• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Justice Always Triumphs." - Ryu Hayabusa for Smash Switch! (Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Did anybody else notice the lineup of N64 games coming to Nintendo Switch Online?

Out of the 9 games, 8 of them are 1st party Nintendo games and the other is...WinBack of all things. A comparatively obscure third-person shooter developed by Koei. Like I understand having Ninja Gaiden as it was one of the most iconic NES games, but WinBack is such an interesting choice for the N64.

Just another instance of Koei Tecmo working closely with Nintendo...perhaps we'll see another KT/Nintendo cross-promotion on Oct. 5...

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Did anybody else notice the lineup of N64 games coming to Nintendo Switch Online?

Out of the 9 games, 8 of them are 1st party Nintendo games and the other is...WinBack of all things. A comparatively obscure third-person shooter developed by Koei. Like I understand having Ninja Gaiden as it was one of the most iconic NES games, but WinBack is such an interesting choice for the N64.

Just another instance of Koei Tecmo working closely with Nintendo...perhaps we'll see another KT/Nintendo cross-promotion on Oct. 5...
Interesting! I didn't even notice that.

That's definitely due to Nintendo working closely with Koei Tecmo. Things seems to be working so smoothly between the two that the lack of a Koei Tecmo character in Smash is all the more glaring.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
Things seems to be working so smoothly between the two that the lack of a Koei Tecmo character in Smash is all the more glaring.
Wonder who's fault that is, Nintendo's or Koei Tecmo's?

Last edited:

TraaP

Smash Cadet
To me Ryu Hayabusa is the most likely candidate for the final character, just above a gen 8 Pokemon. He feels like the only realistic character left - I predicted Steve, Sephiroth & a XC2 rep, including release order.
I’m personally indifferent on Ryu’s inclusion but if he has a fun moveset and good music then I’ll be satisfied.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Wonder who's fault that is, Nintendo's or Koei Tecmo's?
We'll have to wait and see first. I can picture Hayabusa being the last character as a way to throw off people's expectations of him, as the Master Collection drew a lot of talk about him being in Smash.

If not...then they BOTH need to explain themselves.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
We'll have to wait and see first. I can picture Hayabusa being the last character as a way to throw off people's expectations of him, as the Master Collection drew a lot of talk about him being in Smash.

If not...then they BOTH need to explain themselves.
Least we can both agree on that.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Least we can both agree on that.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Koei Tecmo has had some talks with Nintendo about adding one of their characters in the game and I can't picture it being a problem. So if it doesn't happen, then something must have caused it to not happen.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
'Sup guys? Been a while. I'm just coming on here to share my thoughts on what the Nintendo Direct revealed yesterday. I'm ecstatic about Nintendo 64 and Sega Genesis games finally coming to Switch Online! Sega Genesis was a pleasant surprise as I was not expecting that system to come to Switch, and the N64 lineup so far consists of most of my favorites as a kid, so that's exciting! Metroid Dread, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 and Kirby and the Forgotten Land all look really cool, interesting and fun from the trailers shown of them. All in all I thought it was a solid Direct just from those reveals alone.

Which of course brings me to the Smash info. In 11 days we'll finally reach the end of Smash Ultimate, and while I'm excited, I'm also ready for this crazy ride to finally end. Here's hoping that we FINALLY get our boy for the final spot. Lord knows I've been expecting him since Challenger Pack 4, and it would be nice to finally, finally, FINALLY, see it happen here at the end.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I got a question about the M rating issue; what if the character with that same appearance has appeared in a non-M rated game?

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I got a question about the M rating issue; what if the character with that same appearance has appeared in a non-M rated game?
Pretty sure if Hayabusa gets in, it's going to be by his merits as a Ninja Gaiden character. And while his reboot series is Rated M, and we haven't had an M-Rated series get a character since Joker, I don't think that's a nail in the coffin for his chances. I can think of 4 reasons:

1) They could always use his retro design for the character, while avoiding any modern Ninja Gaiden references. Though this wouldn't be ideal for me honestly since I prefer the modern version of Hayabusa to be the default, with his retro version being an alt. and his moveset drawing mainly from the newer trilogy.

2) If the logo is the problem, than they could just use the NES Ninja Gaiden logo in the Smash Ultimate X part for Ryu's reveal.

3) Even if they can't do option 2, then like the European Smash site did for Kazuya, they can just do Smash Ultimate X Ryu Hayabusa. It's not ideal, but we've seen with Kazuya that that option can be done (Maybe because Tekken is rated PEGI 16 in Europe?).

4) If all of that is a problem for a "Sakurai Presents" presentation, then all they have to do is up the video's rating from E+10-T, like the presentations for Sephiroth, Pyra & Mythra, and Kazuya have been, to E+10-M. That way it shouldn't be much of a problem and younger fans will know what to expect when watching it. Because not only will the Ninja Gaiden logo be able to be shown in this scenario, so too could Sakurai show game footage of the modern games if he goes over who Ryu is and what he and his series is about, which I have no doubt he would considering past presentations.

Even with all of this said, we still don't know for certain that an M-Rated character can no longer make it into Smash Ultimate, just because the Mii costumes for Ezio, Vault Boy, Travis, Dragonborn and Dante had their respective game logos censored. It may have been simply because of changes in the ESRB's rating policies, and the ratings for the Byleth, Min Min, Steve and Kazuya presentations not being high enough to allow the logos for Assassin's Creed, Fallout, No More Heroes, Skyrim and Devil May Cry to be shown.

I just don't think it's as big of an issue as people think. Plus, it hasn't stopped people from supporting guys like Master Chief, Doom Guy, Nahobino or Dante before he got Mii'd.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I guess that even if that character has a solid amount of E/T-rated games, just a bit of content from an M-rated game which he comes from is enough for him to come with an age rating warning. Assuming of course that Nintendo is still ok with adding M-rated characters in Smash. I don’t see any reason for them to shy awat from M-rated characters tho. They still have Snake, Simon, Bayonetta and the most recent one who is Joker in the roster.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Koei Tecmo has had some talks with Nintendo about adding one of their characters in the game and I can't picture it being a problem. So if it doesn't happen, then something must have caused it to not happen.
I was always kinda scared that the problem would be that characters from NINJA GAIDEN and DEAD OR ALIVE would be too “revealing” for Smash Bros but given that we have WAY more revealing characters too begin with I doubt that this should be an issue, and also the fact that Yuri Kozukata is here and her game is LITERALLY about Horror and Sexiness, and the fact that it runs on the DEAD OR ALIVE 5 engine, so now I’m just wondering what the hold up is on KOEI TECMO getting a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Attachments

Last edited:

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I’m just wondering what the hold up is on KOEI TECMO getting a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
It's Koei Tecmo, you know, the company that puts fan service above all in Dead or Alive and sold ~$1000 worth of DLC for their last two games each. I know this is a problem with DOA and not Ninja Gaiden but because of the former, I don't think they would be above making huge demands especially in a video game collaboration as big as Smash. Which is why I think they didn't even bother having any Spirit Events for any of their games that released on Switch within the past 2 years like Atelier Ryza, Ryza 2, any of the other Atelier re-releases, and Samurai Warriors 5. Hell, there aren't even any content from the first Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors (they have original characters they could've used as spirits or original remixes for music) which makes it all the more weirder that we now have spirits from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity AND Persona 5 Strikers. While I think we dodged a bullet that the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection didn't get a Spirit Event yet, even that isn't surefire because a game like Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin got a Spirit Event EIGHT months after it released on Switch.

Personally, these are my reasons and opinions for why I think Koei Tecmo doesn't have a playable fighter yet and most likely will not in the end so feel free to disagree if you will. Don't get me wrong, I want Ryu Hayabusa as much as the next guy here and he's my Most Wanted (and only for that matter) but I'm more of a realist than an optimist and this will just extremely temper my expectations especially after that Fumihiko "still waiting for an invitation" Yasuda fiasco earlier this year.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
The reason I ask is because DOA Dimensions was Rated T (I think) and Hayabusa appeared in that game in his modern look.

Pretty sure if Hayabusa gets in, it's going to be by his merits as a Ninja Gaiden character. And while his reboot series is Rated M, and we haven't had an M-Rated series get a character since Joker, I don't think that's a nail in the coffin for his chances. I can think of 4 reasons:

1) They could always use his retro design for the character, while avoiding any modern Ninja Gaiden references. Though this wouldn't be ideal for me honestly since I prefer the modern version of Hayabusa to be the default, with his retro version being an alt. and his moveset drawing mainly from the newer trilogy.

2) If the logo is the problem, than they could just use the NES Ninja Gaiden logo in the Smash Ultimate X part for Ryu's reveal.

3) Even if they can't do option 2, then like the European Smash site did for Kazuya, they can just do Smash Ultimate X Ryu Hayabusa. It's not ideal, but we've seen with Kazuya that that option can be done (Maybe because Tekken is rated PEGI 16 in Europe?).

4) If all of that is a problem for a "Sakurai Presents" presentation, then all they have to do is up the video's rating from E+10-T, like the presentations for Sephiroth, Pyra & Mythra, and Kazuya have been, to E+10-M. That way it shouldn't be much of a problem and younger fans will know what to expect when watching it. Because not only will the Ninja Gaiden logo be able to be shown in this scenario, so too could Sakurai show game footage of the modern games if he goes over who Ryu is and what he and his series is about, which I have no doubt he would considering past presentations.

Even with all of this said, we still don't know for certain that an M-Rated character can no longer make it into Smash Ultimate, just because the Mii costumes for Ezio, Vault Boy, Travis, Dragonborn and Dante had their respective game logos censored. It may have been simply because of changes in the ESRB's rating policies, and the ratings for the Byleth, Min Min, Steve and Kazuya presentations not being high enough to allow the logos for Assassin's Creed, Fallout, No More Heroes, Skyrim and Devil May Cry to be shown.

I just don't think it's as big of an issue as people think. Plus, it hasn't stopped people from supporting guys like Master Chief, Doom Guy, Nahobino or Dante before he got Mii'd.
I can definitely picture them using the NES Ninja Gaiden logo.

But yeah, some people are just certain that an M-Rated character can't get in. I keep trying to see where this was confirmed but it seems like it's all just speculation.

I guess that even if that character has a solid amount of E/T-rated games, just a bit of content from an M-rated game which he comes from is enough for him to come with an age rating warning. Assuming of course that Nintendo is still ok with adding M-rated characters in Smash. I don’t see any reason for them to shy awat from M-rated characters tho. They still have Snake, Simon, Bayonetta and the most recent one who is Joker in the roster.
Hopefully, they won't have a problem if it's a character like Hayabusa.

It's Koei Tecmo, you know, the company that puts fan service above all in Dead or Alive and sold ~$1000 worth of DLC for their last two games each. I know this is a problem with DOA and not Ninja Gaiden but because of the former, I don't think they would be above making huge demands especially in a video game collaboration as big as Smash. Which is why I think they didn't even bother having any Spirit Events for any of their games that released on Switch within the past 2 years like Atelier Ryza, Ryza 2, any of the other Atelier re-releases, and Samurai Warriors 5. Hell, there aren't even any content from the first Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors (they have original characters they could've used as spirits or original remixes for music) which makes it all the more weirder that we now have spirits from Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity AND Persona 5 Strikers. While I think we dodged a bullet that the Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection didn't get a Spirit Event yet, even that isn't surefire because a game like Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin got a Spirit Event EIGHT months after it released on Switch.

Personally, these are my reasons and opinions for why I think Koei Tecmo doesn't have a playable fighter yet and most likely will not in the end so feel free to disagree if you will. Don't get me wrong, I want Ryu Hayabusa as much as the next guy here and he's my Most Wanted (and only for that matter) but I'm more of a realist than an optimist and this will just extremely temper my expectations especially after that Fumihiko "still waiting for an invitation" Yasuda fiasco earlier this year.
I think the Sakuna spirit event might just be an exception. I don't think Nintendo ever marketed the game enough when it came out and it's not really a big name game compared to No More Heroes, a more well-known series from the same company that was promoted the Switch.

It'd just be so strange that Koei Tecmo would ruin their opportunity to bring more attention to the Ninja Gaiden series, something that Hayabusa being in Smash would certainly do. Plus, they have a collaboration history with so many different companies. That's why I just doubt that there would be an issue with getting their content in Smash.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I am hard at work for this last smash bros animatic in hype of the presentation next week and I wanted to ask any of you if you want to voice act Ryu Hayabusa. The role is currently open until the end of the day so reply to me if you are interested.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
At this point, Hayabusa probably has a better chance of being the last fighter than most, if not all, of the most-wanted western characters. Though that Yasuda interview is still the biggest thing going against his chances, I will admit... hell, I don't even know who to guess at for next week.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It would be quite poetic for Hayabusa to have remained through all of Smash Speculation, get disconfirmed near the end, and then end up being the final character. It seems unlikely but man it would be a suitable end to such a wild ride.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Well guys, we're only about 5 days away from finding out who the last fighter is, and I've decided to make my final predictions on who I think it might be, as well as share my thoughts on my most-wanted characters who I DON'T think it'll be.

First things first! I don't believe it'll be Sora like everyone seems to be setting up for. I watched the leak discussion video that Papagenos recently uploaded, and it sounded just like every other "leak" that people have made for the past year that either guessed lucky on some aspect of the leak, or it got traction due to massive coincidences just happening to line up with things revealed before eventually the whole things got canned. If Fighter Pass 2 was finalized way back in November 2019, then why would Nintendo wait until July 2021 to request music for Kingdom Hearts for a potential Kingdom Hearts character? Why would that deal not have already been finalized with the characters 2 years ago? This "leak" just sounds bogus and it likely got insanely lucky with the October 5th direct date reveal, just like a bunch of "leaks" got lucky in guessing the date for the Sept. 23rd, 2021 Nintendo Direct, while what they predicted in them wound up not happening. This just sucks, because I would LOVE for Sora to be the last character, but I've come to terms on the high chances of that not happening years ago...

Obviously, I'm not counting characters I like that have received Mii Costumes or Spirit Events, so Shantae is out of the question 😟

I'm convinced that it will not be a Gen 8 Pokemon character since Pokemon Sword/Shield already had a spirit event a couple years ago. In fact the ONLY Pokemon I can see the final character being is Decidueye, because he was considered by Sakurai for base game alongside Incineroar before he settled on the latter. Side note, he's also the only Pokemon I'd be 100% fine with since he'd probably have a cool moveset. That said, I don't think it'll be another Nintendo character either way. Granted, I've got no proof of that and it is just a hunch that I'm feeling since the Nintendo side of Smash Ultimate feels pretty much complete at the moment.

Considering the pattern for western characters being mostly relegated to Mii costumes, and the fact that very few of them are fighters (Banjo and Steve) or have even been considered for Ultimate, then I think it's safe to rule out the final character being from a western developer besides Microsoft. Which stings to admit as a Crash Bandicoot fan, but it's not like Nintendo and Activision have that strong of a relationship. They only really work together for Crash and Spyro, and very little else besides them, and that's it. Ubisoft works well with Nintendo, but I doubt Rayman is going to get the last spot due to the poor sales of that series in Japan, and while Microsoft could get a 3rd character, I doubt it. Mainly because we only got Banjo because Phil Spencer was willing to let him join Smash, and Steve came after 5 years of negotiations.

Which finally brings me to the most likely candidates for the final character spot: Third-Party Japanese characters. Sakurai has said that it's easier to work with the Japanese companies since there's not language barrier there, so odds are better that the final character is gonna be from a Japanese studio. Sega, Square Enix, Capcom and Konami all have 3 characters, while Microsoft and Bandai Namco each has 2 characters, currently in Ultimate. SNK is likely not getting anything else, considering Terry came with content representing that whole company. And while I could see us getting a 3rd Namco character, or even a 2nd Atlus character (even if that'll technically be 4 Sega characters total in Ultimate), there's two 3rd Party Japanese gaming companies that I think have a better chance at getting a character amongst the ones that haven't gotten one yet: Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works. The former is an established company with a strong relationship and history with Nintendo, and the other spent years being relatively small and niche before establishing themselves more recently as a respected studio here in the current day, and both already have minor content in Smash in the form of spirits and one Assist Trophy. I also feel like each company only has one character that are recognized/respected enough to become a fighter too: Ryu Hayabusa and Sol Badguy!

These 2 characters are my final picks for the last character. Obviously I can't have both, but I can't decide who I want more between Hayabusa and Sol now. Ninja Gaiden has the history with Nintendo, and Guilty Gear has a fighting game connection that could fit well alongside Street Fighter, Tekken and King of Fighters in Smash, and both Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works I think have earned fighters. It doesn't look like Marvelous is going to get anything after Travis Touchdown got a spirit and Mii costume. So hopefully, Koei Tecmo and Arc Sys have a potential shot now.

So with all that said, characters I like that I DON'T think are happening include: Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, Yuri Lowell, Breath of the Wild Zelda, Decidueye, Spyro the Dragon, Master Chief and Amaterasu.

And my final predictions for the final character: Ryu Hayabusa or Sol Badguy.

Pretty sure I'll be wrong in the end, but this was still fun to make 😋 Here's hoping!

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, we're only about 5 days away from finding out who the last fighter is, and I've decided to make my final predictions on who I think it might be, as well as share my thoughts on my most-wanted characters who I DON'T think it'll be.

First things first! I don't believe it'll be Sora like everyone seems to be setting up for. I watched the leak discussion video that Papagenos recently uploaded, and it sounded just like every other "leak" that people have made for the past year that either they guessed lucky on or got traction due to massive coincidences just happening to line up with them before eventually getting canned. If Fighter Pass 2 was finalized way back in November 2019, then why would Nintendo wait until July 2021 to request music for Kingdom Hearts for a potential Kingdom Hearts character? Why would that deal not have already been finalized with the characters 2 years ago? This "leak" just sounds bogus and it likely got insanely lucky with the October 5th direct date reveal, just like a bunch of "leaks" got lucky in guessing the date for the Sept. 23rd, 2021 Nintendo Direct, while what they predicted in them wound up not happening. This just sucks, because I would LOVE for Sora to be the last character, but I've come to terms on the high chances of that not happening years ago...

Obviously, I'm not counting characters I like that have received Mii Costumes or Spirit Events, so Shantae is out of the question 😟

I'm convinced that it will not be a Gen 8 Pokemon character since Pokemon Sword/Shield already had a spirit event a couple years ago. In fact the ONLY Pokemon I can see the final character being is Decidueye, because he was considered by Sakurai for base game alongside Incineroar before he settled on the latter. Side note, he's also the only Pokemon I'd be 100% fine with since he'd probably have a cool moveset. That said, I don't think it'll be another Nintendo character either way. Granted, I've got no proof of that and it is just a hunch that I'm feeling since the Nintendo side of Smash Ultimate feels pretty much complete up till now.

Considering the pattern for western characters being mostly relegated to Mii costumes, and the fact that very few of them are fighters (Banjo and Steve) or have even been considered for Ultimate, then I think it's safe to rule out the final character being from a western developer besides Microsoft. Which stings to admit as a Crash Bandicoot fan, but it's not like Nintendo and Activision have that strong of a relationship. They only really work together for Crash and Spyro, and very little else besides them, and that's it. Ubisoft works well with Nintendo, but I doubt Rayman is going to get the last spot due to the poor sales of that series in Japan, and while Microsoft could get a 3rd character, I doubt it. Mainly because we only got Banjo because Phil Spencer was willing to let him join Smash, and Steve came after 5 years of negotiations.

Which finally brings me to the most likely candidates for the final character spot: Third-Party Japanese characters. Sakurai has said that it's easier to work with the Japanese companies since there's not language barrier there, so odds are better that the final character is gonna be from a Japanese studio. I'll be honest, Sega, Square Enix, Capcom and Konami all have 3 characters, while Microsoft and Bandai Namco each has 2 characters, currently in Ultimate. SNK is likely not getting anything else, considering Terry came with content representing that whole company. And while I could see us getting a 3rd Namco character, or even a 2nd Atlus character (even if that'll technically be 4 Sega characters total in Ultimate), there's two 3rd Party Japanese gaming companies that I think have a better chance at getting a character amongst the ones that haven't gotten one yet: Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works. The former is an established company with a strong relationship and history with Nintendo, and the other spent years being relatively small and niche before establishing themselves more recently as a respected studio here in the current day, and both already have minor content in Smash in the form of spirits and one Assist Trophy. I also feel like each company only has one character that are recognized/respected enough to become a fighter too: Ryu Hayabusa and Sol Badguy!

These 2 characters are my final picks for the last character. Obviously I can't have both, but I can't decide who I want more between Hayabusa and Sol now. Ninja Gaiden has the history with Nintendo, and Guilty Gear has a fighting game connection that could fit well alongside Street Fighter, Tekken and King of Fighters in Smash, and both Koei Tecmo and Arc System Works I think have earned fighters. It doesn't look like Marvelous is going to get anything after Travis Touchdown got a spirit and Mii costume. So hopefully, Koei Tecmo and Arc Sys have a potential shot now.

So with all that said, characters I like that I DON'T think are happening include: Sora, Crash Bandicoot, Shantae, Yuri Lowell, Breath of the Wild Zelda, Decidueye, Spyro the Dragon, Master Chief and Amaterasu.

And my final predictions for the final character: Ryu Hayabusa or Sol Badguy.

Pretty sure I'll be wrong in the end, but this was still fun to make 😋 Here's hoping!
Agree with everything said but one thing I will say about ARC SYSTEMS WORKS (and this is just me) is that if they don’t get a character I’m ok with that because at least they HAVE their own original IP in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with RIVER CITY (honestly I was freaking out in happiness when I heard they were coming). KOEI TECMO STILL doesn’t have any original IP in the game as even FATAL FRAME is co owned by Nintendo, so I’d really like to see at least one of their series join the battle (preferably NINJA GAIDEN of course). But hey I also agree with you that it’s also possible it’s neither and something we aren’t even expecting

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder how the trailer will pan out. Ryu Hayabusa does have a lot of opportunity for fake outs, given he's a ninja and all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Idk all this talk about Sora is making me wonder if that Sora leak is real
Eh, it happens before every Smash reveal. One character comes out ahead in the discourse and half of the time it's just the echo chamber effect. If more people are talking about a character, even if all they have to go on are 4chan leaks, the more plausible it sounds.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or are a lot people on this site starting to panic over the final character? It's actually kind of funny, ngl. Yeah, I'm not 100% confident about Ryu's chances of being the character tomorrow but Jesus people, Smash Ultimate is just a video game at the end of the day, calm down.

QQS

Smash Lord
If the trailer starts with Greninja and or Sheik, it’s safe to assume its Ryu Hayabusa joining the battle! Or maybe the letter NES scene with his Smash Invitation! It would be a nice and epic addition with a a legend character with nice music & moveset!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Tomorrow is the big day, how are you all feeling?
Pessimistic. I'm expecting it's going to be a gen. 8 Pokemon or a character from Fire Emblem Heroes, with a bunch of highly-requested characters as Mii costumes. (every Mii costume wave in FP2 has included at least one character that I wanted or expected, and I'm guessing that trend will continue)

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
Pessimistic. I'm expecting it's going to be a gen. 8 Pokemon or a character from Fire Emblem Heroes, with a bunch of highly-requested characters as Mii costumes. (every Mii costume wave in FP2 has included at least one character that I wanted or expected, and I'm guessing that trend will continue)
****. I'd bet Koei Tecmo is still getting nothing tomorrow, not even any Mii Fighter costumes.
Wow. Ya'll are just proving my earlier comment right, lol 😆

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
You're welcome. There shouldn't be any problems with expressing such opinions. They are after all opinions and can thus be freely ignored. :)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd love to be proven wrong tomorrow morning, but given how almost every speculation period since Brawl has ended (the only exception, for me at least, was Smash 4's DLC, and that comes with a giant asterisk), I don't think we're going to wind up getting something that tops Steve and Sephiroth in terms of hype.

Last edited:

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
You're welcome. There shouldn't be any problems with expressing such opinions. They are after all opinions and can thus be freely ignored. :)
That would be too easy. Besides this is probably my last night on this site considering there won't be anything further to discuss on Smash Ultimate after tomorrow's reveal, plus Ultimate is likely to be my last Smash game anyway since the series will never be this good again after it's all said and done.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
That would be too easy. Besides this is probably my last night on this site considering there won't be anything further to discuss on Smash Ultimate after tomorrow's reveal, plus Ultimate is likely to be my last Smash game anyway since the series will never be this good again after it's all said and done.
True. I guess this would be an early goodbye and is probably a good idea to just up and leave if there's literally nothing to do here in this specific thread except endlessly speculate why the result is what it is. Hope you didn't think I was too obsessed with our speculation here but it was only when it came down to Koei Tecmo and what content they could've gotten and never got. I just hope it wasn't such an alien thing to talk about but I believe it did have some merit because practically in the end, KT got almost next to nothing, barring those Spirit Events of video games co-owned with others. Now, if only this would change tomorrow...

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
True. I guess this would be an early goodbye and is probably a good idea to just up and leave if there's literally nothing to do here in this specific thread except endlessly speculate why the result is what it is. Hope you didn't think I was too obsessed with our speculation here but it was only when it came down to Koei Tecmo and what content they could've gotten and never got. I just hope it wasn't such an alien thing to talk about but I believe it did have some merit because practically in the end, KT got almost next to nothing, barring those Spirit Events of video games co-owned with others. Now, if only this would change tomorrow...
It's all good. Sorry about earlier. I am still pulling for Ryu tomorrow more than anyone else, though the only characters I can think of who I'd be disappointed by are Waluigi and a Fortnite character, and I seriously doubt the last character is going to be either of them.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
It's all good. Sorry about earlier. I am still pulling for Ryu tomorrow more than anyone else, though the only characters I can think of who I'd be disappointed by are Waluigi and a Fortnite character, and I seriously doubt the last character is going to be either of them.
No issues, man. The only thing I'd hate the last fighter to be would be one from a series already repped in Smash, so no Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Sonic, etc. I just really want to see a new series in Smash. Except Fortnite lol. Any of Koei Tecmo's other franchises would be nice as well if it couldn't be Ninja Gaiden. At least with that, we'd be ever closer to finally seeing our ninja man make it even if his had to be the second (or third) of KT's series just to get in.

Top Bottom