• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just an obvious theory (or truth) about Smash 4.

SIN Shinryu

Smash Cadet
I've seen some people freaking out about Sm4sh for Wii U, because we don't have any details at all really. We get really shiny pictures and stuff, but nothing new like 'Target Smash' or the new neat classic mode revealed tonight. (See here: Sm4sh 3DS)

But that's because the new game is coming out in 50 days for 3DS. That's not very long, it's less than two months. And in that time we're going to get all of the characters, a ton of modes, trophies, music --- and the big thing:

All the info about Super Smash Brothers 4., for 3DS.

We're not getting and Wii U info until Smash 4DS (how many names can I make for smash in a single post) is at our doorstep, and that's the simple truth. We're probably not going to know about our new Smash the Targets mode, or any new Custom Stages, All-Star or Classic mode until 3DS get's released. And that's only because if they reveal it now - sure, it'll excite everyone and we'll be happy - but what are they going to update the Smash Dojo with while we wait for the Wii U release?

That's all there is to it. We're not going to hear much about the Wii U (We get a few pieces from time to time but it's nothing in comparison to Smash 3DS. There's an entire part on the website for it for pete's sack.) until we have to wait for it and only it.

It's a game of waiting. We can't judge it with a bunch of "This isn't in yet so I don't think it will be" because we haven't even heard anything about it yet.

It's kind of like games for the Gamecube or Wii that got ported to the DS when the larger title released. Which game had nearly over 50% more content in it? Nearly always it was the console release. And I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen here. We're getting the smaller game out of the way so we can play the awesome game later on, even if it's not what everyone wants.

Don't let your hopes and dreams get dashed just yet.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The game is actually coming out in Japan exactly a month from now, we're probably going to see a lot of info in this last stretch. That and they have to save some information for daily pics post-3DS release.

Last edited:

SIN Shinryu

Smash Cadet
The game is actually coming out in Japan exactly a month from now, we're probably going to see a lot of info in this last stretch. That and they have to save some information for daily pics post-3DS release.
A month? That's cool. Well, take everything I said from the first post and rearrange it to fit the timeline of a month instead of 50 days. Lol.

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice

That's all there is to it. We're not going to hear much about the Wii U (We get a few pieces from time to time but it's nothing in comparison to Smash 3DS. There's an entire part on the website for it for pete's sack.) until we have to wait for it and only it.
lol

But yeah, I'm surprised this isn't common sense to everyone. We haven't heard much of anything about the Wii U because that's not the version they need to be pushing right now. Itll give us good PoTD content following the 3DS release.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
because we don't have any details at all really.
I disagree.

We're getting the smaller game out of the way so we can play the awesome game later on, even if it's not what everyone wants.
But any Smash version is no real small game. You better believe millions of people are going to still play it religiously all while not having everything completed until the Wii U's version.

It's a game of waiting. We can't judge it with a bunch of "This isn't in yet so I don't think it will be" because we haven't even heard anything about it yet.

Don't let your hopes and dreams get dashed just yet.
LMAO. Thanks for the advice. :4dedede:

Last edited:

SIN Shinryu

Smash Cadet
But any Smash version is no real small game. You better believe millions of people are going to still play it religiously all while not having everything completed until the Wii U's version.

LMAO. Thanks for the advice. :4dedede:
About the Smash thing, that's very true. I didn't mean to make it sound like this was a ****ty game they were just going to throw out there - because holy hell it's SMASH ON A HANDHELD THAT MEANS SMASH EVERYWHERE IT'S SO COOL. But I'm just a bit more excited for the console game.

Also you're very welcome. :diddy:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
About the Smash thing, that's very true. I didn't mean to make it sound like this was a ****ty game they were just going to throw out there - because holy hell it's SMASH ON A HANDHELD THAT MEANS SMASH EVERYWHERE IT'S SO COOL. But I'm just a bit more excited for the console game.

Also you're very welcome. :diddy:
As much as I love and will treat Smash 3ds like the full and real game that it is, I too am more excited for the Wii U version. It really is definitive.

:4dk:

Top Bottom