• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

D

Deleted member

Entrance: He's laying on the ground playing dead. Then he pops up to get ready to fight.

Animations, well, that's anyone's guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I always thought a good entrance for K. Rool that highlights the humorous elements of the character would be if he flew in on that little helicopter thing he used in DKC3, but before he touched down it breaks and he falls and lands on his face. :awesome:

It's sad that I've given more thought to some characters' entrances than actual movesets (like K. Rool), but that's probably just because I'd be pretty satisfied with whatever his moveset ends up being (though I hope he uses the blunderbuss).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My moveset is bassicaly the one Pizzadudemanguy made.

B = Blunderbuss
B > = Crown throw
B ^ = DKC3 Helicopter pack
B V = Shockwave/stomp move he does in DK 64

:phone:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Maybe his entrance could be like the boxing fight in DK64. There would be a large arena light that he is stuck in, and is running in blindly from the side of start position, yelling. He slips on a banana (lanky kong fight) and he falls on his back, causing the light to slip off of him. He stands up and gets ready to fight, and the light disappears.

This would never happen, but it would be hilarious if it did :p

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe as an entry input, K. Rool would dive down onto the ground, causing it to vibrate. A reference to that high jump that he used in Donkey Kong Country, prior to the falling cannonballs.

D

Deleted member

Entrance: He's laying on the ground playing dead. Then he pops up to get ready to fight.

Animations, well, that's anyone's guess.
I could easily see this happening. It's something I identify him with thanks to Donkey Kong Country.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
I can't remember if this was brought up before, but should K. Rool have alternate costumes in the same way that Wario has an alt. costume? After all, K. Rool does have a rather large wardrobe; definitely the most fashionable villain.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I, too, like the idea of K. Rool rising from "the dead" as an entrance.

I think we said that his costumes would be awesome, but that it might be difficult to program him doing crown-related moves in them, since he wouldn't have a crown in his alternate get-ups.

Do you guys think there could be ways around this?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think we said that his costumes would be awesome, but that it might be difficult to program him doing crown-related moves in them, since he wouldn't have a crown in his alternate get-ups.

Do you guys think there could be ways around this?
Pirate K. Rool throws his pirate hat.

Not sure about the mad scientist costume.

Or they could half *** and make him throw his crown anyway, despite the costume.

Phantom287

Smash Rookie
Pirate K. Rool throws his pirate hat.

Not sure about the mad scientist costume.

Or they could half *** and make him throw his crown anyway, despite the costume.
Beat me to it, Peacock. :)

Yeah, why not have him throw his respective headwear? They could always give his Baron costume goggles to throw.

Or they could just do like you said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about just not having the crown rolling move?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't think there's any chance of that, since it's his most iconic move by far.

What if Baron could throw his remote control? That might work also.

D

Deleted member

He throws the Frankenstein-esque lump on his head, which is revealed to be just a cap. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
His toupee? Now there's a funny image. Maybe he can just throw his entire helicopter pack too?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I can't remember if this was brought up before, but should K. Rool have alternate costumes in the same way that Wario has an alt. costume? After all, K. Rool does have a rather large wardrobe; definitely the most fashionable villain.
I did have the Kaptain K. Rool outfit inputted as a possible alternate outfit option for K. Rool.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ironically K. Rool would be the most honest president ever.

Slaughtering babies, throwing trash everywhere, spending funds on laser guns, stealing from others, lying under oaths, and stomping on flowers.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At least when he's lying and cheating he's honest about it

Ya know, more or less

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It wouldn't be K. Rool if he wasn't honestly lying

D

Deleted member

Face it; the economy would probably be better if K. Rool was President. :troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, I just made a rare interesting find on GameFAQs...granted, it was an article linked to GameFAQs, but I digress. It contains tidbits about Retro's new game, all of which are quite applicable to a DKCR sequel.

- Artist left Naughty Dog because he doesn’t enjoy working on realistic look games. Says Retro is a better fit for him.
- The lead artist of Epic Mickey is involved on this project.
- The game will have high quality hand painted 2D texture maps
- According to Monty Goulet’s YouTube video from his official YouTube channel, he finished working on Retro’s game on August 2012.
- A contract artist named Crystel Land started working on a Nintendo IP for Retro Studios on May 2012.
- The game will have ambient, environmental and weather effects.
- Not only will the game have enemies, but it will also have bosses.
- The game will have cinematic cutscenes.
Monty Goulet frequently lurked the GameFAQs DKCR boards during the game's development in 2010. In addition, this talk of atmosphere in combination with an "unrealistic" game seems to rule out all of the Star Fox/F-Zero/Metroid theories.

Let's hope that this is a DKCR2 project starring K. Rool back in his villain role. Hell, even if he's absent, the game will absolutely not introduce any characters more important than him to diminish his Smash prospects.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I hope it involves K. Rool and the Kremlings. Im a bit uneducated about DKCR1, but I heard the main baddies are tikis or something like that. Does not sound right for a DK game :/

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Monty Goulet frequently lurked the GameFAQs DKCR boards during the game's development in 2010. In addition, this talk of atmosphere in combination with an "unrealistic" game seems to rule out all of the Star Fox/F-Zero/Metroid theories.
A game where anthropomorphized animals fly space ships is just as unrealistic as a game about an ape trying to reclaim his bananas. ;)

But even F-Zero and Metroid are unrealistic compared to Uncharted and the Last of Us.

Let's hope that this is a DKCR2 project starring K. Rool back in his villain role. Hell, even if he's absent, the game will absolutely not introduce any characters more important than him to diminish his Smash prospects.
It definitely could be a DKCR2, but I think those points really don't easily single out any specific IP over another. The one that makes it sound most like it could be a DKCR game is hand-painted 2D texture maps, but only because it seems unlikely one of the other possible IPs would have that. Some of the points, like the cinematic cutscene one, IMO would hint more towards a different IP, but overall I think these points are still too vague to really make any solid guesses.

Personally I think, going by these points, that Retro's game could just as easily be Starfox or Metroid, though I'd be fine with any of the four usually speculated IPs (DK, Starfox, Metroid, F-Zero).

However if it does end up being DKCR2, I, like pretty much everyone else, hope the Kremlings make a return. I did not like the tikis.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It would be pretty cool if that was the actual plotline. Or an alliance between K. Rool and the Tikis. Seeing K. Rool in Polynesian garb would be interesting...

jigglover

Smash Lord
Plot twist: K. Rool created the Tikis. :troll:
What if K. Rool was actually turned into a Tiki by something, and since they made him over-powered with one thing on his mind (bananas) then DK, DK and DK all head out to help him and turn him back into the fat alligator for everyone but the tiki's sake.

Top Bottom