• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Karajan's Trip to Japan 2014-02

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why is Jousuke so concerned with being photographed or videotaped?

I remember Isai included that as a reason why Jousuke would never come over here too.

malva00

Smash Master
Why is Jousuke so concerned with being photographed or videotaped?

I remember Isai included that as a reason why Jousuke would never come over here too.
Reasons are

1. Photographs
2. Overseas players are too "serious" or "competitive" to him; he referenced King Funk as an example lol
3. Hates weaker Samus in American version; wants everyone to get stuck in his Up B

I understand 1 and 3 since he comes from a totally different country and grew up with a different SSB.

Last edited:

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Reasons are

1. Photographs
2. Overseas players are too "serious" or "competitive" to him; he referenced King Funk as an example lol
3. Hates weaker Samus in American version; wants everyone to get stuck in his Up B

I understand 1 and 3 since he comes from a totally different country and grew up with a different SSB.
They were really interested in playing U version. I'm going to give them a bunch of copies when I go back. He would probably make top 2 in a US tournament, since he has the best Kirby in Japan, and his Kirby is better than Wario and Megu's pikas. He also has a really good fox ;) lol

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I edited most of the post, and added some pictures and links to videos.

Jousuke scurred of (U)
What makes you think that?
He wanted to play the (U) version with Wario.
He knows more about (U) frame data offhand than anyone else I know.

He has the best Kirby in Japan.
His Kirby is better than any other Japanese player's characters, including the best pikas.
Wario and Megu's pika are better than Moyashi and Kikoushi's Kirby.
Moyashi's kirby beat both boom's pika and his kirby.
Samus's relative tier list placement in (J) is about the same as Donkey Kong in (U). Despite this, he consistently wins every tournament.
When Jousuke and Isai did their 12 character battle, guess which character Jousuke used to beat Isai's pika:
I'll give you a hint: It was not his Samus OR his Kirby.

Jousuke did say that if Isai's Pika went up against his Samus, he would lose. I could not find out if they actually played that matchup. From all I could tell, the only time Isai played with pika was during the 12 character battle.

Now, here is my counter argument to your statement:
Isai did not play the best Pika's in Japan, even though he had the opportunity to. ( I imagine Wario would be very upset by this)
Isai showed up to a tournament, that the Japanese specifically changed the date for to coincide with his trip, and did not enter.
To me, it looks like Isai is the one who is scurred.

------

From my experience Jousuke is a lot like boomfan. He has been playing forever, albeit out of the spotlight for most of it. He does not practice combos in training mode, instead he only plays online. He is really friendly and has a great sense of humor in person. Unlike some top players in North America, he actually tries to do as much as he can for the smash community in Japan. For this I consider him a legend.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
This is definitely one of the coolest threads in Smashboards history. Anytime the NA scene and Japan scene come together is legendary.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Jousuke's cool
I'm definitely not badmouthing jousuke, lol. Yeah the guy's a legend, legit claim to best in the world (I guess he's giving that up to isai though? Who knows what role modesty plays in that or what's going on.) Being weird isn't a crime either or else the entire 64 scene would be doing life, if he doesn't wanna leave the country because photography equipment exists more power to him. It's understandable as well that he only wants to compete with (J).

He still scurred tho

jOs3

Smash Rookie
I hope Karajan will write a similar post when he will come to Peru, is so interesting and fun read his post. :kirby:

malva00

Smash Master
Wario and Megu's pika are better than Moyashi and Kikoushi's Kirby.
Moyashi's kirby beat both boom's pika and his kirby.
Pika owns Kirby, so that's not impressive, also not hard for a Pikachu to be better than a Kirby who loses to Jiggly rofl.

When Jousuke and Isai did their 12 character battle, guess which character Jousuke used to beat Isai's pika:
I'll give you a hint: It was not his Samus OR his Kirby.
Guess what character Isai used to beat Jousuke's Samus? I'll give you a hint, it was Link. What does this say? Not much lol. You can't get much from a 12 Character Battle when you're trying to compare single character vs single character, unless we play like 15 of them and those two characters end up fighting each time. I'm probably one of the few people who knew Jousuke was good with other characters. His 2006 Ness is probably still the best I've faced (relatively speaking). Anyways the I lost the battle once I started to lose too many stocks against Pikachu lol.

Jousuke did say that if Isai's Pika went up against his Samus, he would lose. I could not find out if they actually played that matchup. From all I could tell, the only time Isai played with pika was during the 12 character battle.
I only played one singles match with high-tiers against his Samus, and that was with Fox, which I won with 2 stock. That automatically means my Fox would win more matches right? Oh man it feels good winning the only match, right? You can infer so much from it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Isai firing back.

I still don't understand why Jousuke is so terrified of being videotaped or photographed? Did he give a reason why?

Is he very self conscious about his physical appearance?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Isai finally showing signs that he does give a **** about his title.

Sheer still asking why Jousuke won't show his face.

Kero really regretting that he ate 6 White Castle cheese burgers at 2 in the morning.

How will things play out? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
so who the **** is 'dumpling'

that name doesn't yield anything

considering some of the players aliases mentioned in this thread are misspelled, i take it the same happened to the dumpling man

unless you're telling me the best falcon in japan* doesn't have videos, doesn't participate in online tournies, and is not on the online ranking

[collapse=*]taken --like all the other claims on skill that are jumping at me throughout this thread-- with a ****load of salt[/collapse]

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Guess what character Isai used to beat Jousuke's Samus? I'll give you a hint, it was Link. What does this say? Not much lol..
Says you shoulda listened to me and registered as Link for that tournament :p

Thinking of using FOX for the tournament. FOX is fun. Except for his down smash.
na dude be link he is so hax in japanese 64
He should be (J) Link the whole tournament as the counterpick to samus/kirby

I only played one singles match with high-tiers against his Samus, and that was with Fox, which I won with 2 stock. That automatically means my Fox would win more matches right? Oh man it feels good winning the only match, right? You can infer so much from it.
LOL my plan is working. All I wanted was for you to give us more details from your trip to Japan :p It just sucks I gotta be manipulative to extract it from you though.

so who the **** is 'dumpling'

that name doesn't yield anything

considering some of the players aliases mentioned in this thread are misspelled, i take it the same happened to the dumpling man
Might be a translation thing. Also, a lot of players use like, chinese characters in their name. This is just what I was told. I can ask them for more details if you want

Last edited:
Top Bottom