• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jun 28, 2014] Farmers Fight: A Project M Monthly (Bryan)

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman

College Station Monthly
June 28, 2014
College Station, TX

Hosted by: G-Rabbit
< Schedule >
Venue opens at 10:00 AM! If bringing a setup, please be present by 11:00 AM. I have all the study rooms reserved in the main office building. Take the Computer Lab entrance (across from Apartment 1). The key code is 8469.
Tournament Schedule

***Registration for each event will end 20 minutes prior to the event***
12:00PM| PM Doubles Doubles begins
3:00PM| PM Singles Pools begin
Important: Free Pizza Lunch Break Before Singles Bracket!!!

6:00PM| PM Singles begins
  • Registration for all events and venue fee collection will start at 11:00 AM and end 20 minutes prior to each respective event.
  • Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
  • Full setups must arrive before 11:00 AM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.
< Entry Info >
Venue Fee: $5 per person (waived for a full setup)
Project M Singles: $10 per person
Project M Doubles: $10 per team

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament and bring the following.
What to Bring:
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above)
2. Your own controller (GameCube controller)

If you bring a full setup for any game, we will refund your $5 venue fee (must be there by noon for the refund).
A full Project M setup is a CRT TV, Wii, Brawl disc, and SD card with PM v3.02 AND the Farmers Fight common5.pac (found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/is90yzu5867qepy/common5.pac ).

Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

< Rules >
Project M Ruleset:
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
  • Items OFF and set to NONE
  • Buffer OFF
  • All sets are best of 3, except finals which are best of 5
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
  • You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Gigabowser is Banned.
Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion ("121" in Doubles):
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
  3. First player strikes the next two stages.
  4. Second player strikes one stage.
  5. Players play on remaining stage
Starters
  • Battlefield
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Final Destination
  • Smashville
  • Dreamland
  • Fountain of Dreams (Singles Starter / Doubles Counterpick)
  • Yoshi's Story (Singles Starter / Doubles Counterpick)
Counterpicks
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Warioware
  • Greenhill Zone
  • Skyworld
  • Dracula's Castle
  • Distant Planet
After each match:
  1. Winner announces THREE stage bans, these bans lasts for 1 round.
  2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
  3. Winner chooses their character
  4. Loser chooses their character
Additional Rules:
  • Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
  • Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
  • Sudden Death: If a match ends with both players dying at the exact same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock, 3:00 minute rematch will be played out on the same stage.
  • Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Performance altering controller modifications(Turbo/Macro buttons) are not allowed.
Doubles-Specific Rules:
  • Life stealing is allowed
  • Friendly Fire is turned ON
Placings in Singles Pools are determined based on:
1. Number of sets won
2. Winning percentage in games (win/loss ratio)
3. Head-to-head winner

Code of Conduct:
  • All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
  • No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
  • No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
  • Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers.

If you have any questions, need housing, or need help finding the venue, please call me at (979) 758-2174 or reply on this thread.

Last edited:

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
wheres metal cavern in that counterpicks list!!! :(

i'll try to make it out.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Any word on which streams, if any, will be making it out, Garreth? I'd love to grab the mic more often because I, like everyone else, love hearing my wonderful commentary whenever possible.

Also, Gent, Houston vs. Cstat crew battle if enough of you guys make it out? Maybe Cstat will be able to roll both Austin and H-town.

Last edited:

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Any word on which streams, if any, will be making it out, Garreth? I'd love to grab the mic more often because I, like everyone else, love hearing my wonderful commentary whenever possible.

Also, Gent, Houston vs. Cstat crew battle if enough of you guys make it out? Maybe Cstat will be able to roll both Austin and H-town.
No word on streams right now. The internet situation may be bleak, so we may have to stick to local recordings. I'll see what I can do.

Empty197

Smash Rookie
I go to Texas A&M too and I'd like to enter singles. I've never played in a tournament before, but I looking forward to playing people who are more than likely better than me!

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
If i can get housing i'll probably drive up to this. It only seems fair after college station always comes down for the San Antonio tournaments. :3

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
UPDATE: If we have more than 50 entrants for PM singles, I will most likely switch to bracket pools and definitely increase payouts to top 4 (maybe 6).

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Team Doin A Thang confirmed. Say goodye to your doubles money, y'all. #sorrynotsorry
That is if they don't Donkeycide themselves out of Winner's Bracket again :)

Mofro and I will definitely be there and more than likely we will have a carpool of Houston's finest.
Apparently Grime has set up a money match between me and this Mofro fella and it's imperative that we Ganon ditto

If you make it out, I will put it on the counterpicks list.

EDIT: And it will replace Skyworld
This stagelist just became more Ganon-friendly

Last edited:

Kuranen

Smash Rookie
A few friends and I are looking to come to this. One will be a freshman at A&M this fall, so maybe he'll like you guys in BCS enough to come back.

CnB | Chandy

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good to me!
Scooby Stephen for Best Ganon in Texas? You should play axiom while you're there, just run the gauntlet of Ganon challengers.

I think this tourney should definitely be called Ganondome instead of Farmers Fight. Then we can have Ganondome II: Electric Boogaloo, followed by Ganondome III: Beyond Thunderstomp.

Last edited:

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
The best pocket Ganon in cstat will not be in attendance, so take any Ganon RR results with a grain of salt :p

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I might have to have a small side event to determine best Ganon. Hmmmm.

A few friends and I are looking to come to this. One will be a freshman at A&M this fall, so maybe he'll like you guys in BCS enough to come back.
Hope to see you guys there! I'm sure you'll friend will love us, because we have one of the friendlies Smash scenes in Texas.

Top Bottom