• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a thought...

Drift

Smash Cadet
I have searched and can't find a thread like this. If it has been made, I apologize and a mod please close this. If not, I think it should be brought up.

In Brawl you can use the GC controller and 3 other type of controllers (classic, remote, sideways remote). If you (like most people) use the GC controller will the control functions be the same? Would this mean that the skill will be the same just new characters and stages. There may be minor updates like maybe no wavedashing, maybe different buttons do different moves etc;.

Post your thoughts. Im in a rush right now so may update with more stuff.

Discuss.

Sariku

Smash Master
Keep your thoughts to yourself xD. He will KEEP EVERYTHING the same. Now for new Features he could change stuff, but why ruin something that was already perfect?

Cinder

Smash Master
I have searched and can't find a thread like this. If it has been made, I apologize and a mod please close this. If not, I think it should be brought up.

In Brawl you can use the GC controller and 3 other type of controllers (classic, remote, sideways remote). If you (like most people) use the GC controller will the control functions be the same? Would this mean that the skill will be the same just new characters and stages. There may be minor updates like maybe no wavedashing, maybe different buttons do different moves etc;.

Post your thoughts. Im in a rush right now so may update with more stuff.

Discuss.
I think the GC controller functions will be just like they were in Melee...but I hope wavedashing isn't removed...that would suck...

Sariku

Smash Master
Any of you thought it would be IMPOSSIBLE to remove Wavedashing without COMPLETELY screwing the game up?

A wavedash is an Air Dodge to the ground. CROUCHING is confirmed. JUMPING is confirmed. AIR DODGE is party confirmed. (Look at Giga Bowser Update, Mario is supposedly Air Dodging). The only way to take it out is to change all the frame lag from the Air Dodge, which would make the game MUCH less fluid.

Cinder

Smash Master
So do you think all the techs will be the same or will Sakurai remove some?
I have no idea, I just HOPE he leaves the techs alone *runs hand along knife* if he knows what's good for him

Removing wavedashing wouldn't suck... We'd just have to adapt. Stop being so narrow minded people! If he removed SHFFL now THAT'd suck. xD (Yes, I know I'm contradicting myself)
I don't call it narrowminded...well, a little...but how would we adapt? We'd have to start rolling, and that wouldn't be as fluid, and it'd be way to laggy...and yes, removing the SHFFL would suck...

WarxePB

Smash Ace
As Pyroloserkid stated, even if the default GC configuration isn't the same as Melee, you'll be able to set it up the same, due to the customizable button configurations.

Top Bottom