournament sucked because I lost the tournament host kept joining matches and lagged the **** out of them (I understand she wanted them on stream, but she was the source of the heavy lag and had the audacity to deny it, even though every game she joined had the same bad lag, and even after it was being pointed out by the co-commentator). No offense to her at all. And the other stuff everyone else mentioned is a reason this tournament sucked.

I can't say GG because I'm a quitter, and I own up to it but you have to admit that that lag was unplayable. Me quitting wasn't out of rage either (though that doesn't make it OK) as Puppyluv and AgentGuilt kept saying. Matches took twice as long because of the lag; players who were about to punish or set up for a KO ended up having to retreat and that lengthened the matches.

Also Puppyluvv kept saying I'm afraid of Diddy when I told him I'm not. There was a lot of ****-talking in the chat, not just from Kassandra and whoever was commentating with her. I know Twitch chat sucks in general but damn.

And I know it was an online tournament but still, damn.

xffixbmlx

Smash Cadet
NNID
xffixbmlx
3DS FC
2964-8809-3067
Yeah this tournament sucked because I lost the tournament host kept joining matches and lagged the **** out of them (I understand she wanted them on stream, but she was the source of the heavy lag and had the audacity to deny it, even though every game she joined had the same bad lag, and even after it was being pointed out by the co-commentator). No offense to her at all. And the other stuff everyone else mentioned is a reason this tournament sucked.

I can't say GG because I'm a quitter, and I own up to it but you have to admit that that lag was unplayable. Me quitting wasn't out of rage either (though that doesn't make it OK) as Puppyluv and AgentGuilt kept saying. Matches took twice as long because of the lag; players who were about to punish or set up for a KO ended up having to retreat and that lengthened the matches.

Also Puppyluvv kept saying I'm afraid of Diddy when I told him I'm not. There was a lot of ****-talking in the chat, not just from Kassandra and whoever was commentating with her. I know Twitch chat sucks in general but damn.

And I know it was an online tournament but still, damn.
^ This. Streaming should be limited to the quality of the connection. Lag seriously changes the quality of one's performance to a point where you literally feel like you are flipping a coin to determine who wins and loses. It's especially worse when you try to stream a match with two people from completely opposite sides of the country (and world, in some cases). When you stream, practically anything, it takes up most of your bandwith. ISP's in this country are bad about that. If you start your own tournament late or keep delaying the start time, people get pissed off. They don't care if you're the best known TO in the world, but unless you're offering a **** ton of prize money, players accommodate their own time towards YOUR tournament. Yes, there are plenty of people who don't work, barely work, or only go to school, be it part time or full, but there are also plenty of people whose lives are consumed a full time job and/or full time schooling. They'd be lucky to fit a Friday or Saturday in for you at eight effing PM (which is generally late).

If someone hasn't already mentioned it, please set up a dedicated IRC channel next time. I don't know why it continues to be a Twitch-only thing for communication. It's cool if you wanna stream and ****, but when you have a million people talking at once and you and your TO's can't adequately control it, there's a problem. Plus, it's just far more organized and professional to have a second line of communication without having to deal with the overload of traffic and people's issues. Look at HYPEST's tournaments, for example.

And please, next time, have a open and close date to sign up for you bracket. Typically, people close the bracket at a certain time before the tournament starts (i.e. one day beforehand, 1 hour beforehand, etc.). They also require the players to check-in before the tournament officially starts. If they fail to check in, the system drops them for you. Simple. This way, you are relieved of the massive workload of people wanting to join last minute or change their status or Challonge name. Again, organization.

If you do this for me, for all of us, I will continue to join. Thank you for hosting it this time, again.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Okay first off, the tourny only started 30 mins late. Which isn't that big of a deal, and you know why it was 30 mins late? Because I was busy adding a bunch of last minute entries because people were begging to be in and I wanted to be nice. But obviously, I shouldn't have done that so yeah my bad on that. This is the second time I've ran this, and it was bigger than before, and yes I made some mistakes. But before you guys go out of your way to bash everything I have been working on remember this...

1. It was a free online tournament, with a prize paid for out of my pocket, that I decided to do for EVERYONE.

2. People are sometimes not going to show up, that happens, it takes more time to find people and or DQ them so be patient.

3. This was a 70 person tournament that got done in less than 4 hours, which isn't even that horrible.

4. I am sorry for Fino's commentary, or anyone he offended. He won't be commentating anymore.

5. This is all new, and I'm trying my best and please just respect that. There's a lot of people, and these things take time.

6. I had no control over my internet messing up during the semi-finals, there's nothing I can do about that, it's just bad timing, hopefully won't happen again in the future. (did not happen last tournament)

TLDR: I'm trying my best, next time I will have more mods on stand by to help me, no fino commentary, and hopefully a better internet connection. Last tournament did not have these internet problems btw. Thanks again to those who were PATIENT. I didn't realize that so many people who are newer to tournaments just don't understand things like stage striking. Thanks for understanding and empathizing with me, running an online tournament so large isn't easy. If anyone wants to start running online tournaments, I highly encourage it, and I wish you luck with it.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Also that message about the tournament changing was from when the date first changed, it had a link to this thread below it, and this thread confirms the date and time, so I'm not sure what you got confused on about that.

Edit: Next time there will be an IRC channel.

Last edited:

Ryozo Ito

Smash Rookie
Here are a few things that we're currently working on:

1. Making sure that the matches run as expected AND and with as little incident as possible (including forfeits, no shows, and other incidents)

We need to be able to confirm that either A) The person that was a no show for a few minutes was in fact a no show and not just hiding in chat or B ) That the match took place and that the end result was in fact what one person said it was and not someone trying to advance by screwing someone else out of the tournament. It's for this reason that we didn't go with having people reporting their own matches; people got impatient after waiting for 1 minute or tried to advance themselves when they lost. We will utilize more mods to ensure that match progression goes as planned.

2. Fino's co-commentary (and Fino as well)

This is the only thing that I personally wasn't able to listen to and because of that, I wasn't able to determine the severity of what happened. However, I know that he managed to singlehandedly anger another stream that was hosting us, offended numerous people on an even more personal level (though not at these individuals directly, but at their "groups") throughout the night (and even during the Grand Finals until the end of the streaming), and quite possibly ruined that chance for a large majority of you all wanting to even rejoin any future tournaments. Please rest assured that we are taking this particular matter VERY SERIOUSLY and that we are also currently resolving this issue in numerous ways. For what all had happened with him all throughout, we sincerely apologize.

3. Kass's match streaming

In Kass's previous streams, we experienced very little to no lag and we do apologize for those individuals who were forced to play under those conditions. If at that point you wish to replay your matches against each other off-stream, then we will allow you to do so and may even restart the match in its entirety. If you want your match streamed (as a vast majority of people do), then we do our best to have your match streamed.

4. Tourney Chat Channel.

This is to reduce the amount of time it takes for matches to start, report match issues, and advancement/placement in the tournament as well as picks/counterpicks and anything else related to the tourney.

Please understand that we are taking all issues into consideration to make any future tournaments more enjoyable for you all. We (Kass and her mods) are doing our best with the tournaments and will continue to improve more on what ever else we need to.

Last edited:

SirPro

Smash Rookie
[quote="Ryozo Ito, post: 18582516, member: 295223"are a few things that we're currently working on:

1. Making sure that the matches run as expected AND and with as little incident as possible (including forfeits, no shows, and other incidents)

We need to be able to confirm that either A) The person that was a no show for a few minutes was in fact a no show and not just hiding in chat or B ) That the match took place and that the end result was in fact what one person said it was and not someone trying to advance by screwing someone else out of the tournament. It's for this reason that we didn't go with having people reporting their own matches; people got impatient after waiting for 1 minute or tried to advance themselves when they lost. We will utilize more mods to ensure that match progression goes as planned.

2. Fino's co-commentary (and Fino as well)

This is the only thing that I personally wasn't able to listen to and because of that, I wasn't able to determine the severity of what happened. However, I know that he managed to singlehandedly anger another stream that was hosting us, offended numerous people on an even more personal level (though not at these individuals directly, but at their "groups") throughout the night (and even during the Grand Finals until the end of the streaming), and quite possibly ruined that chance for a large majority of you all wanting to even rejoin any future tournaments. Please rest assured that we are taking this particular matter VERY SERIOUSLY and that we are also currently resolving this issue in numerous ways. For what all had happened with him all throughout, we sincerely apologize.

3. Kass's match streaming

In Kass's previous streams, we experienced very little to no lag and we do apologize for those individuals who were forced to play under those conditions. If at that point you wish to replay your matches against each other off-stream, then we will allow you to do so and may even restart the match in its entirety. If you want your match streamed (as a vast majority of people do), then we do our best to have your match streamed.

4. Tourney Chat Channel.

This is to reduce the amount of time it takes for matches to start, report match issues, and advancement/placement in the tournament as well as picks/counterpicks and anything else related to the tourney.

Please understand that we are taking all issues into consideration to make any future tournaments more enjoyable for you all. We (Kass and her mods) are doing our best with the tournaments and will continue to improve more on what ever else we need to.[/quote]
Kassy I think you did a fine job! For someone who doesn't normally do these type of things, you did pretty well! Yeah there were people being unfair but they were not being fair with you. I'm sure next time you'll make it even better! :D

Top Bottom