• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kaillera 1 vs 1 Tournament

MetalYoshi

Smash Rookie
Ok, so as you know, this SSB tournament is 1 vs 1. This is also Single Elimination, so if you lose a round, you're out. I hope to get this going Friday at around 6-7 PM CST, otherwise Saturday at 2 PM CST. This will be held at Emularena Grounds (Unit X). If you want to join, please give me your Kaillera username without tags. Signups for the tournament will close Thursday at 8:00 PM CST. As for the rest of the information:

Matches

Round 1 - Semi-Final: Best Two out of Three
Final: Best Three out of Five

Characters

All Characters available except for NPCs like MH and MM. Character Modifiers are forbidden. Anyone can change characters after any match.

Stages

Only Three Stages allowed. They are:

Hyrule
Dreamland
Battlefield (omit this one if you lack a Level Modifier)

Hoster of match picks first stage, loser picks next stage.

Stock

Round 1 - Semi-Final: 5
Final: 10

Handicap and Items are off.

2 Desynches allowed per player per round, eliminated if used up.

Recording is optional, but must include the chat portion of the window if
recorded.

A witness will join your match, but will not play. You'll find out later why this is in place.

Winner is the last one standing, if a tie occurs, winner is determined by KOs.

That's it. Here are the current participants:

MetalYoshi
killaboy
JBandrew
YoshiKing
Adi
Dark_Ermac
Kentalicious
xzax1337
Umbrasquall
Quaz
Surri
Rookie
Silent Chaos

EDIT: I also take requests at Kaillera, so Kaillera users that hang out at Emularena and don't have accounts here can still join. Just let me know at some point before signups close.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Anyone can change characters at any time. That doesn't set right with me. Cause they can't change charecters in the middle or far end of the game.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
I'm in.

I guess my tourney sucked.

Anyway... yeah. Isn't there Sudden Death?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Is a witness necessary? I mean like, theres nothing to gain from this tournament, so nobody is really going to lie, everyone respects each other like that in the smash community for the most part :p

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Is a witness necessary? I mean like, theres nothing to gain from this tournament, so nobody is really going to lie, everyone respects each other like that in the smash community for the most part :p
You really think that Vex? Some people on the smash server do some really dirty tricks and you know that. Not everyone can be trusted on the server. I'm not accusing anybody of anything but i'd rather take the safe way. You know how many arguments i've seen cause of Desynches?

Long as the watches shut the hell up during the game.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Ive been to about 20 tournaments and ive hosted like 7 tournaments total and ive never dealt with that before, plus normally people with a bad rep that do that sorta thing normally arnt allowed or dont show.

However, many people are different, but i know most of the people on the server and know they wouldnt do such things, considering this is suppose to be something thats fun, unlike a real life tournament that pays real life cash.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
yea even though you dont win anything people are still stupid
they always lie about DSing
and its even worse when you actually DS and they complain that you lie
but I don't think witnesses are necessary

i don't see any reason to lie especially since theres no cash involved so it really pisses me off when noobs say I lie when it actually DSes (even in non-tourney games)

MetalYoshi

Smash Rookie
Chances are pretty good I can do this Friday, but we'll see. I'll update the list after school today.

EDIT: I'll do the tournament this Friday, since some people can't make it Saturday. Besides that, I have an early dinner anyway, so I can make it.

MetalYoshi

Smash Rookie
Today is the last day to sign up. Signups will be closed at 8 PM CST (9PM EST, 6PM PST). The tournament will begin tomorrow at 6PM CST (7PM EST, 4PM PST).

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Don't double post and bump your threads. Its really annoying. If your thread goes behind no one cares and since the ssb64 section isn't that huge I bet everyone has seen it on the first day.

MetalYoshi

Smash Rookie
Don't double post and bump your threads. Its really annoying. If your thread goes behind no one cares and since the ssb64 section isn't that huge I bet everyone has seen it on the first day.
That was not a bump, thank you. It was an annoucement, and it happened to be a double post. Besides, it makes no sense to me why I would bump a thread that is still in the first half of the page without some reason of doing so.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol actualy it is a double post and a bump, a bump isnt defined as when you purposly do it, but when you do it...the reason you did it is to let people know things about the tourny hence you bumped it to the top with new information :)

MetalYoshi

Smash Rookie
Could a mod please lock this thread? I'm going to reveal the results on Kaillera. For those of you in the tournament, hope to see you soon!

Top Bottom