• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just started playing with Gamecube Controller !!!!

King Yo Lu De

Smash Rookie
Please!!! I use to play the wii and nunchuck controls, but... i finally got a gamecube cotroller. I'm trying to get use to it, but can anyone give advice on how i can change my controlls to play better; or any other advice that could help me?

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
Practice, practice, practice, dont expect to get used to it in 5 mins... How come people still havent figured it out? There are no shortcuts, no tips, nothing... The controller scheme is also up to you >_> Some people like tap jump on, some people like using the c stick for specials, etc use whatever fits your playstyle...

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Besides what the smart man above me said, once you get used to it, you may want to adjust it according to your main. For example, some Peach players prefer B-sticking. (C-stick set to specials) Snake players may like setting Z to attack, etc.

Do what you like, then mold it around your character(s).

Oh and the hot-tip would be to ask this is the Q&A, and to not post your sig in the actual post. :)

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Everything that was just said, plus a bonus: If you try the GCN controller and you really, truly prefer wiichuk or any other controller, use that. More than anything else, it's a matter of personal taste.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
King Yo Lu De, please don't post that picture in every post you make.
Put it in your signature.

It's against the rules to post your signature if it's bigger than the post you've just made.
Global Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=181&a=130

6. Signature Rules: Signatures are not allowed to be more than a maximum of 8 lines (about 125 pixels) and no images should be wider than 550 pixels or an excessive file size. Any signatures longer than 125 pixels are automatically clipped off. If you post something short, do not use your signature if it is bigger than what you posted. Remember not to use very wide images that stretch out the page. Violators of these may have their profiles locked at an Administrator's discretion.

Anything else used to bypass either the 10 character setting or the sig settings will result in a spam infraction. Multiple instances of a user using the above means to sig dodge will result in permanent disabling of their sigs

* Sig Violation (posting a signature bigger than your post) - 1 point, 1 weeks length
As to your question. Practice makes perfect :)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
It really depends on your style of play and who your character is. Also when you decide on your controller lay out practice with it to become comfortable with it.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I really don't like the Gamecube controller. It looks so weird.

How do you guys get used to it anyway?
It's a real challenge to get used to that thing.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I really don't like the Gamecube controller. It looks so weird.

How do you guys get used to it anyway?
It's a real challenge to get used to that thing.
You are clearly new to the smash series! lol whats up?

Well I don't understand how you cant get used to the gamecube controller, I also dont understand how you can bear anything else...

I guess we are even!

:laugh:

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
If you don't use the Gamecube controller, you will never be a great Smash player, period. Why? C-stick aerials.

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
1. Find the best way for yourself to hold the controller.

2. Figure out what each button does and remember where they are on the controller.

3. The rest is a bit self-explanitory, honestly.

auroreon

Smash Ace
as a yoshi main, turn tap jump off for sure
I am a Yoshi main with Tap Jump on. The idea that it is a disadvantage to Yoshi is not strictly accurate. While it does mean that things like using egg toss in the air without using your double jump is harder it also makes certain techs and other things easier.
Keeping tap jump on is not essential for playing Yoshi and it is entirely possible to play Yoshi competently with it on.

Top Bottom