• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just a guess but..

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
We have all this stuff we can do with Character Models.
We haven't messed with stages much. If progress is made, do you think eventually we'd be able to make our own stage models, add platform data to it, then be able to use custom models replacing stages if we export and create them right? I've always dreamed of a real Apotos in brawl >.>

So..whaddaya think? Or has anyone already been looking into this?

*Prepares for flaming and closing of a random thread*

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
You have prepared wisely.

But I don't doubt that it would be possible. *sigh* I wish I had the spare time and dedication to become a master hacker, than I could make Super Autocosm Brawl, a Brawl completely made after my book. *sigh*... Oh, one can dream, right?

And maybe this thread ISN'T unnecessary. It could change into the Brawl SUPER, CUSTOM custom stage workshop!

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
as long as we're talking about the feasibility of optimistic prediction, i have an open question. how far do you think we can go? like, where do you think the limit to our brawl hacks will be/ will there be a limit?
I personally think that we can definitly get custom animations, increased rosters, custom stages(real), custom models, and (hopefully) a custom menu screen.
---but do you think we can go further?--
heres some ****-in-ur-pants kind of dreams i was talking about with some friends:
do you think it will get to the point that we could make our own SSE stages (thus making our own platformer games)

or adding a 3rd dimension with a changed camera angle to give it a Soul Caliber type feel with brawl gameplay, (EXACTLY like the new Naruto Shippuden game, only focusing on ring outs, not health.)

or even messing with the wifi commands to make the wifi gameplay faster, better, or even MASSIVLY multi-player? (im thinking HUGE custom maps with like 10-20 ppl in a wifi game. your screen zooms in ur character, diff zoom on each tv. same death boundarys... 5 minite brawl...go!) that would be SO rad with unlimited-compleatly new characters.

ok ill stop drooling now

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well we can actually edit the camera already...

I got the stage camera higher up, so i don't think it would be impossible to rotate it.

Completely changing everything in brawl is possible.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
as long as we're talking about the feasibility of optimistic prediction, i have an open question. how far do you think we can go? like, where do you think the limit to our brawl hacks will be/ will there be a limit?
I personally think that we can definitly get custom animations, increased rosters, custom stages(real), custom models, and (hopefully) a custom menu screen.
---but do you think we can go further?--
heres some ****-in-ur-pants kind of dreams i was talking about with some friends:
do you think it will get to the point that we could make our own SSE stages (thus making our own platformer games)

or adding a 3rd dimension with a changed camera angle to give it a Soul Caliber type feel with brawl gameplay, (EXACTLY like the new Naruto Shippuden game, only focusing on ring outs, not health.)

or even messing with the wifi commands to make the wifi gameplay faster, better, or even MASSIVLY multi-player? (im thinking HUGE custom maps with like 10-20 ppl in a wifi game. your screen zooms in ur character, diff zoom on each tv. same death boundarys... 5 minite brawl...go!) that would be SO rad with unlimited-compleatly new characters.

ok ill stop drooling now
One can dream, can't they?

Brawl will become the new...uh... I forgot the game... Mass Effect? Either way, wow, it will probably take a few years, but assuming we're not all dead by then from an apocalyptic scenario, it will become the GREATEST most MODDED game EVAR! Holy crap, this gives me new motivation to finish my book, because since I don't have much else to spend money on, I could pay people to hack the **** out of Brawl for me! Well... one can dream. One can dream.

Conscious

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me a true description of how far the model importer is coming along? I have been collecting a ****ton of models from various games lately. Are we anywhere near being able to actually put them in Brawl yet?

Top Bottom