• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In terms of villains, K. Rool, Ridley and Porky stand out as my favourite hypothetical Smash newcomers. At least one of them is regrettably not going to happen anytime soon, and another is from a series that has finished its tenure as confirmed by the creator. I would kill to have Metal Face in Smash, but I accept that that is not going to happen for a panoply of good reasons, and while Hades is also among my favourite Nintendo antagonists, I respect that he's a one-shot baddie and would justifiably (and ironically) find himself usurped by the much more popular and iconic Medusa should another Kid Icarus character be on the cards.

I think villains just tend to be more interesting than the heroes a lot of the time, or at least comparable to them - after all, what's a good hero without an equally good antagonist to round off the story?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
What I cannot stand competitively is the spamming going on. You can be walling your opponent but once they start spamming certain moves they turn it around, it doesn't matter what awesome reads you do, they still get you. Now you could contribute that to the player just being bad and not reading properly but come on.

Also...
View attachment 53253
That, is the face of a victor. He may fight dirty, but this Kroc's the true King of the Smash Ring.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
In terms of villains, K. Rool, Ridley and Porky stand out as my favourite hypothetical Smash newcomers. At least one of them is regrettably not going to happen anytime soon, and another is from a series that has finished its tenure as confirmed by the creator. I would kill to have Metal Face in Smash, but I accept that that is not going to happen for a panoply of good reasons, and while Hades is also among my favourite Nintendo antagonists, I respect that he's a one-shot baddie and would justifiably (and ironically) find himself usurped by the much more popular and iconic Medusa should another Kid Icarus character be on the cards.

I think villains just tend to be more interesting than the heroes a lot of the time, or at least comparable to them - after all, what's a good hero without an equally good antagonist to round off the story?
You just named my 3 most wanted newcomers + other wanted villains.
Who doesn't like villains (except the heroes) they have so much more personality (and better songs)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, like I said, after K. Rool and Ridley, what villains do you really add that aren't just for the sake of having a villain?
I certainly can't think of anyone. There's no notable iconic villains left who'd really make sense. You can stretch and find some (Vaati, Porky, Fawful, Captain Syrup, Kamek), but without stretching, there's really not anyone.

And, of course, villains won't get in before heroes in a new IP, so unrepresented IP's are definitely out of the question. And even then, the only one with an established recurring villain who could work in that regard is Golden Sun's Alex (which basically is leading up to Alex being Isaac's arch-nemesis, due to circumstances from past GS games; even though Alex has been "The Unfought" to date).

As far as truly major and iconic villains go its just K. Rool and Ridley. Vaati isn't iconic, he's just more recurring than others. Porky is the main villain of Mother, but in the first one he's absent and in the second he technically plays second-fiddle to Giygas, and the Mother series is basically over. Fawful is exclusive to one branch. Kamek is iconic, but its iffy if we'll ever get another Yoshi character. Captain Syrup has been in only three games, as well, out of so many more Wario games, including additional Wario Land games where she's absent. Plus there's the totally unrelated WarioWare games which always get more representation.

There's no shortage of villains who could be added, but the odds are slim for any of them except K. Rool, really. (And maybe Ridley in the next Smash title.)

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I made a quick list of villains (antagonists, jerks, rivals, etc.), that are important and, I believe, are worth to mention:

- Fawful - Mario & Luigi - (Played an important role in two out of four Mario & Luigi games, also appeared in one of the other)
- Waluigi - Wario/Mario - (Very popular)
- King Boo - Luigi's Mansion - (Main antagonist of the Luigi's Mansion series)
- Kamek - Yoshi's Island - (The actual main antagonist of the Yoshi series, often over looked)
- Captain Syrup - Wario (Land) - (Appeared in a lot of Wario Land games. Also played important roles)
- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong - (Obvious)
- Ridley - Metroid - (Also obvious)
- Mother Brain - Metroid - (Important antagonist of the Metroid series)
- Dark Samus - Metroid - (Main antagonist of the Metroid Prime Trilogy)
- Ganon (Wizpig) - The Legend of Zelda - (Actually WAY more important than Sheik)
- Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda - (Very popular, appeared in quite a few games)
- Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda - (Very popular)
- Magolor - Kirby - (Very popular)
- Dark Matter - Kirby - (Main antagonist of the "Dark Matter Trilogy")
- Wolf O'Donnell - Star Fox - (Leader of team Star Fox' rivals, team Star Wolf)
- Leon Powalski - Star Fox - (Important member of Team Star Wolf [He is just as important to Star Wolf, as Falco is to Star Fox])
- Andross - Star Fox - (Main antagonist of the Star Fox series)
- Louie - Pikmin - (I know the truth)
- Medusa - Kid Icarus - (Very important to the Kid Icarus series)
- Hades - Kid Icarus - (Main antagonist of Sakurai's favorite game of all time Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Porky - Mother/Earthbound - (Important [and one of the only] returning character in the Mother/Earthbound series]
- Giygas - Mother/Earthbound - (Important for the Mother/Earthbound series)
- Masked Man - Mother 3 - (Very important character in Mother 3)
- King Hippo - Punch-Out!! - (Not a villain in the traditional way, but a returning and iconic opponent of the Punch-Out!! series)
- Samurai Goroh - F-Zero - (Returning character of the F-Zero series, also rival of Captain Falcon)
- Black Shadow - F-Zero - (Important character)
- Meowth - Pokémon - (Iconic and if he gets some Team Rocket references, he technically would count as a villain [etc.], too)
- Dr. Eggman - Sonic - (IF we ever get more than one character per third-party series, I'd prefer him over everyone else.)
- Dr. Wily - Mega Man - (See above, just replace "Eggman" with "Wily")
I don't know if there are any Fire Emblem or Xenoblade villains that are worth to mention, but I heard Metal Face from Xenobalde is important.

Okay, do you remember when I said "quick"? Yeah, I lied... it is a lot more than I was expecting.
But as you can see, there are actually a lot of important villains (antagonists, etc.). You can't deny, they all are somehow important.
...And this isn't even the tip of the iceberg! I could also have mentioned Panther Caroso from Star Fox, Galacta
Knight
from Kirby, Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2, or even the Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3!

Man, I think I'd kill to have at least the half of them in Smash!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I don't really want to get in the business of including villains that are only in one game (looking at you, Wart; you occupy a single screen in all of Mario). Hades is about the only exception I can think to make, and even that is an enormous stretch. Then you have characters like Skull Kid which are more or less glorified drones. (And Magolor is not very popular, either).

If K. Rool and Ridley got added, I'd probably put in Ganon and call it a day; maybe Andross if he got a humanoid form.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
You just named my 3 most wanted newcomers + other wanted villains.
Who doesn't like villains (except the heroes) they have so much more personality (and better songs)
This.(though i think masked man or giegue/gyiyg woulf work better since the spider mechs he uses in both games are kind of huge) my biggest gripe with smash as a series is that it doesn't have enough villians. Would honestly like to see every series get a major antagonist.(dark samus/ridley for metroid, our king for DK, black shadow/deathborn for f-zero, nergal for fe[the black knight works too but with the fe characters already being heavily sword based i think a pure magic user would be more interesting], medusa for KI, etc..)

StormC

Smash Hero
Would honestly like to see every series get a major antagonist.(dark samus/ridley for metroid, our king for DK, black shadow/deathborn for f-zero, nergal for fe[the black knight works too but with the fe characters already being heavily sword based i think a pure magic user would be more interesting], medusa for KI, etc..)
But are these all characters you feel are important and have merit as playable characters, is the question.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want to get in the business of including villains that are only in one game (looking at you, Wart; you occupy a single screen in all of Mario). Hades is about the only exception I can think to make, and even that is an enormous stretch. Then you have characters like Skull Kid which are more or less glorified drones. (And Magolor is not very popular, either).

If K. Rool and Ridley got added, I'd probably put in Ganon and call it a day; maybe Andross if he got a humanoid form.
Magolor is very popular in Japan, I probably should have mentioned that. :p
And, yes, I also wouldn't include one-shots. But only Ghirahim, Hades and Masked Man are on my list that appeared only once.
(Skull Kid appeared in Ocarion of Time, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. [More or less])
(Magolor appeard in Return to Dream Land, Kirby's Dream Collection and made a very small cameo in Triple Deluxe.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The biggest villians left to be added to Smash I think are simply K.Rool, Ridley and Ganon. But I can only see K.Rool making it in out of them all. And am wondering, who here is actually still voting for the King?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I made a quick list of villains (antagonists, jerks, rivals, etc.), that are important and, I believe, are worth to mention:

- Fawful - Mario & Luigi - (Played an important role in two out of four Mario & Luigi games, also appeared in one of the other)
- Waluigi - Wario/Mario - (Very popular)
- King Boo - Luigi's Mansion - (Main antagonist of the Luigi's Mansion series)
- Kamek - Yoshi's Island - (The actual main antagonist of the Yoshi series, often over looked)
- Captain Syrup - Wario (Land) - (Appeared in a lot of Wario Land games. Also played important roles)
- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong - (Obvious)
- Ridley - Metroid - (Also obvious)
- Mother Brain - Metroid - (Important antagonist of the Metroid series)
- Dark Samus - Metroid - (Main antagonist of the Metroid Prime Trilogy)
- Ganon (Wizpig) - The Legend of Zelda - (Actually WAY more important than Sheik)
- Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda - (Very popular, appeared in quite a few games)
- Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda - (Very popular)
- Magolor - Kirby - (Very popular)
- Dark Matter - Kirby - (Main antagonist of the "Dark Matter Trilogy")
- Wolf O'Donnell - Star Fox - (Leader of team Star Fox' rivals, team Star Wolf)
- Leon Powalski - Star Fox - (Important member of Team Star Wolf [He is just as important to Star Wolf, as Falco is to Star Fox])
- Andross - Star Fox - (Main antagonist of the Star Fox series)
- Louie - Pikmin - (I know the truth)
- Medusa - Kid Icarus - (Very important to the Kid Icarus series)
- Hades - Kid Icarus - (Main antagonist of Sakurai's favorite game of all time Kid Icarus: Uprising)
- Porky - Mother/Earthbound - (Important [and one of the only] returning character in the Mother/Earthbound series]
- Giygas - Mother/Earthbound - (Important for the Mother/Earthbound series)
- Masked Man - Mother 3 - (Very important character in Mother 3)
- King Hippo - Punch-Out!! - (Not a villain in the traditional way, but a returning and iconic opponent of the Punch-Out!! series)
- Samurai Goro - F-Zero - (Returning character of the F-Zero series, also rival of Captain Falcon)
- Black Shadow - F-Zero - (Important character)
- Meowth - Pokémon - (Iconic and if he gets some Team Rocket references, he technically would count as a villain [etc.], too)
- Dr. Eggman - Sonic - (IF we ever get more than one character per third-party series, I'd prefer him over everyone else from Sonic)
- Dr. Wily - Mega Man - (See above, just replace "Eggman" with "Wily")
I don't know if there are any Fire Emblem or Xenoblade villains that are worth to mention, but I heard Metal Face from Xenobalde is important.

Okay, do you remember when I said "quick"? Yeah, I lied... it is a lot more than I was expecting.
But as you can see, there are actually a lot of important villains (antagonists, etc.). You can't deny, they all are somehow important.
...And this isn't even the tip of the iceberg! I could also have mentioned Panther Caroso from Star Fox, Galacta
Knight
from Kirby, Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2, or even the Plasm Wraith from Pikmin 3!

Man, I think I'd kill to have at least the half of them in Smash!
I'm going to rate their chances.
- Fawful - Mario & Luigi - Only important in the Mario RPG series. Also isn't he dead? Unlikely.
- Waluigi - Wario/Mario - First of all, not a Wario character. May be popular but not important to the franchise. Unlikely.
- King Boo - Luigi's Mansion - Very unlikely.
- Kamek - Yoshi's Island - Very unlikely, but if Yoshi got another rep, it'd be him.
- Captain Syrup - Wario (Land) - Possible.
- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong - Duh. VERY LIKELY
- Ridley - Metroid - Duh. LIKELY WHEN SAKURAI STOPS MAKING SMASH.
- Mother Brain - Metroid - Can't move and Dinosaur form is literally too big. Unlikely.
- Dark Samus - Metroid - Possible. Also AT.
- Ganon (Wizpig) - The Legend of Zelda - Unlikely. Sakurai is set on Falcondorf I guess.
- Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda - One time villain. Unlikely. Also AT
- Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda - One time villain. Unlikely. Also AT.
- Magolor - Kirby - To my knowledge, one time villain. Unlikely.
- Dark Matter - Kirby - Unlikely compared to who he is up against for Smash.
- Wolf O'Donnell - Star Fox - Duh. Shoo-in
- Leon Powalski - Star Fox - Unlikely. Leon isn't as important as Falco in the big picture because he's Wolf second hand man, Wolf is the bad guy. Falco is Fox's second hand man, Fox is the good guy. Unlikely.
- Andross - Star Fox - Is literally just a face and hands, unlikely.
- Louie - Pikmin - No...
- Medusa - Kid Icarus - Likely, considering she's important to the series and Sakurai bias.
- Hades - Kid Icarus - Unlikely compared to Medusa.
- Porky - Mother/Earthbound - Unlikely, Mother is finished as a franchise (sad I know) and Porky is very wide.
- Giygas - Mother/Earthbound - Geigue, the feasible form of Giygas in Smash probably won't get in. Unlikely.
- Masked Man - Mother 3 - Possible
- King Hippo - Punch-Out!! - Punch Out!! really only needs Little Mac. Unlikely.
- Samurai Goro - F-Zero - Possible and SHOULD BE IN. Also AT
- Black Shadow - F-Zero - Important but a lackey to the main villain. Possible.
- Meowth - Pokémon - Was considered for Smash so likely against the rest of the 716 Pokemon.
- Dr. Eggman - Sonic - Unlikely, if anyone I'd think it be Tails or Shadow.
- Dr. Wily - Mega Man - Unlikely, if anyone I'd think it be Protoman or Zero.
Panther Caruso - same reason as Leon unlikely.
Plasm Wraith - Unlikely. One time enemy.
Galacta Knight - Casuals might confuse for Meta Knight and could basically be Meta Knight alt (not saying they are the same) Unlikely.
Wart - One time villain. Unlikely.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
This.(though i think masked man or giegue/gyiyg woulf work better since the spider mechs he uses in both games are kind of huge) my biggest gripe with smash as a series is that it doesn't have enough villians. Would honestly like to see every series get a major antagonist.(dark samus/ridley for metroid, our king for DK, black shadow/deathborn for f-zero, nergal for fe[the black knight works too but with the fe characters already being heavily sword based i think a pure magic user would be more interesting], medusa for KI, etc..)
Exactly! Villain are, for most, never playable outside of smash, so I would prefer to play as Ridley than Samus, because if I want to do so I can always do it in every Metroid game.

Also @ Thelimomon Thelimomon , we have the exact same mains, which make you a better person.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ye gods Nergal is amazing.

As a Smash character, though? He doesn't have nearly the credentials necessary. I can't see any Fire Emblem villain making the cut, truth be told, as they are seldom anywhere close to attaining the same popularity or memorability as the heroes.

:4robinm: :4robinf:

Bananija

Count of Trickery

I think you switched those too. Wasn't Black Shadow the main villain?

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean, let's think about all of the single game characters in Smash to begin with.

-Ness
-Ice Climbers
-Lucas
-Robin
-Lucina
-Shulk
-Duck Hunt
-Dark Pit
-Greninja (kinda)

All playable characters in their games, two clones, one semi-clone. The chance of a one-off villain ever happening is slim to none.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I mean, let's think about all of the single game characters in Smash to begin with.

-Ness
-Ice Climbers
-Lucas
-Robin
-Lucina
-Shulk
-Duck Hunt
-Dark Pit
-Greninja (kinda)

All playable characters in their games, two clones, one semi-clone. The chance of a one-off villain ever happening is slim to none.
Ness is the face of Mother. And is a protagonist who automatically have a better shot than villains.
Ice Climbers was a retro pick. Sakurai just picked em because he was like they look cool.
Robin was the protagonist and player character of the best selling Fire Emblem game.
Lucina was added because of extra time.
Shulk is the face of Xenoblade and also extremely popular in Japan.
Duck Hunt is the same as IC but also cuz everyone wants to beat them up.
Dark Pit is the same as Lucina
Greninja was literally picked as the new Pokemon rep cuz Sakurai thought he looked cool.

I think you switched those too. Wasn't Black Shadow the main villain?
No Goroh is more important as he has been in every single F-Zero game and is Falcon's rival in all of them. Black Shadow might've been but he was scared of Deathborn. Also he literally seems like he'd be a Falcon clone which is the only way I'd accept him if he took Falcondorf's moveset (excluding front tilt, Flame choke, FAir) and Ganondorf got a new moveset.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
- Mother Brain - Metroid - Can't move and Dinosaur form is literally too big. Unlikely.
- Dark Samus - Metroid - Possible.
Galacta Knight - Casuals might confuse for Meta Knight and could basically be Meta Knight alt (not saying they are the same) Unlikely.
(Mother Brain: You clearly haven't looked up the Mother Brain thread yet!)

Also, funny how you mentioned "AT" for everyone but Dark Samus, called her "Possible", and then:
:4marth:"Galacta Knight is too similar to Meta Knight.":4lucina:

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
(Mother Brain: You clearly haven't looked up the Mother Brain thread yet!)

Also, funny how you mentioned "AT" for everyone but Dark Samus, called her "Possible", and then:
:4marth:"Galacta Knight is too similar too Meta Knight.":4lucina:
Nah I havent seen the thread.
Forgot that
I don't like Lucina. But she was added because of extra time. Also I'm pretty sure I said Galacta Knight looks to similar to Meta Knight not is too similar.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
No Goroh is more important as he has been in every single F-Zero game and is Falcon's rival in all of them. Black Shadow might've been but he was scared of Deathborn. Also he literally seems like he'd be a Falcon clone which is the only way I'd accept him if he took Falcondorf's moveset (excluding front tilt, Flame choke, FAir) and Ganondorf got a new moveset.
If you say soo. It's not like if I was a F-Zero expert.

StormC

Smash Hero
Galacta Knight as a Meta Knight clone is probably something that would have happened in Smash 4 if it wasn't Sakurai.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, Black Shadow taking the Falcondorf moveset was always just attempting to put a bandaid on the lack of F-Zero characters brought upon by Goroh being turned into an AT along with people wanting Ganondorf to be unique. He doesn't really warrant it and arguably no F-Zero character that isn't Goroh does.

Though having a Smash character voiced by Norio Wakamoto would be amazing (#MBison4Smash4).

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yeah, Black Shadow taking the Falcondorf moveset was always just attempting to put a bandaid on the lack of F-Zero characters brought upon by Goroh being turned into an AT along with people wanting Ganondorf to be unique. He doesn't really warrant it and arguably no F-Zero character that isn't Goroh does.

Though having a Smash character voiced by Norio Wakamoto would be amazing (#MBison4Smash4).
You could bring this chat over to the Samurai Goroh thread http://smashboards.com/threads/the-best-in-the-galaxy-samurai-goroh-for-smash.403806/

SELF PLUG SELF PLUG SELF PLUG

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
- Fawful - Mario & Luigi - Only important in the Mario RPG series. Also isn't he dead? Unlikely.
- Waluigi - Wario/Mario - First of all, not a Wario character. May be popular but not important to the franchise. Unlikely.
- King Boo - Luigi's Mansion - Very unlikely.
- Kamek - Yoshi's Island - Very unlikely, but if Yoshi got another rep, it'd be him.
- Captain Syrup - Wario (Land) - Possible.
- King K. Rool - Donkey Kong - Duh. VERY LIKELY
- Ridley - Metroid - Duh. LIKELY WHEN SAKURAI STOPS MAKING SMASH.
- Dark Samus - Metroid - Possible. Also AT.
- Ganon (Wizpig) - The Legend of Zelda - Unlikely. Sakurai is set on Falcondorf I guess.
- Skull Kid - The Legend of Zelda - One time villain. Unlikely. Also AT
- Ghirahim - The Legend of Zelda - One time villain. Unlikely. Also AT.
- Magolor - Kirby - To my knowledge, one time villain. Unlikely.
- Dark Matter - Kirby - Unlikely compared to who he is up against for Smash.
- Wolf O'Donnell - Star Fox - Duh. Shoo-in
- Leon Powalski - Star Fox - Unlikely. Leon isn't as important as Falco in the big picture because he's Wolf second hand man, Wolf is the bad guy. Falco is Fox's second hand man, Fox is the good guy. Unlikely.
- Andross - Star Fox - Is literally just a face and hands, unlikely.
- Louie - Pikmin - No...
- Medusa - Kid Icarus - Likely, considering she's important to the series and Sakurai bias.
- Hades - Kid Icarus - Unlikely compared to Medusa.
- Porky - Mother/Earthbound - Unlikely, Mother is finished as a franchise (sad I know) and Porky is very wide.
- Giygas - Mother/Earthbound - Geigue, the feasible form of Giygas in Smash probably won't get in. Unlikely.
- Masked Man - Mother 3 - Possible
- King Hippo - Punch-Out!! - Punch Out!! really only needs Little Mac. Unlikely.
- Meowth - Pokémon - Was considered for Smash so likely against the rest of the 716 Pokemon.
- Dr. Eggman - Sonic - Unlikely, if anyone I'd think it be Tails or Shadow.
- Dr. Wily - Mega Man - Unlikely, if anyone I'd think it be Protoman or Zero.
Panther Caruso - same reason as Leon unlikely.
Plasm Wraith - Unlikely. One time enemy.
Wart - One time villain. Unlikely.
My thoughts exactly, basically...

Though as for Fawful, he already "died" in Super Star Saga as well, so that won't stop him from coming back. And since he is so popular, I'd be shocked if he didn't come back later. Plus he could -possibly- come back outside of the Mario spinoffs... maybe...

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
What I cannot stand competitively is the spamming going on. You can be walling your opponent but once they start spamming certain moves they turn it around, it doesn't matter what awesome reads you do, they still get you. Now you could contribute that to the player just being bad and not reading properly but come on.

Also...
View attachment 53253
I love this so far! Can't wait! Kaptain K. Rool render!

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572

-Ness
-Ice Climbers
-Lucas
-Robin
-Lucina
-Shulk
-Duck Hunt
-Dark Pit
-Greninja (kinda)

Even though Sheik has Hyrule Warriors now, I think Sheik is worth mentioning on account of the fact that he was playable in Melee, back when Sheiks only relevance was OoT. Same for Brawl.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Even though Sheik has Hyrule Warriors now, I think Sheik is worth mentioning on account of the fact that he was playable in Melee, back when Sheiks only relevance was OoT. Same for Brawl.
To be fair, Sheik was at least PLANNED for Twilight Princess and it was from the concept of that model that her Brawl/Smash4 design comes from.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
To be fair, Sheik was at least PLANNED for Twilight Princess and it was from the concept of that model that her Brawl/Smash4 design comes from.
Actually not true! Sakurai told us a lie there, considering the Hyrule Historia entry on Sheik directly contradicts this, and says that in fact, the model for Sheik in Brawl was created from scratch and not from pre-existing concept art.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If/when K. Rool becomes playable, Im compromised to make a combo/highlight video of him. And would probably use some cartoon songs for it. Probably "No one is gonna make a Monkey outta me".
Besides that, I'm feeling like I have not much left to discuss about K. Rool. Hopefully I will make one last fanart to keep some hype alive from here until October.

I almost wish Nintendo decided to move one with Ballot winners and announce K. Rool already this E3...

..."K. Rool won the first position in the Smash ballot. But you can still keep voting until October to see who else joins the battle!"...

Or maybe some K. Rool reappearance in an E3 announced game will help me get my Rool back on: DKCR3, Mario Sluggers 2, Mario Strikers Recharged, Mario Kart 8 DK DLC pack, Diddy Kong Racing 2. Even "Kooking Mama Rool" would help.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If/when K. Rool becomes playable, Im compromised to make a combo/highlight video of him. And would probably use some cartoon songs for it. Probably "No one is gonna make a Monkey outta me".
Besides that, I'm feeling like I have not much left to discuss about K. Rool. Hopefully I will make one last fanart to keep some hype alive from here until October.

I almost wish Nintendo decided to move one with Ballot winners and announce K. Rool already this E3...

..."K. Rool won the first position in the Smash ballot. But you can still keep voting until October to see who else joins the battle!"...

Or maybe some K. Rool reappearance in an E3 announced game will help me get my Rool back on: DKCR3, Mario Sluggers 2, Mario Strikers Recharged, Mario Kart 8 DK DLC pack, Diddy Kong Racing 2. Even "Kooking Mama Rool" would help.
Kooking Mama Rool for Smash.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
... what is this thread even about anymore?
It's about the GREATEST Nintendo villain and second best character to Yoshi :D!!!

So. What persona would you all like to see K. Rool comeback with?

Personally I'd love to see him do what he did in DK64 where he appears throughout the game as King K. Rool but in his boss battle takes on a persona. It would be awesome if he was a Samurai...you figure they did pirate, mad scientist, boxer, and Lord Fredrik pulled the Viking motif. A samurai would be cool, he could use a hand cannon and a big Katana. Another cool one would be a game Hunter he could be dressed in atire similar to Krokodile Dundee, it's like he's hunting the Kongs

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's about the GREATEST Nintendo villain and second best character to Yoshi :D!!!

So. What persona would you all like to see K. Rool comeback with?

Personally I'd love to see him do what he did in DK64 where he appears throughout the game as King K. Rool but in his boss battle takes on a persona. It would be awesome if he was a Samurai...you figure they did pirate, mad scientist, boxer, and Lord Fredrik pulled the Viking motif. A samurai would be cool, he could use a hand cannon and a big Kitanna. Another cool one would be a game Hunter he could be dressed in atire similar to Krokodile Dundee, it's like he's hunting the Kongs
You botched the spelling of Katana so bad mate. Goroh and Takamaru are literally facepalming.

Top Bottom