• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a thought on GAW's Judge Side Special

D

Deleted member

Why don't they make it so that when you get a 1 while in the air, it restores your jump, much like how Captain Falcon/Ganon get theirs restored after a Falcon Kick/Wizard Foot?

Would that be to OP? I mean it's 1/9 chance to get it, and that's sort of justification for taking 12% damage from getting a 1. What do you guys think about this?

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Seems kinda pointless, and way too risky to ever be worth attempting. If you wanna give G&W a better recovery, I say let him airdodge after upb.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
When Captain Falcon uses Down-B to restore his jump he sacrifices all of his vertical positioning. There's an obvious risk reward involved. If 1 hammer for some reason gave G&W a jump he would not be giving up the same vertical aspect. He could use it while double jumping to not lose any height at all.

Plus G&W's recovery is already solid so any buff even an unlikely one to that game is unnecessary and takes away from the depth of edge guarding him.

On top of that you hurt the aesthetics of the move. The one hammer has always been completely useless and if feels justified by the way that the 9 hammer is so overpowered and how the 7 hammer is a healing move.

This change would only add unnecessary complications to what is already the most complicated (and worst) move in the game.

br8k

Coolkid
Adding a 1/9 chance to recover from normally unrecoverable situations?

That's infuriatingly dumb. I don't think we should increase the luck factor in this game.

Top Bottom