• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just How Bad is Little Mac Aerial Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I know Little Mac Aerial Attacks are "terrible" just how bad are they. No one at the Invitational used them, I know he has a spike. Has any one tried his Aerials at Best Buy or E3! If so please let me know.

criticalhit1992

Smash Cadet
NNID
Falco1994
3DS FC
2707-2104-0489
I went to the Best Buy event too. Little Mac is similar to Roy from Melee. He is super powerful on the ground, but he is definitely at his worst in the air. Little Mac's air attacks can be as weak as 3% damage.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Well from what I've seen lil mac is pretty much a monster on the ground to the point they had to take away a lot of his air game. His recovery is completely vertical so he cant even input a slight direction change to help with recovery. aka his air game is pretty bad.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
From most of the YouTube videos I've seen of people playing the Smash Bros. Wii U demo as him, his aerial attacks are in fact horrible. Only when he's on the ground is when he's a force to be reckoned with.

P.S. Ever seen an actual boxer flying around the ring during a boxing match?

Number1MinunFan

Smash Apprentice
I main Roy in Melee, having a bad Arial game isnt that bad if you are at least somewhat good with your ground game and can avoid recovery situations most of the time

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
Dont you trust Doc Louis?

"You ain't no air fighta Little Mac!"

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Dont you trust Doc Louis?

"You ain't no air fighta Little Mac!"
I'm guessing he doesn't. lol

And it's actually "You ain't no air fighta, Mac!" I don't remember Doc calling him "Little" in his trailer.

Last edited:

Jeanne

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing he doesn't. lol

And it's actually "You ain't no air fighta, Mac!" I don't remember Doc calling him "Little" in his trailer.
Well.. looks like I have been exposed.. *fades out of existence*

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I main Roy in Melee, having a bad Arial game isnt that bad if you are at least somewhat good with your ground game and can avoid recovery situations most of the time
I also mained Roy in Melee (along with Mewtwo, although Mewtwo's my primary Melee main, Roy being the alt) and I use him in the air almost all the time (don't really care if the air hit is at the center of his blade or not), and even if he & Little Mac have bad aerial games (which they do), I use whatever moves I can in their arsenals to deal damage, that includes aerial attacks.

Falchy

Smash Rookie
little mac has the best aerial game of any character in super smash bros history
his recovery is fantastic and you might as well duct tape the jump button down whenever you're playing mac, because you're gonna wreck grounded characters such as meta knight. dont forget, his gimping game is the best part about him :dazwa:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
little mac has the best aerial game of any character in super smash bros history
his recovery is fantastic and you might as well duct tape the jump button down whenever you're playing mac, because you're gonna wreck grounded characters such as meta knight. dont forget, his gimping game is the best part about him :dazwa:
Yeah, Little Mac's edge game is insane.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
His air game is terrible, but his Up-B can be customized for greater distance (at the cost of les damage and knockback, of course), his Down-B can be changed to be an anti-gimp recovery and besides, his fast and huge rolls, his armored Neutral-B and his Side-B (which can have either projectile immunity or knockback resitence) all make him less likely to get launched if you play well with Mac.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So, Mac's aerials. They aren't quite as bad as people are making them out to be, but they also aren't great.

Nair at first glance is hilariously bad. It's fast but has no knockback and very little hitstun. HOWEVER, if you catch an opponent in the air with this move and just keep on using it while falling with them, they can't escape. The possibility of it working as a suicide move like Dorf's Sspecial is a small niche use for the move. Otherwise it really isn't the good.

Fair has little range and little knockback. I tend to find it best as a follow-up move from Dtilt or Dthrow at low precents to go into another move. Also of note is that at maximum short hop height this move is completely lagless, though if it's auto-canceled or just finished before landing I am not sure. Decent move.

Bair has decent range and will probably serve best at edgeguarding. It actually isn't a bad edgeguard tool. Like Fair, at maximum SH height the move will be lagless.

Uair is a decent juggling tool , but otherwise. Eh.

Dair... Dair is there to show the opponent disrespect. It's an extremely weak Spike.

Overall his aerial game is below average, but it isn't total garbage.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Not sure if this is that safe, but after dthrow I sometimes smack people with fair and they land right in front of me so I can like jab/dtilt. Not sure if the dtilt is guaranteed after but I get some mild use starting/improvising combos with an airborne opponent.

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
I've seen his nair used in crazy combos, and I use it, SOMETIMES...

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So, Mac's aerials. They aren't quite as bad as people are making them out to be, but they also aren't great.

Nair at first glance is hilariously bad. It's fast but has no knockback and very little hitstun. HOWEVER, if you catch an opponent in the air with this move and just keep on using it while falling with them, they can't escape. The possibility of it working as a suicide move like Dorf's Sspecial is a small niche use for the move. Otherwise it really isn't that good.

Fair has little range and little knockback. I tend to find it best as a follow-up move from Dtilt or Dthrow at low precents to go into another move. Also of note is that at maximum short hop height this move is completely lagless, though if it's auto-canceled or just finished before landing I am not sure. Decent move.

Bair has decent range and will probably serve best at edgeguarding. It actually isn't a bad edgeguard tool. Like Fair, at maximum SH height the move will be lagless.

Uair is a decent juggling tool , but otherwise. Eh.

Dair... Dair is there to show the opponent disrespect. It's an extremely weak Spike.

Overall his aerial game is below average, but it isn't total garbage.
So all in all his aerial game is just like Roy's from Melee (but with lesser reach).

D

Deleted member

From my experience... not somebody you want to battle against Master Core, although the KO Punch can allow you to defeat one phase instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom