• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle & Lythium Present..Cook With Your Power!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
<3 coconut.Not a big fan of pineapples, but I don't hate them either. Lets see whatcha got!

I wish there was a way to send food through a monitor.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Like I said, the judges have an extensive (I can speak for lyth and I) of flavors and tastes. We will be going off our knowledge of tastes in order to predict the actual flavor of the dish. This is why it is so important that you tell us exactly how you made your dish.

Frown

poekmon
Like I said, the judges have an extensive (I can speak for lyth and I) of flavors and tastes. We will be going off our knowledge of tastes in order to predict the actual flavor of the dish. This is why it is so important that you tell us exactly how you made your dish.
I was actually thinking of cooking the stuff.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Haha, you could certainly do that, Frown. Unfortunately, I am a poor student. Lately, my diet has been consisting of croissants, Dr. Pepper, tea, and maple cookies.

I did have three Thanksgiving dinners though.

Kantō

Smash Champion
hmmm, this should be fun, as i do this for a living. ill post some of my specials i created from my restaraunt.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
So i was going to make chicken tempura and fried won ton skins as an example but my mom made chicken and dumplings so i dont have enough flour.

So fried wonton skins it is

itll show you how we want the format basically.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hahah silly canadians and their thanksgiving.

I also have insane excess of dough

so i think im going to make doughnut holes!

yay!

Kantō

Smash Champion
wow sweet cake. i made a cake recently modeled after the new nissan cube. (the car) it failed mostly because it was too hot and the cake melted on me, i had to finish making in my freezer, and it still looked like ****. very kool cake though man!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Before I decide on whether I enter (and win :p) or not I want some questions cleared:

- You say "be creative" but also pretty much base the whole "taste" section on your own imagination? That looks like a potential troublemaker to me. Last time I checked "being creative" requires you to be capable of a surprise, which in the realm of cooking can only be achieved by mixing unusual flavours or flavours that you wouldn't expect to fit. In the ideal case this would exceed your imagination of flavour and thus could result in you misjudging. No offense but I don't think your sense of taste is that sensitive that you can judge some erractive mixtures of taste that you possibly never even got to taste before.

- Point 1in the OP should be disregarded and not be taken into account when judging the quality of food in my opinion. In the central european cooking culture there is a saying: "A lazy cook is a good cook". Why should I try to create something extraordinary just because it's difficult to make when I could cook something better with a lot less effort? Cooking something that takes huge amounts of effort doesn't make the cook more or less skilled so I don't think this point should matter. There are many great cooking cultures that actually prefer the simple way - just look at the japanese kitchen! Raw fish is a lot more popular than some fancy made-up food. There's a good reason for that.

I don't mean to sound like a douchebag but if you really want to find out, who's the most "skilled" cook on SWF then you should take my point into consideration. I've been cooking ever since I was 12 (which is 8 years by now) and I NEVER had anybody tell me that I'm not a skilled cook because the meals I create aren't "complicated", which apparently equals "not skilled cooking" now. Since it's more or less a fun contest I will most likely join either way but this is just general advice for the judges. Fun goes first, I am aware of that but since it's also supposed to be a contest you should be open to critics.
A final note: I might have some troubles getting my pictures online because I'm very - well - unskilled in such matters. I might need help/advice when it comes to that.

The idea sounds like a good one to me and I expect it to be extermely fun. Due to my concerns I won't take it 100% serious though - I mean you can't even taste it the way I cooked it so the results are always distorted to some extent. Of course that doesn't mean that I won't try my best to prove that I am the best cook on SWF ;)

:059:

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I look forward to seeing how this turns out and I may even attempt to enter.

Also, I agree with Gheb.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hmm I agree with your point on the whole skill thing. Let me talk with Lythium when she jumps back online.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Did I ever tell you guys my dad was a professional cook?

Too bad he's a worthless crackhead son of a ***** now.

Probably lives in a cardboard box in Quebec.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Lythium and I are still discussing the judging rubrik.

This is indeed our beta run and we are aware that there need to be kinks worked out of it and we appreciate your feedback :)

On a second note, I had made fried won ton skins, but i was really hungry and ate them before i took a picture. When I realize what i had done i thought there was no point in taking a picture of 3 of them..so oops :(

highfive

Smash Lord
So you guys are saying I could make a beautiful candle lit dinner made of cardboard and I still may win?

I would make something simple like a bagel sandwich instead of a candle lit dinner though.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Rwar.

I cooked for the first time in about a week. Made a Lemon & Dill Chicken Orzo dish.

Where you all at.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Mmm, orzo is so good. Especially as a side dish.

I made a pumpkin pie yesterday, which is weird, since I'm not such a huge fan of pumpkin.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I pretty much made up my mind about what I'm going to cook. I'm not sure about the dessert yet but I'm sure I'll find something special ;)
Hopefully I will get my hands on a camera to take the pics and be able to get them up. I don't own a camera but I'm sure a friend of mine will lend me hers. Once I've taken care of it I will put all my creativity and effort into this contest.

:059:

Top Bottom