• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a thought...

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Well...i was wasting my time at the dojo and i just came across this photo and began to think....

Im probably wrong...but any of you think that when king dedede lands after his up B he can produce warpstars?

I just remember in nightmare in dreamland...after king dedede jumps and lands with his hammer he makes tangible stars that stay for about 5 seconds....

So yeah...im just think that possibly he can produce warpstars after his up b move....its highly unlikely because it would be majorly broken...but it seems sort of plausible...otherwise it seems like it'll be like yoshi's down b move that produce stars that only cause 1% damage. (in the picture it really looks like a warpstar to me...)

My only other theories that could support this is that maybe he can only produce warpstars when he falls at certain heights (really high) or could be at random like peaches down b which gives you the chance of pulling out a lightsabre or mr. saturn...

Anyways...this is up for discussion if anyone wants to add or bash this theory....

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
To me it looks like the star came out of the ground cause you can see specks of dirt.
Yeah...which supports my theory...but then again...there are also specks of dirt to the right of dedede (his right) as well....so its possible the dirt is just there after the impact of his hammer hitting the ground...and the warpstar just happened to be placed in a compromised position as if the warpstar appeared from dedede's attack....but again...it seems way too coincidental...

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Think, Yoshi's Down B. There are small stars that come out.

The Move Originated from Kirby Super Stars in the DeDeDe duel. In Kirby Super Stars, yes it caused stars.

iron blade

Smash Ace
that star looks too big and too close to have come from the impact, but i'm just basing that on yoshi

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Those aren't "Warpstar" items, they're just stars that are produced from his attack (as in the Kirby games). I'm hoping Kirby will be able to suck them up and spit them out at people too.

BTW, Warpstars are far less powerful in Brawl than in Melee. Not only are they easier to dodge, they have a smaller blast radius and the knockback was nerfed.

Ellio 2 b

Smash Apprentice
Those aren't "Warpstar" items, they're just stars that are produced from his attack (as in the Kirby games). I'm hoping Kirby will be able to suck them up and spit them out at people too.

BTW, Warpstars are far less powerful in Brawl than in Melee. Not only are they easier to dodge, they have a smaller blast radius and the knockback was nerfed.
I agree, in most of the Kirby games you would suck up the stars that would appear and spit them at King Dedede. I hope that the stars that appear in brawl will be for the same purpose.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
Think, Yoshi's Down B. There are small stars that come out.

The Move Originated from Kirby Super Stars in the DeDeDe duel. In Kirby Super Stars, yes it caused stars.
Yeah....read the whole post...i mention that it may have the same effect as yoshi's down b...which is a definite possibility...but the stars seem larger than the stars that appear after yoshi performs his down b...but it may just be because king dedede is bigger than yoshi....

It wouldnt seem right however to have the star(s) there for just kirby to suck up and spit back out (plus he already spits out stars when you suck in a character and spit him back out)...cause what will the other players do with the star(s)?

It just seems really probable that these stars may be warpstars....also, i notice that king dedede is facing the screen....and it seems strange how there is only one star that appears on his left after his move and not to both of this sides....unless if there is a hidden one to his right (i cant tell)

Well...i didnt really mention the origin of the star...i just remember it mainly from nightmare in dreamland cause that was pretty much the first kirby game i played....(where i remember the plot...lol).

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
I think that it is simply giong to be similar to the stars that yoshi produced.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord

Because you've started this, uhm, can you shield a warpstar or does it still poop your shield out and hit you?

3D King said:
It originated in the first Kirby game, Kirby's Dreamland, and it made stars there too.
Wasn't sure he had stomps in the first game, but stars, yeah he did. Gosh I haven't played Kirby Dreamland in a long time. It needs to be a classic game on the Wii....

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
If the warpstar still does go through your shield then yeah....i highly doubt that king dedede produces warpstars....again...it would be broken....lol :)

Yeah....i think they have kirbys adventure on virtual console on the wii shop channel.....i need to buy that....hehe

Tom-Sawyer

Smash Cadet
It looks to big to not be an item.
As many have said, it just seems like to much of a coincidence.
I for one believe it to be a result of Mr. DeDeDe's attack.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I say it's like Yoshi's vB. So what if it's bigger? Look how much biger Dedede is than Yoshi; of course it should be bigger.

Geal

Smash Rookie
For those who think it's an item, look at the ground before he lands:

Nothing there. It might have just happened to spawn right next to him in the short time it took him to fall, buuuut...

with my terrible MS paint skills, you can see that there's a star right behind Dedede! But yeah, back to the case of whether or not they're just effects...

If it follows the old Kirby games, then they could cause minimal damage/knockback to whoever touches them. This would make the most sense I think, especially so that if you happen to miss with the big jump, you won't be completely left off guard.

Then of course is the Yoshi theory, which means they're just effects. This is very probably too, as being just an homage to old Kirby games, but as others have said, it's far too big to just be an effect, especially since it seems Sakurai based an entire screenshot focusing on the star.

The only way i could see it being a warpstar is if stars really have been nerfed. If they have been nerfed enough, i think this would be a great ability. Knock enemies up in the air with Up+b, then combo them with warpstar+airs.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That for sure, but it likly is a refrence to the old kirby games, because those are what you used to hurt him after he did his giant jump...

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they sit there idly, either. I think they're just bigger (and probably more powerful) versinons of the stars that result out of Yoshi's vB.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Correct. I think it's because his *** covers a lot of ground, so he presumably doesn't need it. XD

Like I said, hopefully the initial attack can do, say, 15-20%, and maybe the stars do 6-7%. That'd be one of the best moves in the game. Can probably kill decently, too.

SaxyPlayah

Smash Apprentice
yeah....finally my thread has gotten some real discussion in it!! lol

As for my opinion...i kind of believe that these are just a knockback from his attack....probably just to keep everyone away while he lags out of the move...but i still think itd be sweet if these stars were warpstars...

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
if dedede could produce warp stars at will, it would be pretty anoying, its gotta be just similar to yoshi's b down, and oh yeah dedede looks awesome

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
if dedede can produce warpstars at will, it would be completely unfair and anoying, probaby just going to be similar to yoshi's b down, and dedede looks like he's ganna be an interesting character to play as

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
I think it will act just like how Yoshi's stars act.. Creating Warpstars out of that move would be totally outragous, he already has some rigged looking projectiles, warpstars is a little bit too much..

Top Bottom