• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jungle Beatdown - Birmingham, AL - 3/27/10 - ENTRY FEES RAISED

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Neutral:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
(frozen) Pokemon Stadium 2
(frozen) Pictochat
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
(frozen) Warioware
Castle Siege
Delfino
Is there anyway we can not use this for the B+ tournament. Lylat, Halberd, and PS1 are def not good for Neutrals. could i suggest using my tourney set? Ill post them if you dont want to look for them.

oh and also about the entry fees

just make singles 10 and doubles 10 per team. I think thats a great idea. since singles is a bigger event anyway.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Zero, entry fee for smash singles has to be raised. You're looking at losing like half of the smashers because of it. :<

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Heeeeey

having that noone will be using Zero's Computer, lets see if we can pull up the HERB stream. :D

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Zero is there anyway you can house me and possibly a few others friday night? i would like to come and chill with you guys before the tournament. Possibly get some games in too.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Not liking the stage setup, you guys should go with KO's setup. Also, please raise the entry fee. Im thinking about coming to this.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Not liking the stage setup, you guys should go with KO's setup. Also, please raise the entry fee. Im thinking about coming to this.
you better come ( and bring the other guys too) so i can win my money back. Pit vs Ganon $20 3/5 not in tournament this time though lol

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Is there anyway we can not use this for the B+ tournament. Lylat, Halberd, and PS1 are def not good for Neutrals. could i suggest using my tourney set? Ill post them if you dont want to look for them.

oh and also about the entry fees

just make singles 10 and doubles 10 per team. I think thats a great idea. since singles is a bigger event anyway.

At many Brawl+ tournaments that was the stage list, athough I admit I played on earlier builds so I'm probably behind the times. I'll let Matt4300 be the one to talk to about stages since he knows more about the B+ metagame than I do.

Zero is there anyway you can house me and possibly a few others friday night? i would like to come and chill with you guys before the tournament. Possibly get some games in too.

YESSSSS. You can over anytime. I have no classes on Fridays and I love giant smashfests on Fridays.

Zero, entry fee for smash singles has to be raised. You're looking at losing like half of the smashers because of it. :<
Well, it's only a day or so before the tournament, but fine, I'll cave and raise the fees. Especially since EVERYONE wants it raised (even the scubs like Kola and Elev8)

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well, it's only a day or so before the tournament, but fine, I'll cave and raise the fees. Especially since EVERYONE wants it raised (even the scubs like Kola and Elev8)
Honestly I would rather the lower fees because I am entering the majority of the events and probably won't see any cash return ._.

plus gas

you guys better freaking appreciate this because I'm suddenly remembering why I stopped going to tourneys

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Zero forgot to edit door fees--for this tournament there will be NO door fee.
however, that doesnt mean that EVERY tournament we host will not have a door fee.
wdk,
--SMASHFEST FRIDAY AT Zeros--
actually MLEsis'
around 530? need time to get 'venue' ready.

WINNAR- WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!
NO! fees are raised...

just like men,
you give 'em what they want and they decide they dont want it anymore.

tournament is as stands--no door fee, higher entry fee, no stage change (only B+ as dictated by Matt4300), and walk in registration.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
At many Brawl+ tournaments that was the stage list, athough I admit I played on earlier builds so I'm probably behind the times. I'll let Matt4300 be the one to talk to about stages since he knows more about the B+ metagame than I do.

YESSSSS. You can over anytime. I have no classes on Fridays and I love giant smashfests on Fridays.
Did you look at the stage list for Pound 4? like the SSE Jungle stage? that stage is flippin amazing for doubles and decent for singles. but yeah ill talk to him about stages i guess.

Also we will probably head out around 5pm friday (hopefully) and may get there around 8-9
im pumped now.

Honestly I would rather the lower fees because I am entering the majority of the events and probably won't see any cash return ._.

plus gas

you guys better freaking appreciate this because I'm suddenly remembering why I stopped going to tourneys
qq

lol jk

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol idk I'm dumb sometimes

sleep deprivation makes a guy a little crazy

anyway I was wrong before because I'm going to win every event I enter except b+ singles because KO will be there with that amazing yoshi but at least I'll get second yeahuhhhh

Sorry guys but I'm gonna be takin yo monies

oh btw mle lol didn't mean to confuse you, but what I meant is that we have to have higher entry fees due to popular demand, but that my personal preference would be to lose as little money as possible (and play as many people/games as possible too)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i always get bad vibes before zero tourneys.

and im pretty in tune with my enviroment.

drop the games.

stop making these things for your own gaming pleasure only and doing complete and absurd things liek advertising all the games that you own and like to play as a tournament.

if i have tournaments at my dorm expect cooking mama and beer pong.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I hate beer, BUT BEER PONG IS TOO FUN! Thanks for raising fees Jason :D I'll definitely be here! As we mentioned earlier, i'm all in favor of 4th place getting some money for placing. I've never played brawl+~ but i play like every character in vbrawl~ if i want to play brawl + who should i play? does yoshi play the same in +????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I hate beer, BUT BEER PONG IS TOO FUN! Thanks for raising fees Jason :D I'll definitely be here! As we mentioned earlier, i'm all in favor of 4th place getting some money for placing. I've never played brawl+~ but i play like every character in vbrawl~ if i want to play brawl + who should i play? does yoshi play the same in +????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
yoshi plays like a mixture of his brawl and melee counterparts. He has DJC but its optional instead of like in melee you have to do it. Yoshi has had a lot of changes. Like his egg roll refreshes his second jump so he has a legit recovery. He is a pressure monster. Though he is still yoshi and still has some major flaws. He is amazing fun. Do not play him in doubles. It will only lead to disappointment (i know i main yoshi)

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
yoshi plays like a mixture of his brawl and melee counterparts. He has DJC but its optional instead of like in melee you have to do it. Yoshi has had a lot of changes. Like his egg roll refreshes his second jump so he has a legit recovery. He is a pressure monster. Though he is still yoshi and still has some major flaws. He is amazing fun. Do not play him in doubles. It will only lead to disappointment (i know i main yoshi)
Thanks for the info~ i think i'll try yoshi in brawl+

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah dude.
the double jump cancelling can be tricky i guess.

dude b plus is tight, elev8.

idk if youll like it more than brawl but i guarentee you will at least have some fun playing it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Slam, you ignored my post about oversaturation of games.

I said that the majority of those ARE ONLY POSSIBILITIES. There is only a large enough community in Alabama for Smash, SF IV, Blazblue, and Tekken 6.

Also, fighting games NOT named Smash (including Melee) end a looot faster. Stalling tactics aren't always legit in them and timing out the clock is only 99 seconds as opposed to 8 minutes.

As I said before, I don't think there's anything to worry about. Rest assured, we'll still be able to end on time.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Slam, you ignored my post about oversaturation of games.

I said that the majority of those ARE ONLY POSSIBILITIES. There is only a large enough community in Alabama for Smash, SF IV, Blazblue, and Tekken 6.

Also, fighting games NOT named Smash (including Melee) end a looot faster. Stalling tactics aren't always legit in them and timing out the clock is only 99 seconds as opposed to 8 minutes.

As I said before, I don't think there's anything to worry about. Rest assured, we'll still be able to end on time.
im pumped now that im able to go to this. we should be headed out for bham around 530ish

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
If VTS and I come tonight, can we get housing?
two people? we're expecting about 3 others in from tn, i dont mind. as long as youre ok with
a. doubling up on beds
b.sleeping on the floor
c. sleeping on the worst loveseat ever

if you do, bring pillow and blanket
i ask two things:
dont f*ck up my apt
and
put that d*mn lid down!

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Kokingpin, mr. pickle, and dang, the first guy to tell me his name...have arrived. pre-tournament smashfest still continues.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay what the hell

what

the HELL

I just woke up and my throat is on fire. I don't think this is allergies.

Probably am not coming tomorrow

**** -_-

Winnar

Smash Lord
Well I might as well confirm that I'm not coming. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight (I haven't been able to so far) and I am pretty sure this is a virus since my roommate has been sick and I felt perfectly fine yesterday and some of the symptoms are more virusy than sinusy

sorry guys ;-;

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well I might as well confirm that I'm not coming. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight (I haven't been able to so far) and I am pretty sure this is a virus since my roommate has been sick and I felt perfectly fine yesterday and some of the symptoms are more virusy than sinusy

sorry guys ;-;
D: Winnar

: ( but we had awesome things planned. Hope you feel better.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I'm headed over there... should be there in an hour 30mins probley... Is it at the same apartment?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yep Matt It's the same one.

I'm not sure when I'll be there, but I'll get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom