• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon have I been invited? If not please invite me. I already went in and watched a couple threads but I have noticed I didn't get any notifications from there.

Pakky

Smash Hero
What's going on? Whatever it is I would love an invite.

Last edited:

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Haven't been as active as I used to be. Real life gets in the way. Despite not posting much anymore, I have tried to keep up on the discussion here. It's a shame our home for the past three years or so is closing. A Distant Demon A Distant Demon Could I be added to board?

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
The threads are being closed huh? Bit of a shame, but I can see why as there is no news on the horizon whatsoever. This thread was one of the reasons I joined Smashboards in the first place.

I'd like an invite to A Distant Demon A Distant Demon 's group please.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm late to the party but...

...it's probably the right time to lock the character speculation threads.

It has gotten quite messy. Maybe 2 or 3 threads aren't messy and a dozen aren't as messy, but the rest tend to be in this weird state of nothingness and/or chaos.

After the next 3 DLC characters, even the prospect of more characters makes this character speculation sub-forum seem less and less relevant. We've gotten 3 big hitters in via DLC (Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy) in regards to SWF support, and with that most people's attention away from here. Some of these threads are realllllly reaching too. It's gotten to the point where the logic is clearly to shut this thing down before it becomes an even worse meme haven.

\\

Having said that, Smash character speculation always has a place in Smash discussion in my opinion.

I've seen two waves of Smash speculation go down on this site (well 3 if you count people expecting Melee DLC), and 3 waves of Smash speculation go down on the internet. It never ceases to amaze me what lengths people will go to justify insignificant or unconsidered characters. This might sound odd, but a Meta Knight support group in 2004 is one of the ones that first opened my eyes to the magic of character speculation.

The idea of using Meta Knight to combine speed, range, sword attacks, flying, and precise techniques with combos was quite a read. It sure did turn out good in Brawl (despite Brawl's flaws), Project M, and Smash 4. Ideas like that and seeing them come to fruition really is such an engaging development. Additionally playing such inspired characters as Smash 64 Mario, Melee Falco, Brawl Snake, and Smash 4 Ryu can't help but leave one inspired, awed, and excited for what is around the corner with the next newcomer or revamped veteran even if they don't particularly enjoy a future Smash game.

Coming up with ideas, base builds, moveset ideas, playstyle theories, skillset potentials, and hypothesis for overall functionality for characters really is such a great mental stimulant that constantly keeps the wheels in your head turning. I can see why the savvy Smash developers love making Smash games so much.

I really hope this aspect of the community doesn't get lost in Smash's shift towards eSports, further casual diversification, customized content (mods and non-mods alike), because it's a really cool dynamic of the series. I hope mods like Project M and Brawl Minus as well as fan games like Smash Crusade and Smash Flash 2 continue to make people think more and more about these ideas. I know I certainly will.

\\

With that said my Krazy Kremling Kroonies and Krewmates, let us Kontinue our Kuest in the new Kool non-Kong Klub for K. Rool like the Kings, Kaptains, Kiddies, and Klaptraps we know we are.

\\

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
not to sound bias as hell but I would rather not go back to the all star alliance. There were some really silly decisions there (no dixie, no bandana dee etc)

would much rather go to an all inclusive place
*ducks for cover as he was one of the leaders there (I think... there were so many groups I lost track)*

Truth be told it was to limit requests to one per franchise... which was a weird and oddly flexible criteria I don't think anyone truly understands.

We tried to limit it to garner initial focus, but after the Lucas DLC and Roy/Ryu datamine finding (we actually had debates on Roy and Ryu oddly enough [again if I'm thinking of the same group]) that pretty much blew crap open. Roy was on our official first priority list at first, but later removed due to us cutting it down. Then the leak and real life and actually playing Smash 4 happened and the group died.

I mean, a lot of these groups are pointless now since:
1. Wolf is essentially a lock.
2. We don't know what the hell else is going to happen.
3. The only for sure "mandatory" characters left are Inklings, Snake, and K. Rool... in no particular order.
4. The only other potential "mandator" characters left are like Ice Climbers, Isaac, Rayman, and maybe Dixie. I can't think of any other character remotely close to that status right now (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright might be on the next tier along with Bandanna Dee).
5. That status could change. If we got 2 of those 3 mentioned veterans (Ice Climbers, Snake, and Wolf) as DLC, Squirtle and Ivysaur would have to be on the front runner list.
6. Organizing movements around characters when half of them gets confirmed is a good thing for the people trying to achieve it, but for the people trying to organize it, it is a disaster. Getting 2 of the 6 off the bat, 1 borderline candidate, Wolf all but confirmed, and Ice Climbers stuck in no man's land really kills things.
7. Constantly shifting goals to meet the constantly shifting expectations and character confirmations is murder. Originally said group (if I got the right group) was gonna be about a dozen characters. I had tons of cool write ups planned, as did other people, but we cut it to focus on specific characters. It was disheartening to be honest. For example, my fully Squirtle write up drafts were amazing, as were my ideas for Squirtle essentially evolving into Blastoise.

I honestly tried to keep a focus on K. Rool and other important characters, as did others, but the whole constantly changing environment makes such a group hard to sustain without some sort of media presence. Ultimately, that's where we got stuck, and why said group pretty much deflated (again if I'm thinking of the right group; there were so many similar groups lmao).

Plus... the whole purpose was essentially to get what we got: a bunch of popular characters and a smash ballot. So, in the end, that ship has sailed, and its' voyage was successful.

Where the K. Rool support goes now is to a different sea than where that one was at. ;)

Last edited:
*ducks for cover as he was one of the leaders there (I think... there were so many groups I lost track)*

Truth be told it was to limit requests to one per franchise... which was a weird and oddly flexible criteria I don't think anyone truly understands.

We tried to limit it to garner initial focus, but after the Lucas DLC and Roy/Ryu datamine finding (we actually had debates on Roy and Ryu oddly enough [again if I'm thinking of the same group]) that pretty much blew crap open. Roy was on our official first priority list at first, but later removed due to us cutting it down. Then the leak and real life and actually playing Smash 4 happened and the group died.

I mean, a lot of these groups are pointless now since:
1. Wolf is essentially a lock.
2. We don't know what the hell else is going to happen.
3. The only for sure "mandatory" characters left are Inklings, Snake, and K. Rool... in no particular order.
4. The only other potential "mandator" characters left are like Ice Climbers, Isaac, Rayman, and maybe Dixie. I can't think of any other character remotely close to that status right now (Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright might be on the next tier along with Bandanna Dee).
5. That status could change. If we got 2 of those 3 mentioned veterans (Ice Climbers, Snake, and Wolf) as DLC, Squirtle and Ivysaur would have to be on the front runner list.
6. Organizing movements around characters when half of them gets confirmed is a good thing for the people trying to achieve it, but for the people trying to organize it, it is a disaster. Getting 2 of the 6 off the bat, 1 borderline candidate, Wolf all but confirmed, and Ice Climbers stuck in no man's land really kills things.
7. Constantly shifting goals to meet the constantly shifting expectations and character confirmations is murder. Originally said group (if I got the right group) was gonna be about a dozen characters. I had tons of cool write ups planned, as did other people, but we cut it to focus on specific characters. It was disheartening to be honest. For example, my fully Squirtle write up drafts were amazing, as were my ideas for Squirtle essentially evolving into Blastoise.

I honestly tried to keep a focus on K. Rool and other important characters, as did others, but the whole constantly changing environment makes such a group hard to sustain without some sort of media presence. Ultimately, that's where we got stuck, and why said group pretty much deflated (again if I'm thinking of the right group; there were so many similar groups lmao).

Plus... the whole purpose was essentially to get what we got: a bunch of popular characters and a smash ballot. So, in the end, that ship has sailed, and its' voyage was successful.

Where the K. Rool support goes now is to a different sea than where that one was at. ;)
The all star alliance died when mewtwo was announced (50 fact extravaganza). You may be talking about something else IDK

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The all star alliance died when mewtwo was announced (50 fact extravaganza). You may be talking about something else IDK
That whole era of group forming is such a haze I wouldn't doubt it.

There were so many groups and so many moving parts and so much going on in just Smash (and obviously more in people's lives [mine included] outside of Smash) I sorta just tuned it out.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm posting this in both this thread and the new one, to make sure that it's seen.

Whilst we don't have a date yet, Nintendo's president, Tatsumi Kimishima, has confirmed again that not only will Nintendo Directs continue, but there will definitely be at least one more this year.

It's not much, but at least we do now know that there will be one more this year.

lordrogersmith6485

Smash Cadet
I'm posting this in both this thread and the new one, to make sure that it's seen.

Whilst we don't have a date yet, Nintendo's president, Tatsumi Kimishima, has confirmed again that not only will Nintendo Directs continue, but there will definitely be at least one more this year.

It's not much, but at least we do now know that there will be one more this year.
An announcement of an announcement. This is killing me! :mad:

But it's still something, I suppose...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Wait, wait, wait... we're changing threads now? '-' ... I was inactive for a little while, so I didn't know that (or why). But anyway, I don't want to be out of this, please A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , I'd like an invite too.
Thank you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wait, wait, wait... we're changing threads now? '-' ... I was inactive for a little while, so I didn't know that (or why). But anyway, I don't want to be out of this, please A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , I'd like an invite too.
Thank you.
You were already invited, it seems. See your inbox, it may be buried in there.
Better yet, Go here: smashboards.com/social-forums/semi-social-all-character-support.1812 and press the "Accept Invite" button on the right.

I still need an invite.
Invited.

:231:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suppose I should add that you can also tag me or any of the people here for the invite.

upload_2015-10-28_17-21-21.png

:231:

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
I probably didn't have the chanceo or time to post on this thread, but now I got time to do it, I will have to post this.

I would like to join the list of Kremling Kutthroats. I must admit I was looking at this board for a long while and each time I have a lot of interest on the character, honestly I'm surprised he wasn't revealed yet, K.Rool would work nicely in the Smah formula. Can I be invited as a new member of the Kutthroats @one333 ?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I probably didn't have the chanceo or time to post on this thread, but now I got time to do it, I will have to post this.

I would like to join the list of Kremling Kutthroats. I must admit I was looking at this board for a long while and each time I have a lot of interest on the character, honestly I'm surprised he wasn't revealed yet, K.Rool would work nicely in the Smah formula. Can I be invited as a new member of the Kutthroats @one333 ?
I can't help with the invite, but I can initiate you! Welcome aboard, fellow kutthroat!

:grin:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel this thread has done a lot for King K.Rool's character in the recent years. It was a great ride, big shout out and big up to BKupa666 BKupa666 for running this thread and campaign for this long tiresome road! I especially enjoyed this thread as it educated so many ignorant people about the greatness that was established with Rare's Donkey Kong Country. To everyone who was a part of this all, I sallute you!

Top Bottom