• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 14th Direct Expectations

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Okay so it's safe to assume Lucas, the Miiverse stage, Splatoon Mii costumes and a patch to the game doesn't warrant itself a direct on its own. And given that Lucas already had his introduction video in a past direct, we are 100% guaranteed a new character trailer. Now since this is the season for ultimate speculation, there is absolutely no harm in doing so.

I believe Sakurai has some big announcements for the game. New characters, stages and modes and guaranteed at this point. So here is a list of what I think is realistic for Sunday.

• Character trailer for Roy.
  • Character trailer for Wolf.
  • Announcement that DLC characters are still on their way.
  • Info that Roy will be available later this month.
  • Wolf will be available in July.
  • General info about the update for later that day.
  • Lucas clips.
  • Splatoon Mii outfit clips.
  • Miiverse stage shown off, and the gimmick to it is explained.
  • Tourny mode is finally revealed.
  • Other modes introduced that I can't think of. (maybe break the targets?)
  • General game balances and such are noted, but not specified (that's as realistic as possible)
  • Announcement of stage DLC.
  • Packs will be separated into 4 categories: 64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U/3DS.
  • Each of those packs contains 3 stages from that game (Wii U stages for 3DS, 3DS for Wii U)
  • The Wii U/3DS stage pack will be available that day, with the others coming later.
  • Wii U stage pack for the 3DS includes: Pilot Wings, Duck Hunt, WIi Fit Studio.
  • 3DS stage pack for the Wii U includes: Magicant, Mute City, Balloon Fight.
  • Brawl stage pack for 3DS includes: Smashville, Bridge of Eldin, Luigi's Mansion
  • Brawl stage pack for Wii U includes: Pirate Ship, New Pork City, Yoshi's Island
  • Melee stage pack for 3DS includes: Fountain of Dreams, Onett, Yoshi's Island
  • Melee stage pack for Wii U includes: Big Blue, Corneria, Fountain of Dreams
  • 64 stage pack for 3DS includes: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Kongo Jungle
  • 64 stage pack for Wii U includes: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle
  • Brawl pack available later in June, Melee in early July, 64 in late July.
  • Future stage DLC packs will be coming.
  • Each stage comes with an appropriate music selection, and some even with brand new songs.
  • Quick trailer showing all the stage bosses and hazards.
  • Option to turn off stage hazards (similar to how they are played in 8 player mode)
  • More Mii fighter costumes coming.
  • Info on upcoming Smash amiibo.
  • R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt and Falco revealed to be coming this fall.
  • Announcement that Mii Fighters will not have amiibo.
  • Reminder that DLC characters will have amiibo later.
  • Ends with character trailer for Dixie Kong.
  • Announce that she is coming later this summer.

Smash info during E3 Digital Event:

• Trailer for the winner of the Smash character poll: King K. Rool
  • King. K Rool coming this fall.
  • Ryu trailer with Street Fighter stage.
  • He will be available this fall.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Lucas, Miiverse, and Splatoon costumes are guaranteed, the rest is a surprise!!
Literally, one cannot predict Sakurai!

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
Can I make a non smash bros e3 spec?? k good
"The Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time" on Wii U Virtual Console

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Tiny amount of time talking about Lucas, the Miiverse stage and the Inkling costumes; then Ryu and Roy announcement, with Suzaku Castle stage.. Talk in depth about them; so the Tournament Mode is announced to be coming with the characters as well.. give to us a release window for those; maybe a comment how well the Ballot is going (with not much more than that) and done.

but I'm pretty sure that's already a thread to discuss it; '-'

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Lucas, Splatoon costumes and Miiverse are obvious, but we can all come to the conclusion there is no Ballot character to be revealed. I can see Wolf being revealed, if not at the Direct, at E3.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Definitely you're expecting too much. I expect what's already been leaked, plus a couple of surprises. And if they're going to announce some sort of season pass (which I hope) no way they're revealing it's content right away.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
I would love a lot of the stuff mentioned but If you think that's realistic your gonna be very disappointed.

My Prediction: 99% stuff about Lucas and other minor things, mentions tournament mode. At the end Sakurai will tease a new character and tell us to tune in to the Digital Event to find out who the character is going to be.

Last edited:

ynglink

Smash Rookie
NNID
ynglink
- Obvious Lucas Information
- More Miiverse stage Info
- Trailer showing off Mewtwo and Lucas have Customs! (Please!)
- Talking about future non-character content (Levels, customs, modes?)
- End with "A Challenger Approaches" Screen with the character shadow'd out, teasing for E3

Of these the only one I don't see happening that I'd really want to happen is the DLC characters having customs. Please, do this. Make the customs of these characters unique so even if they are clone'd movesets, the customs would be unique and let them not feel like the same character. This will help justify purchasing "new" characters that are basically tweaked clones of others.

Yes, before anyone says it, I know you cannot play the clones the same way (Ganondorf vs. Cpt. Falcon, Roy vs. Marth, Dr Mario vs. Mario). I just feel that these characters need more to justify the ~$5 per character when these are already made characters and are just needing rebalanced. We don't pay for the patches, so give me something that doesn't feel like it was just "patched" in that I'm paying for. I do also want to see returning characters (Mewtwo is a great example, also Snake would be great), but please not just clones from here on.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
- Sakurai starts off the direct with a reminder that Lucas is available right after the direct.
-Along with that, also goes into details on the miiverse stage.
-Finally, tells what the update includes (Character balance, more 8-player smash stages, etc.).
-Information on new Mii fighter DLC skins, plus the splatoon outfit and the K.K Rider skin. The release date is given right after.
-Last amiibo wave for the main roster (Falco, Mr.Game and Watch, R.O.B, and Duck Hunt).
-Announcement for DLC stages. 2-3 stages for 3DS and Wii U are then shown off. Released sometime later.
-Finally, the reveal of the next DLC character (Ryu/Roy, or another character entirely). Release is given right after.
-Direct is then over.

I'd say this is the most reasonable information to expect.

kylexv

Smash Master
I doubt that 1 character, 1 stage, and 3 costumes is enough for a 15-20 minute direct, so I expect something new to be revealed. Maybe a character, a few stages, who knows?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
- Sakurai starts off the direct with a reminder that Lucas is available right after the direct.
-Along with that, also goes into details on the miiverse stage.
-Finally, tells what the update includes (Character balance, more 8-player smash stages, etc.).
-Information on new Mii fighter DLC skins, plus the splatoon outfit and the K.K Rider skin. The release date is given right after.
-Last amiibo wave for the main roster (Falco, Mr.Game and Watch, R.O.B, and Duck Hunt).
-Announcement for DLC stages. 2-3 stages for 3DS and Wii U are then shown off. Released sometime later.
-Finally, the reveal of the next DLC character (Ryu/Roy, or another character entirely). Release is given right after.
-Direct is then over.

I'd say this is the most reasonable information to expect.
I really hope you're right about the amiibo bit, I've been waiting for Falco and he ends up in the very last wave ;-;

It seems like everyone has similar expectations going into this direct: Miiverse, Lucas, Tournament mode, and Roy/Ryu/New Character. Personally I hope they announce a character balance patch, with mostly buffs to the lower tier characters (and no, not because I'm a Falco main but because a lot of characters need it).

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't care about anything else, but for the love of all things Jiggly, give me Wolf!

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
We're 100% guaranteed a new character. Smash Bros. directs are 2/2 for new character announcements (Greninja for the 1st, Mewtwo for 50 fact extravaganza).
I cannot see any reason for them to hold a direct without focusing on some big news.
Lucas will just be mentioned, briefly, Miiverse stage will probably take a minute and a half tops to introduce and explain, so that leaves plenty of time for a lot more information.
I can see the direct being no shorter than 20 minutes.

Something big is coming. There is absolutely no reason for them to hold a direct if that wasn't the case.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
This is not a Direct though. It's a "presentation". And we don't even know how long it'll be, I see everyone saying 20 minutes but how do you know?

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I like going into these with as little bias or expectation as possible. I just want to be surprised! I'm sure Mr. Sakurai will deliver as always.

A character trailer would really blow me away. But at this point I'm actually more interested in stages. The roster is stacked, IMO.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I just want more of the stuff I love

More everything. So happy we finally have a smash game that gets regular updates and DLC. ITs heaven

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I expect to see at least 1 new character and hopefully release dates for the remaining Smash amiibos, including Mewtwo and Lucas.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok simple

First he will talk about lucas and tells us to go get him after the direct.

The miiverse stage now thats finally coming out. (In the patch and no download required peobably.) (ps i hope it plays like the pichat stages from brawl and 3DS.)

And the splatoon alts

And he talks about other dlc coming (stages, modes custom parts you name it.) (but in a preview trailer simular to the 3ds one at E3 2014)

And ofcoarse the trailer for dlc character number 3 (which is moat likely either ryu or roy or wolf, if none of the 3 then a character from ballot or a unexspected character.)

Oh one more thing im going to wager we the trailer for dlc character number 4 somewhere in the digital direct right after this.

(Before you really doubt me on this the digital direct in 2014 had a character trailer at the begining. (The miis.) and one at the end (palutena.) and later on in something else (not the direct) a third character trailer. (Pac-man) this is a theory)

Oh and as for the no way we are getting a ballot character revealed post

Are you new here?

Because first of all after all the years of smash you cannot predict the man (he even threw a curveball at gemusatu on him being wrong about chrom.)

And second of all you do relize suggestions are going to nintendo just as fast as the mint making money (sort of and opinion.) in other words i'm sure theres so many votes he may show one of top 3 being confirmed for dlc

(And like i said before he may show someone else with low amount of votes/someone we did not exspect at all.)

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm not usually one to make predictions, since I love being surprised. But I think I'll make an exception today.

First off, I expect there will be Mii costumes besides the Splatoon ones in the Lucas patch.
Secondly, I expect something amiibo related.

That's it.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
I just want to see a new dlc character announcement like Wolf. Maybe some information on who is currently winning the smash ballot or something like that. I am most excited for a tournament mode announcement in this announcement. I don't have many high hopes for really groundbreaking things to come from this announcement.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
It wasn't a leak. It was data found in the newest update. And what sources do you have that prove it's fake? Are you also able to dump game data?
what actual proof do you have that it's real tho? the victory themes can be easily faked and created by anyone who has experience. so there is no proof to it

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Direct starts, Sakurai appears

Hello, everyone. I'm Masahiro Sakurai, and I'm here to talk about some important information regarding DLC. Please, have a look at this.

A trailer is shown

Yes, we're bringing back Young Link and Pichu. I feel these characters have a special place in many players hearts. Also, we're bringing back Hanenbow from Brawl, and a brand new stage: 25m from the classic Donkey Kong arcade.

Finally, I'd like to announce that the Smash Ballot has been canceled due to too many requests of Ridley, Shrek and Goku. Thank you for viewing.

Wild Iwata appears

Please understand.

Direct ends

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
what actual proof do you have that it's real tho? the victory themes can be easily faked and created by anyone who has experience. so there is no proof to it
The reason I believe it's real is because the person who found the files isn't the ONLY person who has tools for dumping files. Someone else who can dump files definitely would have disproved the leak shortly after it was posted. Since no one who has dumping capabilities has disproved it, it must be real.

ynglink

Smash Rookie
NNID
ynglink
I would be completely fine with Pichu returning to Sm4sh. With the new Rage mechanic and the introduction of customs (assuming they add some to the DLC characters...which they should) I think Pichu would be different enough in playstyle than Pikachu. Just please, give me some customs to change up the clone characters (Lucas, Roy, Pichu) and I will buy them up, no questions asked! :)

Though I always preferred Pichu over Pikachu in Melee cause, speed reasons.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Okay so it's safe to assume Lucas, the Miiverse stage, Splatoon Mii costumes and a patch to the game doesn't warrant itself a direct on its own. And given that Lucas already had his introduction video in a past direct, we are 100% guaranteed a new character trailer. Now since this is the season for ultimate speculation, there is absolutely no harm in doing so.

I believe Sakurai has some big announcements for the game. New characters, stages and modes and guaranteed at this point. So here is a list of what I think is realistic for Sunday.

• Character trailer for Roy.
  • Character trailer for Wolf.
  • Announcement that DLC characters are still on their way.
  • Info that Roy will be available later this month.
  • Wolf will be available in July.
  • General info about the update for later that day.
  • Lucas clips.
  • Splatoon Mii outfit clips.
  • Miiverse stage shown off, and the gimmick to it is explained.
  • Tourny mode is finally revealed.
  • Other modes introduced that I can't think of. (maybe break the targets?)
  • General game balances and such are noted, but not specified (that's as realistic as possible)
  • Announcement of stage DLC.
  • Packs will be separated into 4 categories: 64, Melee, Brawl, Wii U/3DS.
  • Each of those packs contains 3 stages from that game (Wii U stages for 3DS, 3DS for Wii U)
  • The Wii U/3DS stage pack will be available that day, with the others coming later.
  • Wii U stage pack for the 3DS includes: Pilot Wings, Duck Hunt, WIi Fit Studio.
  • 3DS stage pack for the Wii U includes: Magicant, Mute City, Balloon Fight.
  • Brawl stage pack for 3DS includes: Smashville, Bridge of Eldin, Luigi's Mansion
  • Brawl stage pack for Wii U includes: Pirate Ship, New Pork City, Yoshi's Island
  • Melee stage pack for 3DS includes: Fountain of Dreams, Onett, Yoshi's Island
  • Melee stage pack for Wii U includes: Big Blue, Corneria, Fountain of Dreams
  • 64 stage pack for 3DS includes: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Kongo Jungle
  • 64 stage pack for Wii U includes: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Peach's Castle
  • Brawl pack available later in June, Melee in early July, 64 in late July.
  • Future stage DLC packs will be coming.
  • Each stage comes with an appropriate music selection, and some even with brand new songs.
  • Quick trailer showing all the stage bosses and hazards.
  • Option to turn off stage hazards (similar to how they are played in 8 player mode)
  • More Mii fighter costumes coming.
  • Info on upcoming Smash amiibo.
  • R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt and Falco revealed to be coming this fall.
  • Announcement that Mii Fighters will not have amiibo.
  • Reminder that DLC characters will have amiibo later.
  • Ends with character trailer for Dixie Kong.
  • Announce that she is coming later this summer.

Smash info during E3 Digital Event:

• Trailer for the winner of the Smash character poll: King K. Rool
  • King. K Rool coming this fall.
  • Ryu trailer with Street Fighter stage.
  • He will be available this fall.
you know its probably only 20 minutes

Khao

Smash Lord
This is not a Direct though. It's a "presentation". And we don't even know how long it'll be, I see everyone saying 20 minutes but how do you know?
Lucas gets released at 8:00

Presentation starts at 7:40

Nothing has been confirmed, but the idea is that Lucas will be available just as the presentation ends. The timing's just too perfect for that not to be the case. It's only logical to think that the presentation happens exactly 20 minutes before the new update because the presentation lasts 20 minutes.

I mean, it makes more sense to end the presentation with "The new update is now available, go download it!" than "The new update will be available in 15 minutes!" doesn't it?

Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
Dunno. Then again, this news is a thing, so...
That was before the Mewtwo update, which came with a lot of balance changes.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect balance updates each time we get a new character. Sakurai himself has said before that adding characters is extra hard the more characters you already have in the game, because you actually have to go back and tweak old ones.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
That was before the Mewtwo update, which came with a lot of balance changes.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect balance updates each time we get a new character. Sakurai himself has said before that adding characters is extra hard the more characters you already have in the game, because you actually have to go back and tweak old ones.
Huh. Well, as long as they make regular Samus better, I won't mind, I guess.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
If Wolf and/or Roy are not revealed Sunday I promise I won't watch the Game of Thrones finale live as it airs.
That's basically torture.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
okay then, please link me the person you're talking about
/quote]
I'm not talking about anyone specifically. I'm just saying that no one with dumping abilities has disproved it yet. Do you REALLY think no one atleast TRIED to dump the files besides that ONE guy? That would just be stupid, buddy. Now, as soon as you dump the files from the newest update and you don't find the files in question, I'll believe you. Oh? What's that? You don't KNOW how to dump files? Aw well that's to bad! Looks like you don't have any credibility!
[

Top Bottom