• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just because a charecter has a Mii coustume dosn't mean they are deconfirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
It REALLY ticks me off when people say this, but for crying out loud, it Mii coustume of charecter means decomfirming of the charecter, that means :4mario::4luigi::4metaknight::4link::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4wario2:and:4peach: all need to be removed, and that ain't happening.

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Yes, we already knew this before they even made DLC costumes.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It REALLY ticks me off when people say this, but for crying out loud, it Mii coustume of charecter means decomfirming of the charecter, that means :4mario::4luigi::4metaknight::4link::4samus::4sheik::4tlink::4wario2:and:4peach: all need to be removed, and that ain't happening.
Your example makes no sense.
Those characters were already in the game, before the costumes.
The costumes were added before certain characters (Inkling, Heihachi, etc.) AS DLC, I'm not saying that they are disconfirmed, but that certainly affects their chances, it's a totally different situation.
It's like, we will not add those characters as DLC, but you can use them as costumes, so you can dress your Miis like them.

Drason

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Coke
where do you see a Mii costume of :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4samus: and everyone else besides Link? If your talking about regular costumes than no...In Link's case he was already in the game plus that makes a degree of sense for the cast, though the thing with everyone else is why make a Mii costume, then make a fighter?, Link is an excuse because he's not going anywhere

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm pretty sure the Mii costumes are made from popular characters who fit one of the 3 Mii classes, for the fans and to make money out of it. It most likely has nothing to do with ballot chances, so don't worry about it.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Forgot :4megaman: in the OP...

Either way, the Mii costumes simply mean they're not going to be pre-ballot, but if they start pulling from the ballot then these characters still have a shot especially if they have a decent support backing them, like the Inklings who are probably the prime examples as they could very well be made Playable from the Ballot...would it really be a big deal if they were Mii Outfits AND Playable Fighters? No...because the Inklings would not play like the Mii Gunner....

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
The Mii Costumes are made so that one can "dress up like that character". Simple enough.

When the character is present in the game already, "dressing up like the character" means "You can be yourself and dress up as the character and play alongside the character himself!", which doesn't make them "unneeded".

When the character is not already present in the game tho, "dressing up like the character" means "These characters are not (planned to be) playable, but you can still dress like them!", which serves as:
  1. A (placeholder-y) way to let one make their favorite character in the game;
  2. Hence, a way to show the developers didn't plan to make them DLC; or
  3. Just an outfit for you to roleplay the certain character.
It fully depends on what you think it as, tho while it doesn't make suggesting the character pointless, it does hurt their chances a bit.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Personally I feel like the Link costume is a waste of dev time and money since a.) It's locked to swordsman anyway so it's not like you can pretend Link is trying out some new fighting styles and b.) there's two Links already in the game.

If I want to look like Link, surely i'll just play one of the two available Links?

That said I don't think the vast majority of these characters who are costumes are getting into this game anyway.

I have some minor hope for Inklings due to high ranking ballot demand from a popular recent game, but I'm certainly not expecting the likes of Dunban(part of Shulk's moveset too), KK Slider, Protoman or Isabelle(who whilst popular is also an Assist Trophy) to get in as DLC either since they just don't have the ballot demand.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
where do you see a Mii costume of :4mario::4luigi::4peach::4samus: and everyone else besides Link? If your talking about regular costumes than no...In Link's case he was already in the game plus that makes a degree of sense for the cast, though the thing with everyone else is why make a Mii costume, then make a fighter?, Link is an excuse because he's not going anywhere
They have hats/helmets.

I also think that a mii fighter of someone that isn't a fighter is a straight deconfirmation. "trolling" as an explanation doesn't work either in a world where Ridles is a stage hazard after all that "teasing" of him being a character

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
They have hats/helmets.

I also think that a mii fighter of someone that isn't a fighter is a straight deconfirmation. "trolling" as an explanation doesn't work either in a world where Ridles is a stage hazard after all that "teasing" of him being a character
That wasn't teasing. That was fans twisting words.

I'd say it deconfirms newcomers. Link was already in the game.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
That wasn't teasing. That was fans twisting words.

I'd say it deconfirms newcomers. Link was already in the game.
Twisting words and misinterpreting images is completely right for what that was.

Not saying i never wanted chrom or K rool in, but they're not gonna put in a character after a costume of said character.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
First of all most of those Mii Costumes were themed after Streetpass, and they were hats, not costumes. Anyway, they were things Miis canonically wore, while these costumes weren't. So Mario, Luigi, Meta, etc, can't be put into the same basket as the others. And they were all already existing character anyway.

And you know...pairing Rool with Chrom makes it a pretty clear theme of "ballot favorites" which makes us think that this is a consolation prize...

It doesn't kill it 100%, but...it seems to communicate a pretty clear message.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We have no precedent of them confirming on disconfirming characters so it's better to just hope for the best. We can't say anything definite.

:231:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It doesn't, but people are too busy being "realistic" to care about that.

Personally I think we should wait it out and see what happens, we could get a direct of some sort before the update is released on Friday.

Do we really think Sakurai is incapable of setting up a troll like this? Really?

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Remember that Pic of the Day with the Mii wearing Meta Knight's mask? Yeah, we're heading down that same path.
Also, FYI, the poll doesn't end until October 3rd.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nope... I don't want to deal with threads like this before I've had my morning coffee... Either way, time will tell and y'all just need to wait until the Smash Ballot officially closes anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom