• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just got the game. Inputs feel incredibly laggy/delayed

AzureAura

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1812-8501-4814
Been playing for around 2 weeks now and I can't get used to the game. I don't know if its because my of my controller choice or its just the game being this way. Not even gonna get started about online. This isn't my first smash game (around 500 hours melee if i was to guess, 1500+ rivals of aether). I feel as if i have no control over my character. Maybe i just need to get used to it? Using a pro controller but thinking of moving to gc again. Anyone use both can tell me if they feel the same or not?

D

Deleted member

I don't have the same issue. I use a PowerS Wireless GC controller, or the joy cons. It may just be your controller.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Been playing for around 2 weeks now and I can't get used to the game. I don't know if its because my of my controller choice or its just the game being this way. Not even gonna get started about online. This isn't my first smash game (around 500 hours melee if i was to guess, 1500+ rivals of aether). I feel as if i have no control over my character. Maybe i just need to get used to it? Using a pro controller but thinking of moving to gc again. Anyone use both can tell me if they feel the same or not?
I used to use GC, but surprisingly, I prefer Pro now. Maybe the lag you are experiencing is from online connection (assuming the issue is during online play) or even your tv settings. It could very well be the brand of your controller.

AzureAura

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1812-8501-4814
I used to use GC, but surprisingly, I prefer Pro now. Maybe the lag you are experiencing is from online connection (assuming the issue is during online play) or even your tv settings. It could very well be the brand of your controller.
I have my monitor on gaming mode. has your pro controller ever acted up? or maybe im just not used to the game

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah, this game has more input lag than 4 and a buffering system that saves your inputs for a longer than usual time. Unfortunately, you'll have to adjust to that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is it wrong that I can't notice the 4 frames of input lag? That's 1/15th of a second. It really surprises me how sensitive so much of the community is to such a minuscule difference.

Part of that might be that I'm primarily an online player anyway though...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is it wrong that I can't notice the 4 frames of input lag? That's 1/15th of a second. It really surprises me how sensitive so much of the community is to such a minuscule difference.

Part of that might be that I'm primarily an online player anyway though...
The issue is that it's not 4. As far as I can tell in Ultimate it's 6, not to mention the natural lag from playing online.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The issue is that it's not 4. As far as I can tell in Ultimate it's 8, not to mention the natural lag from playing online.
Ah, I misunderstood. Still though that's 2/15th of a second.

Maybe if I had more opportunities to play fighting games with people offline I'd notice, but as it is now I barely notice the difference between offline and most online matches.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
that 2/15th of a second has screwed me over plenty of times

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Ah, I misunderstood. Still though that's 2/15th of a second.

Maybe if I had more opportunities to play fighting games with people offline I'd notice, but as it is now I barely notice the difference between offline and most online matches.
Compare it like SFV Season 2 (SSBU) to SFV AE (SSB4)

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
It felt a bit weird in the first 2 hours for me bit after that it was fine.

Maybe try it on a pc monitor and use a pro Controller or original gamecube. Everyone i know who had experience in previous smash titles got used to it after only a few matches.

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this game has more input lag than 4 and a buffering system that saves your inputs for a longer than usual time. Unfortunately, you'll have to adjust to that.
Is that input lag something bad for the game or it is something intentional?

Last edited:
Top Bottom