• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 29, 2014] KENTUCKY SMASH CHAMPIONSHIP 2!!!!!!!!!! (LOUISVILLE, KY)

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Parallel Worlds Gaming and Louisville's Melee/ Project M scene proudly presents...

After its surprising success last winter, The Kentucky Smash Championship makes a return.
General Information:
  • Located at Parallel Worlds Gaming - 9870 Linn Station Rd, Louisville, Kentucky
  • Date: June 29, 2014
  • One day event which runs from 10:30 AM until Midnight
  • Organized by KellyK and Goodin
  • Results of this event will be included in the upcoming Kentucky PRs for Melee and Project M
  • Locations for food near venue: Subway, Skyline Chili, Kroger, and various sit-in restaurants
  • Event will be streamed at twitch.tv/goodin_
  • Sets are best 2/3 until winners / losers semis and onward which are best 3/5

Events:
  • Melee Singles
  • Melee Doubles
  • Project M Singes
  • Project M Doubles

Registry Fees:
  • Venue: $5 (Free if you bring a TV and set up. $3 if you bring one or the other.)
  • Melee Singles: $10
  • Melee Doubles per team: $15
  • Project M Singles: $10
  • Project M Doubles per team: $15
Payout:
  • Singles
    1st: 50%
    2nd: 25%
    3rd: 15%
    4th: 10$
  • Doubles
    1st: 60%
    2nd: 30%
    3rd: 10%
Schedule:
  • The event will run around a few key points in the schedule
  • Times with indicated with *** are estimates which rely on how quickly the events before it finish.
  • 10:30 AM - Doors open and set up
  • 11:30 AM - Registration for Melee/Project M doubles ends
  • Noon - Doubles for both games begin
  • *** 2:00 PM - Registration for Melee Singles ends
  • *** 2:30 PM - Melee Singles Pools start as Doubles approaches last few matches
  • *** 4:30 PM - Melee Bracket begins and Project M Singles registration begins
  • *** 6:30 PM - Project M Singles begins (No pools due to player overlap and time restraints)
  • if there is extra time after after Project M Singles, it can be used for friendlies/ crew battles/ etc.
  • Midnight - Venue Closes GGs
Other Important Rules and Information:
  • PWG is being very generous for allowing us to use the venue. Be respectful by throwing away trash and having good conduct and sportsmanship. The venue is also the central meeting place of Louisville's Melee and PM scene and we do not want to make a mess of it.
  • You are expected to play when you are called to your match. Brackets being held up due to players not showing up for their matches was a problem last time and a 15 minute disqualification rule will fall into action this time around. If you need to go do something while a bracket which you are in is being played, notify one of the Tournament Organizers and we will do what we can to make sure your match is delayed or worked in early.
  • WE ABSOLUTELY NEED NO LESS THAN 12 SET UPS. 16 WOULD BE OPTIMAL. IF YOU INTEND TO BRING A SET UP PLEASE MAKE A POST ABOUT IT SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK. PLEASE BRING A SET UP!
  • No Johns
  • Have Fun

Last edited:

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
MachoGeebsRandySavage will for sure be at this and I wont have school so I can actually get some good practice in before hand. I predict an unholy run through the doubles bracket made by Debs and myself.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I am gonna reformat the OP and make it look pretty. Unfortunately I am gonna have to remove a lot of the stuff from your post but it will look good when i'm done. I want this thread to look clean.

Also remove the excessive exclamations from the title.

Last edited:

Debs

Smash Rookie
MachoGeebsRandySavage will for sure be at this and I wont have school so I can actually get some good practice in before hand. I predict an unholy run through the doubles bracket made by Debs and myself.
Hell yeah we will! Melee and P:M, these scrubs won't know what hit them.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Really Guys! Why can't it be on the 28th? I'll be leaving for myrtle beach that Sunday. This sucks

Rizner

Smash Ace
Just saw this was on a Sunday. Not sure if my car can make it out -- we all work during the week. Will let you know once the date gets closer.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Yea Sunday is only day owner will let us do all day tourneys but hey nothing wrong with missing a couple hours of sleep for smash!!! Right???

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
As of right now, I can guarantee one setup, but it's more than likely that I will be able to muster up more in the coming weeks.

Mook7

Smash Rookie
Have the other tournaments for the KY power rankings been determined yet? I'm getting hype just thinking about it.

dr3wski

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've never been to a Smash tourney before. I'm pretty good, but not tourney material. Is there anyway I could just come and play friendlies?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Hey guys, I've never been to a Smash tourney before. I'm pretty good, but not tourney material. Is there anyway I could just come and play friendlies?
Yah that is perfectly fine, venue fee covers friendlies. I strongly recommend entering one event at least if you have the money. You will get better by playing in tournament and no one was ever tourney material by the time they entered their first event. The experience alone should be well worth your 10 dollars and pools will guarantee you at least 5 sets each being best of 3. Worth!

Placebo

Smash Rookie
I'm by no means tournament material, but I really want the experience, as I'm very new to the scene. I'll be there with at least a set up. Thanks for organizing this!

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Yes the tournament is still at parallel on the 29th we just don't have a weekly fight night spot parallel anymore because they are doing card games on saturdays there

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hmm... Sadly I have to be at work at 7AM on that Monday.

I don't know that I'll be able to make it based on how late the last one of these went. :\

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dr x good thing is the venue closes at 10 pm so we have to be done and out by then so we're going to be trying to move extremely quick and possibly dropping a doubles event if more ppl want pm than we will drop melee dubs vice versa but you could make it home by midnight we have to be gone at 10 Iddidn't realize it until like 2 days ago

Top Bottom