• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Republic Mafia: To Clarify, the Werewolves Won The Game. Here Marks a New Age in Activity Reform.

Maven89

Smash Master
Well I estimated with the year part. I don’t remember when we actually stared these games again but I’ve been here since then.

Also what game was I scum?

I know I was the evil third party in anime mafia, I’ve been another third party in one of them(I’ve played a lot so I don’t remember), and I was scum once in one of the last few games we played. None of which I was a newbie in, but yeah it’s the same me that you remember.
I tried to look the game up and I couldn’t find it, if you’re who I’m thinking of you had to have played at least 3-4 years ago, so if that’s not possible than I have the wrong person

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I tried to look the game up and I couldn’t find it, if you’re who I’m thinking of you had to have played at least 3-4 years ago, so if that’s not possible than I have the wrong person
Maybe it is someone different, if it isn’t then holy **** I’ve been here awhile. Although I have to check my trophies now out of curiosity

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You can vote me if you want, it's a mistake and you'll regret it however
Let’s not start this type of talk day one. It never works out, trust me. I’ve had similar experiences and feelings

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.
He was town. Doop called him out on it and doop was mafia.

Kev does Red's first post throw up any alarm bells to you?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hooooweeee I hate this post
Pardon me, I am inexperienced with Mafia. Not sure what good etiquette or play is in this game.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag- God I can't wait to see revitalized Pythag taking some stances and swinging their crank around with me. Very exciting.. what is your game plan to assert yourself more in this game?
Plan is to not keep stuff to myself, and don't play to not die.

No more leaf in the wind bs. Didnt work for wash, didn't work for me

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
What is your plan to help us actively look for mafia members? What in particular are you going to be looking for?
I suppose my best bet right now since we're using vote pressure early is to try and decide whether someone's reasoning for implicating someone else sounds rational or not.

I honestly believe Lore's reasoning to vote for me is a huge stretch btw. I made a joke, I don't see how that can be fake tbh.

Vote Lore

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
What do you do with a slot like Raxxel?
If he was lynched right now I'd be fine.
if he's town he played it wrong.
if he's scum he played it wrong.
I'm willing to see how it goes throughout the day, but it kinda smacks of 'why me fry me' initially.

What do you make of his post where he voted and responded to your question? Was his early play a scum slip or noob blunder?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Vote: Raxxel

I regret nothing.

What you gonna do about it?
There isn't anything I can do. I'm not switching my vote to you because I honestly believe Lore is suspicious right now and I stand by that stance.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm willing to see how it goes throughout the day, but it kinda smacks of 'why me fry me' initially.

What do you make of his post where he voted and responded to your question? Was his early play a scum slip or noob blunder?
So, does killing a town hold no weight to you then? Is it not the goal of the game to avoid killing as many townies as possible while singling out the scum?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Too forced on what he is doing right now?

You pretty certain with that?
Yes. While I wouldn't blame him for using vote pressure on me within the first 24 hours just to draw out some behavior, his strained justification causes me to believe he has an ulterior motive in wishing to use momentum on someone else to keep attention clear from him so he can pick away at others in silence.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So, does killing a town hold no weight to you then? Is it not the goal of the game to avoid killing as many townies as possible while singling out the scum?
I don't want to lynch town.
if a townie is playing scummy and gets lynched, who do you blame?

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu why you hoppin on this wagon? Is Raxxel the play?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I have to say, Red's behavior is a little odd to me. There's a small possibility to me that Red wants to divide attention between them and Lore. There are a few possibilities there, they could both be scum, but it also could be only Red, and Red wants to keep Lore alive since Lore is currently keeping the momentum against a Townie and that works in Red's favor.

However, not enough time has passed yet for me to decide upon either of those possibilities, I'll keep my vote Lore for now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh **** i though raxxel replaced me... but apparently im in

now i actually have to play this ****in game

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Where are you getting any of this from?
It's theorizing is all. I'm basing this off of what Red's behavior suggests to me. They seem to legitimately want me to vote for them given the provocative nature of their vote announcement.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yes. While I wouldn't blame him for using vote pressure on me within the first 24 hours just to draw out some behavior, his strained justification causes me to believe he has an ulterior motive in wishing to use momentum on someone else to keep attention clear from him so he can pick away at others in silence.
You think he would make this kind of early hard play out the gate? You think this can stick on ya? Or are you nervous? Your reactions are what people seem to not be liking right now with Kevin and maybe Pythag.

You think he planned this far ahead?

Give me a bit before I get to this. I wanna get a feel for him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Tom Tom You wanna buddy and roll on some lynches?
uh yes

This doesn’t bug me like Marshys post did because this isn’t a veteran game, Tom is normally more helpful and friendly than Marshy, and part of me suspects this was bait to see how I’d react. I give Tom slight pro town points for this, like 0.2 points, which is more than any other posts
its copypasta and i hoped to rustle your jimmies youre not special or anything b-baka

You can vote me if you want, it's a mistake and you'll regret it however
phew

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
#HBC | Mac #HBC | Mac im not happy about our last game man its not your fault but honestly it stuck with me and i carried that weight into summer game 2 and Ryker and marshy tempered it and now it's a ****in weapon
yea dude i actually started feeling bad about how hard i was going on ya and tried to taper off but then it grew bigger than me

anyway everyone, i just found out im playin right before i was headed to bed so i wont read the thread (and the rules and stuff) till tmrw but apparently 3 day deadlines? thats some ****

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
You think he would make this kind of early hard play out the gate? You think this can stick on ya? Or are you nervous? Your reactions are what people seem to not be liking right now with Kevin and maybe Pythag.

You think he planned this far ahead?

Give me a bit before I get to this. I wanna get a feel for him.
He's already made a play, and I've made my judgement based off said play. To me he seems to want to steer the conversation early, and that screams suspicion to me.

Also yes I'm nervous, I have something to prove now especially with my bad play earlier.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame - Hey bud, ready to body this game? What is your approach to dealing with newer players that you don't have a lot of meta on that may be more inexperienced? More pressure? Less Pressure? Chainsaw them down let it all get sorted out later?

KevinM - Hey man, shame that @Swiss didn't want to play with you this game, tough luck I'm sure he'll come around. God you're so good at mafia its incredible.. how confirmed town are you gonna be this game? 10,000%? 15,000%? So high that Tom finally can't question it?

Rajam- Yooo, I like your style, coming and voting like that really got me feeling some type of wayyyy. What's your general strategy on D1, how are you going to help me win this game?

Maven89- You were INCREDIBLY inactive in the first attempt at a summer game this year, you wouldn't do that to me again would you? You like me to much and you like winning to much right? I'll probably be checking in with you a bunch just to see where your head is at so I don't have a pythag situation like last game.

Lore- So you're not going to spam the thread as much this time? God bless. Since you are going to be avoiding the large amounts of back and forths that you tend to clog the thread with how are you going to go about pressuring your scum reads that you ascertain through the game?

Pythag- God I can't wait to see revitalized Pythag taking some stances and swinging their crank around with me. Very exciting.. what is your game plan to assert yourself more in this game?

Z25- Welcome to mafia! Have you played before and I'm just being the old man yelling at clouds that didn't notice or is this your first game. Hope you feel better, conclusions can often be wrong and concussions can be worse.

Tom- Tom what percentage of town do I have to tell you I am this game so that you'll believe me and our hearts can soar to victory? 5000% wasn't enough last time and I thought it was pretty clear that I, KevinM, will never steer you wrong. Do I need to go further beyond? You had a hangup last game of not being confident enough to coerce town to band together on reads, how are you feeling coming into this game?

#HBC | Red Ryu- Long time no see bud, I'll inevitably get annoyed with the fact that I can't read you since you play dumb/scum better than anyone else.. even if it's probably not on purpose, so I'd like to take this moment and say MUAH missed you lets have ourselves some fun and win a game.

Brindor - Newbie Numba Twobie! Heya man, kinda gonna go with the same question here and say have you played before? If the answer is yes and its a game here then can you point me to the game, and if it's no, can you give me a quick answer of how you think you're going to be looking to catch a scumbucket.

Raxxel- Hey man welcome to the game, would you like to proxy your vote to mine today and be my handy dandy double vote? :)
there's way too much text in this post

vote: KevinM

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
****, that's rough. Take care of yourself, and take all the time you need.

Marshy vibes af from this post. I just can't remember if he was town when he did it. Will refresh myself later. I just feel auto-suspicious of early-advice posts that mention roles, but iirc that backfired last time with Marshy so I need to do a short reread.

Yup, I'll do my best lol. I really do want to improve.

How am I going to pressure my reads? Like this:

This feels forced. Vote: Raxxel

^Not a joke, since we have three-day phases.

Also I'm down to auto-lynch Maven if he's inactive again tbh. I feel like he has had to be replaced in the last two or three games he was in.
were you for inactive lynches in the summer bash game? i can't remember

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Votecount:

Raxxel: 4 (Rajam, Pythag, Lore, Red Ryu)
Maven89: 2 (KevinM, Tom)
Lore: 1 (Raxxel)
Red Ryu: 1 (Maven89)
KevinM: 1 (Mac)

Not voting: 3 (FrozenFlame, Z25, Brindol)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Last edited:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

define wrong

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
is this a joke post and if not mind telling me why they'd regret it?
I'm a town. If I die, that makes it easier for scum to control the vote.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
This doesn’t bug me like Marshys post did because this isn’t a veteran game, Tom is normally more helpful and friendly than Marshy, and part of me suspects this was bait to see how I’d react. I give Tom slight pro town points for this, like 0.2 points, which is more than any other posts
these two posts are weird to me - im pretty sure tom posted marshy's post verbatim... my dude even kept the Town JOAT part which is a role that's not even in this game. i can't tell if my sarcasm detectors are off but it seems like yall were takin it semi seriously?

Lore Lore how is it relevant at all to this game whether or not marshy was scum?

Maven89 Maven89 your post was just confusing cuz Tom didn't even mention you in it

anyway this is a decent start to a mafia game, the joke vote stage seemed to have come and went super fast. and then you got ppl like Raxxel already coming out with some seemingly real scumhunting analysis. the question is whether or not he got serious because the pressure was on him or for some other reason

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
yea but what if he's scum?
The response was to everyone in general. Now, if he is scum then yeah he absolutely has no reason to change his vote, especially since I'm the most voted right now.
these two posts are weird to me - im pretty sure tom posted marshy's post verbatim... my dude even kept the Town JOAT part which is a role that's not even in this game. i can't tell if my sarcasm detectors are off but it seems like yall were takin it semi seriously?

Lore Lore how is it relevant at all to this game whether or not marshy was scum?

Maven89 Maven89 your post was just confusing cuz Tom didn't even mention you in it

anyway this is a decent start to a mafia game, the joke vote stage seemed to have come and went super fast. and then you got ppl like Raxxel already coming out with some seemingly real scumhunting analysis. the question is whether or not he got serious because the pressure was on him or for some other reason
I got serious because I don't want to be the weakest link in a game like this. I was asked to start figuring out who could be scum, so I looked first at people who want me dead since scum would want a townie dead, and I looked at the individual behavior to decide who among them could be it. Rajam and Pythag seem to just be vote pressuring to play neutral. Red and Lore however gave more for me to look at, which is why my eyes are on them at the moment.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
kevin can live today cuz he made a good point about the fact that scum also has to scumhunt. though i don't think that point is really relevant until later on in the game

vote: Lore

Top Bottom