• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just wondering...

DocDip

Smash Rookie
When you're doing short jumps and airs, do you use c stick to do the airs, or a , or z?
Also anyone use y instead of x to jump. I'm trying to figure out the best way to do them, ty.

young wus

Smash Journeyman
Its all about how u feel comfortable. sum ppl( mainly technical ppl) use y 2 jumb, but i use x. and learn to use da C-stick its handy, even thought the best player(Isai) doesnt use it. :)

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
I always use the C-stick for aerials, the only time I don't is for full hop double uair.

D

Deleted member

Here is what I do:

c-stick aerials grant more control and ability to move, for example, backwards on control stick while doing a forward aerial (knee) on c-stick easily

but

control stick for aerials imo are better if you want them to come out as fast as possible such as running sh up-air juggling, I use y and slightly hold up

Animal

Smash Lord
ik mango never uses c stick. and if you look at his controller the x button is like ripped out haha

Lovage

Smash Hero
control stick is fine, there are several players (INCLUDING THE GREAT LOVAGE) who can do all the stuff they need to do with it

that said, at the high levels, jumping with stick has more disadvantages than advantages (the advantages are mostly noticeable at low levels) and using Y is better

The W

Smash Rookie
I use y for all jumping, and the c-stick for the majority of my aerials. (Besides Nair, of course.)

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I've always used the X button to jump. Occasionally, I miss short hops (either accidentally full jump or fail to jump at all). Should I experiment with the Y button? Do you guys that use the Y button use it just because you've always done it that way OR have you tested both X and Y extensively and concluded that Y was easier/more natural?

I think the main reason I'm considering switching to the Y button is when I saw Darkrain play at Phase 6, I noticed he uses the Y button. Don't think I can go wrong emulating what Darkrain does lol.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
i use x to jump,all aerials but Nair with Cstick(Those with Z)

but for real,now that youre picking... USE Y TO JUMP,it has more advatages than x,shorthops are a bit harder,but with the time you will handle it,trust me,it will come in handy if you main a spacie in the future...

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Here is what I do:

c-stick aerials grant more control and ability to move, for example, backwards on control stick while doing a forward aerial (knee) on c-stick easily

but

control stick for aerials imo are better if you want them to come out as fast as possible such as running sh up-air juggling, I use y and slightly hold up
I agree with this completely. I use X to jump (closer to the C stick), and use c stick most of the time. It offers the best control and is much better for spacing. There are times when it is not necessary, though, like when you desire speed over control, like when uthrowing into knee.

Top Bottom