• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Well guys, kind of a nostalgia trip for me this afternoon. I went home after being at college this weekend and saw this.View attachment 32790
This really holds a special place in my heart, as this was my little trapper keeper in elementary school. I stored everything in this guy. DK64 was one of the games they always had at my daycare when I would go. Just thought you guys would like to see this.
I remember playing this game back in summer 2006 back on the N64 at my cousin's house (Limited eye contact now though). I tried it for the first time and found it to be really addicting, I didn't wanna share the N64 but I had to since my brother and sister were with me at the time.

I miss playing it though, when I encountered the kritters on there, they acted like they were looking for something (they kept looking in both directions). Ah the memories.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
guys do you think that fair criticism for this game is that there is way to much kid icarus content and not enough for bigger series or is it butthurt whining
Fair, Sakurai literally said Dark Pit was playable as it wouldn't make sense for him to use the sacred treasures yet Falco has a Landmaster, something he never used outside of Smash, DK, Metroid and a bit of Kirby need more representation

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
yeah, their 2nd album releases tomorrow, right?
yes it does, i had an idea for a dk one, king k rool and cranky kong as the speaking roles and dk just making monkey noises. i also would like to see a pikmin one about how olimar is a murderous dictator and another metroid one with ridley in it

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fair, Sakurai literally said Dark Pit was playable as it wouldn't make sense for him to use the sacred treasures yet Falco has a Landmaster, something he never used outside of Smash, DK, Metroid and a bit of Kirby need more representation
But Falco used a Landmaster in Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Assault Multiplayer.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Except that everyone in the context of Smash is from another dimension.
Which is why this guidance is either: a) The guidance for Mewtwo and any other potential DLC character or b) A scrapped version of the guidance for the Miis that was never taken out of the game's data. I honestly think a is more likely since Sakurai and Nintendo would be downright stupid to not make more DLC characters.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Which is why this guidance is either: a) The guidance for Mewtwo and any other potential DLC character or b) A scrapped version of the guidance for the Miis that was never taken out of the game's data. I honestly think a is more likely since Sakurai and Nintendo would be downright stupid to not make more DLC characters.
i think it is actually a guidance for hacked or modded characters, thats what happened with pokemon when you have a hacked pokemon it is a bunch of ?. if it was for mewtwo then it would have been a guidance about mewtwo

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That idea of scrapped for Mii's is interesting. Then again, the Mii Fighter styles are all different enough to warrant different convos.

A) sounds like the more logical one in both contexts. In game, Palutena wouldn't prepare strategy for someone like KKR, or Snake, or Rayman. And on a meta level, no need for multiple recording sessions from the Pit, Palutena and Viridi VA's.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think the bigger mistake is the Koopalings turning into Shadow Mario and Ganondorf jogging around throwing Falcon Punches.
YES! That's one thing that I don't agree with about Bowser Jr having the Koopalings as alts. - it doesn't make any sense for the Koopalings to have Shadow Mario as their Final Smash in the first place! (unless Iggy and Bowser Jr. worked an all-nighter to create a Shadow Mario recreation device) I'd rather give them their own Final Smashes, since they're not going to affect tier listings at all and make the Koopalings seem more unique in the first place - Such as Lemmy's circus ball and Iggy's Chain Chomp.

Back to the Guidance - I like to go along with the theory that it's in the situation that if Player 1 is :4pit: and Player 2 is:mewtwomelee: or any other DLC fighter and P1 activates the Guidance as normal on Palutena's Temple. The problem is, Player 1 has not yet bought the Mewtwo DLC, so that means that they can't listen to Mewtwo's Guidance Codec, instead activating this 'placeholder' codec. That could explain why Palutena can't get any information about the character, because they're not in the game yet. Once they are, she'll have all the info she needs to tell Pit what to do in this situation.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
YES! That's one thing that I don't agree with about Bowser Jr having the Koopalings as alts. - it doesn't make any sense for the Koopalings to have Shadow Mario as their Final Smash in the first place! (unless Iggy and Bowser Jr. worked an all-nighter to create a Shadow Mario recreation device) I'd rather give them their own Final Smashes, since they're not going to affect tier listings at all and make the Koopalings seem more unique in the first place - Such as Lemmy's circus ball and Iggy's Chain Chomp.

Back to the Guidance - I like to go along with the theory that it's in the situation that if Player 1 is :4pit: and Player 2 is:mewtwomelee: or any other DLC fighter and P1 activates the Guidance as normal on Palutena's Temple. The problem is, Player 1 has not yet bought the Mewtwo DLC, so that means that they can't listen to Mewtwo's Guidance Codec, instead activating this 'placeholder' codec. That could explain why Palutena can't get any information about the character, because they're not in the game yet. Once they are, she'll have all the info she needs to tell Pit what to do in this situation.
I don't think it would work like this, though. If anything, its probably a placeholder in case they can't make a new Palutena's Guidance later when the character is released, such as if they can't get the voice actors back for either Palutena or Pit.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I think it's highly possible that the guidance could also be intended as a workaround should hackers someday get a NPC working as a controllable figure on that stage.

I think it's just for possible DLC characters, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
guys do you think that fair criticism for this game is that there is way to much kid icarus content and not enough for bigger series or is it butthurt whining
I think that Sakurai developed Kid Icarus with Smash Bros in mind, and utilized so much content from that game in this one because his 'originally conceived content' in SSE back in Brawl was met with poor reception for being original.

D

Deleted member

yet Falco has a Landmaster, something he never used outside of Smash
Something he's never done except when you play as him in multiplayer modes of every game except Command (where no Landmasters are present).

EDIT: Ah. Someone already brought it up. Never mind, then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Random point but man DKCR's soundtrack is underrated. I feel like this game has been forgotten since TF, but it's a quality game.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Random point but man DKCR's soundtrack is underrated. I feel like this game has been forgotten since TF, but it's a quality game.
Agreed. I think part of the reason it doesn't get as much attention is because a good portion of it are remixed versions of DKC1 songs.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Agreed. I think part of the reason it doesn't get as much attention is because a good portion of it are remixed versions of DKC1 songs.
That's what I like about it. TF has some absolute masterpieces, but there are also some Mario style trumphet tracks which I wasn't fond of. DKCR's tracks are simpler and more ambient, which is what I prefer personally. But man TF has some amazing pieces too. I'd say TF has the better soundtrack in terms of quality, but DKCR's is more true to the DKC series.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
yeah, i'm not complaining, wario would have been awesome in gangplank galleon
Let's look at it this way, both K. Rool and Wario love gold, K. Rool. saw him and the Kongs all try to steal back DK's golden bananas and now he's taking all 3 of them out. That's wht I like to think about this picture anyway.

I don't know why but I just feel that Wario would be a good choice along with the Kongs for a K. Rool reveal trailer. Then maybe Bowser shows up at the end to challenge him or something.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I had a very vivid dream last night of K Rool being in Smash. He dual weilded cutlasses and his forward special was an almost Dedede-esque hop (but further forward and lower) that could be repeated indefinitely with a higher hit percentage when used in quick succession

Unfortunately that's all I remember but it sounds awesome.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I had a very vivid dream last night of K Rool being in Smash. He dual weilded cutlasses and his forward special was an almost Dedede-esque hop (but further forward and lower) that could be repeated indefinitely with a higher hit percentage when used in quick succession

Unfortunately that's all I remember but it sounds awesome.
I'm not sure I like the idea of him dual wielding cutlasses, since that's something he never did before. It could be neat I guess, but Blunderbuss all the way for me. ^^

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm not sure I like the idea of him dual wielding cutlasses, since that's something he never did before. It could be neat I guess, but Blunderbuss all the way for me. ^^
It's the type of thing I can see him doing. Cutlasses for A moves, Blunderbuss/hops/copter thing/etc for specials

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Maybe it's just me but I don't see the appeal of the land games if you can play the DKCs. Even my nostalgia for DKL2 doesn't draw me to that game. Not only are the graphics worse but Kong selection is gutted by the fact that one Kong is outright superior to its partner. And I don't mean in the DKC1 way where DK had one or two things over Diddy but Diddy was far better. I mean that in DKL Diddy has the same hitbox and speed as DK, but he still can't kill those those few enemies that he couldn't in DKC (I think DK also still has the ground pound). Or for example in DKL2, Diddy has the same hitbox and speed as Dixie, but Dixie can twirl.

Poor Diddy

Last edited:
Top Bottom