• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Karu and BBQTV'S Final Round Arcade.

BBQTV

Smash Master
your controller and we had a fine amount of wiis last imo so you dont need to bring if you dont want to

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Hey guys posting from the arcade again sorry i have not had time to post. Just A quick reminder to the brawlers that tommorow will be another smashfest I hope to see more people than last time bring on the competition. BBQ thanks again for helping me with this I have to thank you a zillion times lol. We might have two extra tv setups. Last time was G0dlik3 but lets make tomorrow a whole lot better. Tell everyone so they know about it. IF you guys need any questions please ask BBQTV or myself if icant repost than just call me. (786 991 4253) My name is Carlos incase you forgot.

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Heyyy, can't go today, sorry guys. Really short for cash, and also really really tired from the beach. I'll be there next week.

BBQTV

Smash Master
can people bring brawl? we need brawl the disc because i forgot to bring brawl and were short one

BBQTV

Smash Master
i had fun playing you all ****ing day lol, anyway i'll update the OP tomorrow because im too sleepy

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
i had fun playing you all ****ing day lol, anyway i'll update the OP tomorrow because im too sleepy
Lol, same.I was starting to think no one was coming. I was pissed that my mom just showed up without calling me. I had planned to stay later.

BBQTV

Smash Master
guys you need to post in here to help me hype this ****

karu are you gonna bring another t.v for melee or do i need to bring one or we dont need any?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Sounds pretty good. I might be able to come with my buddy this thursday coming up. How many Melee players usually go?

I've never heard of the venue. Are they regular TVs or HD?

BBQTV

Smash Master
we have regular and 2 big t.vs with lag and will have at least one for melee

BBQTV

Smash Master
we have yet to have any melee players but if people want melee how can we say no?

#HBC | Gorf

Yea i get you. I mean, if anybody else there is down to play melee, I will, but if nobody wants to than that's cool with me too. More brawl lol. How entrants are there usually?

BBQTV

Smash Master
we just started last last thursday and the first time we had more people the second time which was this past thursday we had one new player and 4 players from last time. we hope we get more next time

#HBC | Gorf

Maybe, instead of having tourneys every week, you should have tournies bi weekly, and the other week should be a straight up smashfest. That way, you'll attract more people to the venue, and the next week, they'll familiarize themselves with the venue, and get an opprotunity to prepare.

Plus, being a thursday, you can't expect the best outcome in the world. Is it a mandatory 5 dollar entrance, or only for tourney?

BBQTV

Smash Master
so your saying we should a tourney every other week? and the 5 bucks is door fee

#HBC | Gorf

I don't mean to come across as trying to tell you what to do. I'm just giving you suggestions.

Here's how I'd run this if I had the venue:

The first week it'd be a straight up smashfest. People can come free and play free. Then, if the people want a singles tourney, then give them a singles tourney ($5 entry, $5 pot). I assume that the venue is a store/arcade? If it is, then even if you let them in free, you're doing the store justice by attracting new customers.

The next week, people can still come in free and play, but they know that a tourney's going down. So make sure that you set a time for signups (If you open the doors to Smashers at 12, I'd say start signups for dubz at 1-2, and have the tourney start at 2 30($5 entrance, $10 per team to pot)). So the tourney ended woohoo! Give yourself like an hour to play, and then announce that singles signups will be starting up, and give the signups an hour. ($5 entrance, $5 pot) After the deadline, give late people a half hour to show up, and then start the tourney. After the tourney's over, everybody can chill out and play for as long as you have the venue, and that's it.

Nobody really wants to pay $5 for friendlies. If they want to play in tourney, that's when you ask for the $5 entrance. My first tourney, I had about fifteen or twenty people show up for singles. I had like two months or so for planning. And, I was fairly new to smashboards at the time. You've had two tournies, on thursdays, and had a pretty decent attendance. Trust me. If you keep this up, it'll get bigger. Plus, if you get somebody's attention, that person might tell their friend, who might tell their friend, and your tournies will get pretty big.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm sure the host won't change his view on the 5 dollar door fee. I really didn't mind all that much though. It's just 5 dollars. If you get there early it's really worth it. I mean I played for several hours.

I'm a melee player. So I would be willing to play melee.

#HBC | Gorf

Alrite. It's really just a suggestion. I mean either way, I'll be down to go. But other cheap people might not.

Yea I'm more experienced with Brawl, but I like the technical idea of Melee better. I've never played anybody irl, and I wanna try to get better.

So I shouldn't have a problem making it on Thursday, assuming my brother or my dad aren't doing anything.

BBQTV

Smash Master
karu the one who started this works at final round and im not sure if he can get them to make smashfests free but tourneys you have to pay door fee but thats not a bad idea. after this next one that passes i wanna start tourneys and may change the date to saturdays so we could get better attendance

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably not gonna start going again til the thursday 2 weeks from now. Just too much stuff to do :D

And btw, I'm very interested in melee. I have several gamecubes and one disc/memory card, which I could bring.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i'll just bring my copy because i'll be their super early as usual. would you rather melee be on a wii or gamecube?

#HBC | Gorf

Yea, my friend decided to format my memory card, and I lost all of the memory. So if I go I'll probably bring my memory card and try to copy it.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my wii with melee and my memory card. You can copy mine. I actually prefer melee over brawl but since I'm just starting out in brawl I'm not going to play melee as much. I need to get more experience in brawl.

BBQTV

Smash Master
you can bring melee then and i'll bring the t.v and which melee will be played

#HBC | Gorf

Tio is like, the God of all tourney organizers. You can even put the brackets up on this site, set up prize money, randomize brackets. It's amazing.

KaZeKaRu(Final Round)

Smash Cadet
Nice OP update BBQ you should really call me though and let me know what's up lol you threw me off with the tourney but hell yeah lets do it. Melee and brawl tourney lets see what the people think. I hope to see Melee and brawl players there. BTW the owners made street fighter shirts for the street fighter guys he had made the same suggestion if the brawlers want shirts he can also have them made and ordered. Only if you guys want. BBQ when you get a chance call me today incase you forgot the number. (786 991 4253)

#HBC | Gorf

I'd post up the rules for the tourney. Like, for stage selection and whatnot. And the pot only adds up to 96?

EDIT:

Wow nvm about the %. Realized there are two 5th places.

And another thing. You'll probably want to get the tourney/smashfests on the FL thread. It'll hype it up like nothing.

BBQTV

Smash Master
their isn't 2, 5th places because those 2 will fight for 5th place:p

i'll call but i gotta charge my phone and it's early in the morning and i thought you told me to set a date

ok i think i'll post the rules now then

Top Bottom