• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just switched to Game Cube Controller....

kobefan

Smash Rookie
Man...

I just switched to GC controller and ALOT of my skill has left....

I used the wii controller because i didnt mind (never played the MELEE), then i noticed they are not allowed in tourneys so i switched....

Which button do you use for jump Y or X?

and should i B-stick?

What do you used for grab? (Z or A + block)

Any special configs for Mario Mains?

thanks guys!!!

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I use Y to short hop and Up on the control stick to full jump(yes I'm a freak that likes tap jump on) and Cstick for aerials and smashes unless I'm charging them....I don't know really...I basically use every inch of the controller

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
the wii/chuck isnt allowed in tourneys??? i diddnt know that..................................
It depends...it really doesn't matter that much...the only reason I can see for Wiimote/attachments being not allowed is that it takes too much time to sync up the controllers to different wiis everytime you play on a different tv

Leifio

Smash Cadet
oh.... so i guess i can still use it im used to the attack button being the trigger since i used the z button for ariels in melee

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
dude keep with your wii controller. if i see a person that is good with a wii controller i would be very impressed then a pro with a gamecube just sayin

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
GameCube conroller is alot better once u get better with it
Use the Cstick for quick Smashes but not all the time
Use Z to grab and Shield plus A to grab right out of shield (good counter)
You can still tap jump if ure used to it but i dont even pay attention if i press Y or X to jump cause i just have muscle memory of clicking that area lol.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Only some tournies are 'Gamecube Controller' only, not all.

I use X to jump, R for everything dodge related(I don't touch the L button), R+A to grab(I only use Z if I'm chain throwing, and Mario doesn't have a chain throw here), and C-Stick for Smashes(unless being charged) and Aerials.

I have tap jump on(meaning I can press up to jump), only due to the fact I got used to it from Melee.

Veggi

Smash Champion
It must be tough to hear, but I think it's best to switch to the GC, wii/chuck, or classic. In my opinion, grabbing and up tilts are too hard. Plus there's no auto floating with Peach, but that probably doesn't matter to you.

kobefan

Smash Rookie
The Good thing is i can short hop now (with the wii controller the button is so small i cant really pressure it the right way)

The bad thing is my block is now the stupid trigger with too much spring in it.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
haha yeah lets get that short hop down before we think too much about tournies.. i personally love the melee controls, so i stick with them when i play brawl, but turn tap up jump OFF and jump with X, i say.

Top Bottom