• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jumping with Motorcycle (not off)

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I was just playing with Wario a few minutes ago and I jumped with the motorcycle.

Is that an "Unorthodox" move? It has only happened once to me, so it may be a glitch. But when I jumped with it, I jumped higher than my normal single jump. It was almost like a double jump height.

Another thing I noticed...do you remember how to do Melee Sheik's special edge vanish technique? The one where you make it look like you are running off the stage but do an UpB right as you leave the edge and you can do 2 vanish attacks? Well...I noticed I was on the edge with Wario when I was able to jump with his bike.

Man, if we can jump with motocycle...that will help a LOT.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
If this sort of thing can be pulled off consistantly, than it'll be **** cool.

Do you remember the circumstances in which this happened?

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I was in training mode...training with Wario. Using the Motorcycle for fun. I just went back right now to see if I could do it again. I couldn't.

All i remember was he was close to the left edge of the new Battlfield Stage. And I was in the middle of doing a wheelie before I jumped.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I did this thing a few times on FD too, but I wounder how it works.

Sy3

Smash Cadet
Happend to me, i THINK that it's the weelie, then you keep trying to hop offand you jump when you hit the edge of a stage, try it out see what happens.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Does it look something like this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IyHwNNI6dH8 at 1:52?

I believe what's happening is the Bike gets a small lift from the bump near the edge of Yoshi's Story. It then lands and bounces off the edge giving the appearance of a jump. Though this theory doesn't hold true for stages like FD where I've had a similar result. Seems like the Bike just does strange things near the edge.

You can get a decent bounce often on Frigate Orpheon by Biking off the left platform at the start of the stage. If you are popping a wheelie as you go off, you'll get a good bounce sometimes.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
you can also do it at one of the landings at delfino, it due to inclines and the like

Top Bottom