• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
very doubtful, smash 5 development will probably start in... maybe 2018 at the earliest, 2020 at the latest
The next gen nintendo home console is very likely holiday 2017, and smash is the game nintendo wants out within a consoles first two years of life. also makes me thing we will get a new director as sakurai wont be healthy enough to make another smash so soon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Even when you ignore the Deadpool-esque shenanigans, K. Rool always learns something from his mistakes. Donkey Kong beat him? Capture DK. Diddy took charge afterwards? Get both of them, this time. All else fails? Capture every single Kong you can find and set up a myriad of strongholds on every sector of the island just to be sure. The only instance he's failed on more than once is the occasion where one Kong just isn't there at the time or slips under their notice.
Got this from TVTropes

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
(Which is why what better plot for DKCR3 than for K. Rool to abduct the Kongs' support base, the one they've relied on for every single one of their adventures. . .the Animal Buddies?)

Also, speaking of videos. . .

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
The next gen nintendo home console is very likely holiday 2017, and smash is the game nintendo wants out within a consoles first two years of life. also makes me thing we will get a new director as sakurai wont be healthy enough to make another smash so soon.
ok then, if it is like that it shoudl be out by 2019, but 5 years is a little too early for a smash game

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
Hello, new supporter here.....................................

Related to K.Rool.

I think.
(Which is why what better plot for DKCR3 than for K. Rool to abduct the Kongs' support base, the one they've relied on for every single one of their adventures. . .the Animal Buddies?)

Kidding~
Anyways. I am ready to be "One of you" now. :estatic:

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman

And done.
Aye! Welcome aboard the Gangplank Galleon!
Edit: Beaten. Not fast enough...:4sonic:

seriously though, I appreciate the welcomings alot~ Fills my heart with rainbows. :estatic:

But seriously: King K. rool is a great character and villain, that definitely deserves to be in smash. I've been silently supporting him being in for quite awhile now. (Predating before I joined smashboards, so I have quite a good history with supporting the King) And besides, smash needs more villains (Yeah yeah, already been stated many times, but its pretty much true.)

So yeah, count me in for supporting him! :bluejump:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Well, I was thinking of that as a plot for Diddy Kong Racing U. K. Rool gets his hands on Wizpig's wand (only alluding to Wizpig since they can't use him) and turns the Animal Buddies into inanimate objects, and the Kongs improvise and use them as vehicles in the game.

Would be neat, though, if it turns out that in DKCR3 K. Rool had already captured all the Animal Buddies except Rambi, which is why none of them were around for DKCR and DKC Tropical Freeze, and the Kongs will HAVE to free them in order to defeat K. Rool.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
... I need to start posting more often on this thread. I'm still here, I just look at the posts now usually.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Seeing the One of Us video makes me think of how many times we'd have to post it if/when K. Rool gets into DKCR3. Like, this thread will get swamped, no pun intended, because for some weird reason, there are people out there who refuse/don't bother to support the King because Retro hasn't used him yet.

It comes off as backwards thinking to me, and yet after lurking GameFAQs, it's not entirely uncommon to see.

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
Seeing the One of Us video makes me think of how many times we'd have to post it if/when K. Rool gets into DKCR3. Like, this thread will get swamped, no pun intended, because for some weird reason, there are people out there who refuse/don't bother to support the King because Retro hasn't used him yet.

It comes off as backwards thinking to me, and yet after lurking GameFAQs, it's not entirely uncommon to see.
Don't worry, people will come around. They have no choice when K Rool returns to show everyone what they've been missing :p

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
Guys... do you think, that, if we get a new DK-Character, their will instead choose Pauline over King K. Rool and Dixie kong. She currently got more roles, than the other two?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys... do you think, that, if we get a new DK-Character, their will instead choose Pauline over King K. Rool and Dixie kong. She currently got more roles, than the other two?
No way would the devs be that stupid! Besides, Most wanted newcomer for Brawl? Sonic. Most wanted newcomer for 4? Mega Man. Most wanted character now? Take a guess

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
No way would the devs be that stupid! Besides, Most wanted newcomer for Brawl? Sonic. Most wanted newcomer for 4? Mega Man. Most wanted character now? Take a guess
all of them got in, so unless there is a new character that comes up and becomes the most wanted then i think k rool is set, Bowser was also the most wanted for melee and he got in as well

Rattle-Kalimba

Smash Apprentice
I still think and have a feeling, that Nintendo them self have really an vendetta against the other DK characters. Hopefully not because the where created by western people. But, this is actually the only reason I can see, why they didn't pushed th DK-Franchise at all.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Kevin Bayliss finally followed our Kampaign...THAT is frick'n awesome. To have the guy who created all the other Kong and Kremling characters including Diddy and K. Rool in the first place who are now well known and loved by gamers of past and now.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
Kevin Bayliss finally followed our Kampaign...THAT is frick'n awesome. To have the guy who created all the other Kong and Kremling characters including Diddy and K. Rool in the first place who are now well known and loved by gamers of past and now.
thats awesome, hopefully he would be willing to voice k rool and diddy if retro give him the oppurtunity in dkcr3

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So happy to be a part of this.

This is wonderful news!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
thats awesome, hopefully he would be willing to voice k rool and diddy if retro give him the oppurtunity in dkcr3
Funny thing, according to him, he did'nt actually voice K. Rool or Diddy in DK64 let alone was involved in it then when asked who really did he replied he couldn't remember but that it was one of the other rare team members though he didn't say who exactly. Then I tried asking Grant Kirkhope if he knew since he was one of the one's involved in the game, he replied the same thing that he couldn't remember. Something's fishy here, I wanna know who did those awesome voices for those characters.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I tried thinking of a moveset for K.Rool but then I realized something. how does one balance him? He jumps high, is surprisingly fast, heavy and strong as hell. Any suggestions?
That sounds like Bowser in Smash 4, and he is not very good XD

Being a big target with some lag in the air attacks is enough to balance him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom