• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Will Prevail and All That Stuff." - Vote Rundas for DLC!

Should Rundas be in the game

• Of course! (The smart option)

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • Hell no! (What is wrong with you?!)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I somehow doubt Sakurai would come up with idea of DLC characters and not go the last mile and complete them. Do you really think he'd have a whole group of characters that don't have customs unlike the other 52?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Until it's verified that Mewtwo gets customs in the future, anything related to them DLC-wise wouldn't have much of a point discussing, imo.
Oh. Mewtwo "does" have customs actually :p. They're just inaccessible/unfinished. When you try to hack them it it produces some glitchy and whacky results lol

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I somehow doubt Sakurai would come up with idea of DLC characters and not go the last mile and complete them. Do you really think he'd have a whole group of characters that don't have customs unlike the other 52?
Oh. Mewtwo "does" have customs actually :p. They're just inaccessible/unfinished. When you try to hack them it it produces some glitchy and whacky results lol
Which is why I said that until it was confirmed. I do believe that customs will appear after Mewtwo "officially" releases in 7 days.

Until then, though, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Heh. I've always thought Rundas would be a cool addition, even if he's a longshot. Count me in.

"Phazon exposure has greatly enhanced Rundas and his ability to generate ice, making him deadly at any range. His durable ice armor has one weak point--the neck. Serious physical stress can weaken and remove it, exposing Rundas to attack. This weak point cannot be seized as long as Rundas is active. He can create frozen objects at will, and can freeze Missiles in midflight. Smaller ice-based projectiles can be shot down, but it is recommended to evaded larger attacks. Be advised: Rundas can trigger a Hypermode state, elevating his threat level to match your own."
Counter / Deflector?
That seems more like a passive effect he could gain from a Hypermode Final Smash. Any physical projectiles that get too close would freeze on the spot and be destroyed.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
That seems more like a passive effect he could gain from a Hypermode Final Smash. Any physical projectiles that get too close would freeze on the spot and be destroyed.
I could see this.

I really wanna see him throw that giant ice pillar that he swung around and tossed in the Prime 3 boss fight as his Final Smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Heh. I've always thought Rundas would be a cool addition, even if he's a longshot. Count me in.
Me and you are gonna get along just fine...
I don't really think Rundas is a long shot. Especially if that rule about Assist Trophies and stage bosses not being viable. Cause with Dark Samus, Ridley, and Mother Brain out of the way, Rundas is the only one left.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Me and you are gonna get along just fine...
I don't really think Rundas is a long shot. Especially if that rule about Assist Trophies and stage bosses not being viable. Cause with Dark Samus, Ridley, and Mother Brain out of the way, Rundas is the only one left.
*signature intensifies*

Not that I'm trying to compete, since I enjoy any possible Metroid rep as DLC, but both are equally viable.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That much is true.

But one cannot deny that both are popular one shots suggested for Smash since Brawl, yet were both overshadowed by characters that now have established roles.

I admittedly prefer Rundas in the sense that he'd bring back that element of ice fighting, but I already have my own concept established for Sylux, so meh, I find it easier to want both. :)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Rundas. If nothing else for the fact that his fan following is larger. He would just all-around more interesting fighter. I feel like Samus and Sylux would have the same style. Shoot, shoot, and shoot more. Plus, Rundas actually comes from a good game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't you hate on Hunters, boi, that was a good game and we still have the debatable Delano 7 cameo from the 100% completion in Corruption

That is also true. All things considered, Rundas has the better chances on popularity alone, but like I said, that doesn't matter to me so long as Metroid receives any sort of rep.

Anyway, just to deviate from the subject and get back on track, I'll write up something for the OP tomorrow, just so it looks better. :)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Are you saying it doesn't look good already? :sadeyes:
Nah, I'm just yankin ya. Thanks in advance for the contribution.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well I have produced my next campaign card.. and this one is for Rundas! Custom made for this thread, and for Rundas supporters! :p

Last edited:

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Yes! Definitely. Metroid needs another entrant that is not Samus. I loved his role in Prime 3.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Rundas. If nothing else for the fact that his fan following is larger. He would just all-around more interesting fighter. I feel like Samus and Sylux would have the same style. Shoot, shoot, and shoot more. Plus, Rundas actually comes from a good game.
Hunters had way better netplay than Prime 3. Cause you know, it had netplay.

Also, I'd say Hunters had better multiplayer. Cause it had multiplayer.

And Weavel has a better fighting style than both of them.

Ah well, Rundas, Sylux, and Weavel for Smash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hunters had way better netplay than Prime 3. Cause you know, it had netplay.

Also, I'd say Hunters had better multiplayer. Cause it had multiplayer.

And Weavel has a better fighting style than both of them.

Ah well, Rundas, Sylux, and Weavel for Smash.
And Corruption had good controls and original music.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, come on, let's not argue about a trivial aspect. Both are good games in their own right, with a suitable rep for Smash.

Anyway, my little contribution will be delayed, a few things have come up.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Guys, come on, let's not argue about a trivial aspect. Both are good games in their own right, with a suitable rep for Smash.

Anyway, my little contribution will be delayed, a few things have come up.
It's not really an argument, if you look at it factually. Would I be safe in assuming that more people have played and/or liked Corruption than Prime Hunters? I think I would. I'd also be safe in assuming that Rundas is more popular than Sylux. I'd be correct yet again in saying that Corruption is criminally underrepped in Smash. I'm just saying that Rundas would make a substantially better choice for a newcomer. That's all. Feel me?
Anyway, take your time. We don't want it rushed. Last time something I wanted got rushed, I got Sonic Boom. I've learned patience.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Finals work happened, my apologies.

Though rest assured I'm working on it.
You have finals already? I don't have mine for a good 2 more weeks. But take your time. Just making sure you didn't forget about it or anything.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well this was long overdue.

Feel free to integrate this into the OP however you want/can.

What can Rundas bring to Smash Bros?

With the removal of the Ice Climbers, Rundas can fill the gap they left as a more fleshed out ice-type fighter, as it is his signature element. Rundas could logically be conceived as a projectile based character with high mobility and a decent close range game, not unlike Cole McGrath from PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale or Killer Frost from Injustice: Gods Among Us, both of whom have ice-based powers.

Why pick Rundas out of all the other Metroid characters?

Metroid's list of possible Smash characters is pretty limited in comparison to other franchises, since most are either just as unknown or occupy a different role entirely. The other two Hunters from Corruption, Ghor and Gandrayda, are in a much lower position than Rundas; Ghor would be difficult to adapt due to his distinct firing style and size(when in his mecha), and Gandrayda's gimmick of copying other life forms would be difficult to work into Smash; this is also a reason why the Pokemon Ditto was scrapped from Super Smash Bros. Melee as a Pokeball summon, further making a point as to why it would be complicated.

The two most popular requests from Metroid, Dark Samus and Ridley, already occupy a position in Smash 3DS/U as an Assist Trophy and a stage hazard, respectively, not to mention that Sakurai has explicitly said that changing Ridley's size would be a detriment to his character, but the arguments against and in favor of this claim will not be discussed here. Bottom line, both are impossible.

Anthony Higgs and Adam from Other M could work with a Solid Snake-inspired moveset, but the general derision towards Other M coupled with the infamy both characters have make them subpar choices.

Lastly, the six Hunters from the Nintendo DS game of the same name, Metroid Prime: Hunters. These characters are generally unknown to the general audience, with one exception: Sylux. Another popular one shot, Sylux is Rundas' only real competition Metroid-wise. While Rundas has the advantage of a bigger role in his game and more popularity, Sylux has far easier moveset potential due to the source material and a hinted cameo at the end of Corruption to boost it's popularity. Either way, Rundas remains the more likely choice.

How, precisely, would Rundas differ from Samus as a fighter? He wouldn't be a clone, right?

In many ways, actually. Rundas would bring diversity to the Metroid characters in Smash as a non-human, and instead of weapons like Power Beams and missiles, relies on ice powers to move around and attack. Rundas' imposing figure without armor(which he doesn't wear anyway apart from the PED Armor in Corruption) would also differentiate him from Zero Suit Samus. All of these points also tie in to Rundas not being a clone of either Samus, being much more of a distinguished character, unlike other humans present in Metroid games.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well this was long overdue.

Feel free to integrate this into the OP however you want/can.

What can Rundas bring to Smash Bros?

With the removal of the Ice Climbers, Rundas can fill the gap they left as a more fleshed out ice-type fighter, as it is his signature element. Rundas could logically be conceived as a projectile based character with high mobility and a decent close range game, not unlike Cole McGrath from PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale or Killer Frost from Injustice: Gods Among Us, both of whom have ice-based powers.

Why pick Rundas out of all the other Metroid characters?

Metroid's list of possible Smash characters is pretty limited in comparison to other franchises, since most are either just as unknown or occupy a different role entirely. The other two Hunters from Corruption, Ghor and Gandrayda, are in a much lower position than Rundas; Ghor would be difficult to adapt due to his distinct firing style and size(when in his mecha), and Gandrayda's gimmick of copying other life forms would be difficult to work into Smash; this is also a reason why the Pokemon Ditto was scrapped from Super Smash Bros. Melee as a Pokeball summon, further making a point as to why it would be complicated.

The two most popular requests from Metroid, Dark Samus and Ridley, already occupy a position in Smash 3DS/U as an Assist Trophy and a stage hazard, respectively, not to mention that Sakurai has explicitly said that changing Ridley's size would be a detriment to his character, but the arguments against and in favor of this claim will not be discussed here. Bottom line, both are impossible.

Anthony Higgs and Adam from Other M could work with a Solid Snake-inspired moveset, but the general derision towards Other M coupled with the infamy both characters have make them subpar choices.

Lastly, the six Hunters from the Nintendo DS game of the same name, Metroid Prime: Hunters. These characters are generally unknown to the general audience, with one exception: Sylux. Another popular one shot, Sylux is Rundas' only real competition Metroid-wise. While Rundas has the advantage of a bigger role in his game and more popularity, Sylux has far easier moveset potential due to the source material and a hinted cameo at the end of Corruption to boost it's popularity. Either way, Rundas remains the more likely choice.

How, precisely, would Rundas differ from Samus as a fighter? He wouldn't be a clone, right?

In many ways, actually. Rundas would bring diversity to the Metroid characters in Smash as a non-human, and instead of weapons like Power Beams and missiles, relies on ice powers to move around and attack. Rundas' imposing figure without armor(which he doesn't wear anyway apart from the PED Armor in Corruption) would also differentiate him from Zero Suit Samus. All of these points also tie in to Rundas not being a clone of either Samus, being much more of a distinguished character, unlike other humans present in Metroid games.
You're not authorized to write this, sorry. Nah, I'm kidding. Great writing, it was well worth the wait. I'll add it ASAP.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wouldn't mind seeing Rundas in Super Smash Bros. I do enjoy Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, and out of the other three hunters in said game, Rundas in Smash makes the most sense.

I sometimes think of this joke conspiracy theory that maybe the Random Character option should be replaced by Gandrayda sometime.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I wouldn't mind seeing Rundas in Super Smash Bros. I do enjoy Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, and out of the other three hunters in said game, Rundas in Smash makes the most sense.

I sometimes think of this joke conspiracy theory that maybe the Random Character option should be replaced by Gandrayda sometime.
I've seen more Ditto than Gandrayda, but both work.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Or Mimi. I wonder how many people are going to get that.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
YAY, SOCIAL ACTIVITY! I thought this thread had kicked the bucket. And yes, you're right, it is from SPM. One of my favorite games of all time.
Heh, don't worry :p

A lot of the support threads are slowing down lately. I guess it's due to the long haul till E3, and later on the ballot. :/

We have a LOOOOOOONG way to go until the latter, that is for sure..

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Heh, don't worry :p

A lot of the support threads are slowing down lately. I guess it's due to the long haul till E3, and later on the ballot. :/

We have a LOOOOOOONG way to go until the latter, that is for sure..
I can only hope you're right.

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
YAY, SOCIAL ACTIVITY! I thought this thread had kicked the bucket. And yes, you're right, it is from SPM. One of my favorite games of all time.
And then this thread goes quiet because I forget I even posted this due to end of the college year shenanigans. :ohwell: I think it will pick up with the ballot coming to an end. Maybe E3 will have revive these topics. I think E3 for Nintendo will actually be really good. I've had high hopes for Metroid in the past few years, but I really think it will happen this time. The Prime Trilogy on the Wii U E-Shop, 30th anniversary is coming up, and just general demand. Rundas would be a great way to start off the grand return of Samus Aran.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Killing Rundas was one of the biggest mistakes Nintendo could've made. He would've made such an interesting character, and maybe even a constant ally.
And then this thread goes quiet because I forget I even posted this due to end of the college year shenanigans. :ohwell: I think it will pick up with the ballot coming to an end. Maybe E3 will have revive these topics. I think E3 for Nintendo will actually be really good. I've had high hopes for Metroid in the past few years, but I really think it will happen this time. The Prime Trilogy on the Wii U E-Shop, 30th anniversary is coming up, and just general demand. Rundas would be a great way to start off the grand return of Samus Aran.
They haven't had a bad E3 yet, I doubt they'll start now, especially since everything has so much promise. Announcing Rundas would be a great treat to Metroid fans.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Killing Rundas was one of the biggest mistakes Nintendo could've made. He would've made such an interesting character, and maybe even a constant ally.

They haven't had a bad E3 yet, I doubt they'll start now, especially since everything has so much promise. Announcing Rundas would be a great treat to Metroid fans.
I hate how Metroid in general has a rather unfair tendency to kill off everyone Samus loves and cares about.
I just really hope that, if this franchise bounces back with the new games, they learn the lesson of, you know, not killing off interesting characters after their only appearance.

It's like if, when Justice League Unlimited started introducing new members of the league, the character was killed off at the end of the episode

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390

It was a shame he did have to die. He had so much potential for an ally/actual friend for Samus. She hardly has anyone that qualifies as one.

Just for me personally, Nintendo's E3 have been lacking (mainly due to no Metroid) which is stupid because E3 was good last year. And Nintendo overall is getting back in their groove. The Wii U is picking up sales, Splatoon is apparently doing well and is a great game. (Which I wish I had a Wii U for) I feel that E3 for Nintendo this year is gonna be one of the best, especially with the Nintendo World Championships.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I hate how Metroid in general has a rather unfair tendency to kill off everyone Samus loves and cares about.
I just really hope that, if this franchise bounces back with the new games, they learn the lesson of, you know, not killing off interesting characters after their only appearance.

It's like if, when Justice League Unlimited started introducing new members of the league, the character was killed off at the end of the episode
Then again usually everything Samus tends to come into contact with ends up, comically, blowing to smithereens..

Lets see. She has caused the destruction of THREE entire planets. (Zebes, Phaaze, and SR388)
DESTROYED AN ENTIRE DIMENSION (Dark Aether)
And not to mention is prone to blowing up Space Pirate stuff... lol XD

So generally anything she touches down on is likely to blow up. (Doesn't bode well for Dk's world, since her ship is seen in DK Tropical Freeze... XD)

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Then again usually everything Samus tends to come into contact with ends up, comically, blowing to smithereens..

Lets see. She has caused the destruction of THREE entire planets. (Zebes, Phaaze, and SR388)

So generally anything she touches down on is likely to blow up. (Doesn't bode well for Dk's world, since her ship is seen in DK Tropical Freeze... XD)
Fair point XD

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390

R.I.P. Donkey Kong.

WanderingChozo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6099-0390
Well the ballot is coming down to the last few months. No matter what happens I'll probably be satisfied with whatever character we get, but I'm hoping it happens. I wanna see some ice break apart and the tagline "Rundas Breaks the Ice" It would be so perfect. A perfect opportunity for an ice pun.

Top Bottom