• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Just 2 Changes I Would Like to See For Roy

D

Deleted member

It wouldn't fix his main problem. It's short, you're hopeless without a jump, grabbing the ledge is easy. I think falcos firefox has 4 frames of landing lag but his recovery still sucks.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
It wouldn't fix his main problem. It's short, you're hopeless without a jump, grabbing the ledge is easy. I think falcos firefox has 4 frames of landing lag but his recovery still sucks.
I'm not looking to really fix the recovery aspect, just to make it a tad safer to land with. x_x

D

Deleted member

... The only good reason to make it safer to land with would be to make his recovery better. You don't use up b as a punish or in neutral game EVER (except for vs puff lol)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I'm looking more at sweet spot VS no sweet sport, as there are instances where not sweet spotting could be more ideal then sweet spotting but the landing lag of it makes it not that way.

D

Deleted member

Problem is, if roy is playing vs someone who is good at the game he'll most likely be so far offstage that his up b can only get him to the ledge. Once again, the problem isn't the landing lag.

Dark Lady

A Red Witch
I would -really- like a spike on his Dair. Or a stronger meteor. It's great for combos, but it'd be nice to be able to gimp with it easier, since it's so hard to use. And it'd be nice to have a clean reward for all the effort.

Marth has one, isn't broken. It won't be nearly as silly as Falco's. And it won't break him in the least, I don't think.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
What if Up B just went 5% higher, and/or side B went 5% farther. Slight tuning that would be almost inperceivable to the untrained eye. I feel like fine tuning is the best way to balance at this point in project M's development.

Honestly though, I think the best way to buff roy's recovery is to not do anything (or very little) to it. Roy's recovery is just about right. I feel like other character recoveries should be nerfed (as has been stated by many people recently). This won't buff roy's recovery, but rather put it in line with those of other characters. I'm not saying to nerf the hell out of everybody's recovery, but rather making fine tuned adjustments to their recovery, just like I said with roy. No more than a 10% adjustment should be done, ideally being less than 5%. Enough people have noticed the effectiveness of recovery in this game to where it should be addressed, but I don't believe that adjustment should be drastic.

Small changes here and there will do a world of good. To address the concerns people have.

Top Bottom