• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump! Ultimate stars.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
Hay. So im really interested about buying this game after hearing a lot of good stuff 'bout it.

This thread can be used to discuss this game whatsoever.

My personal questions about this game are. Is it easy to find what you want in the game thats only japanese, (I mean in menu and that shorta stuff) some things as making your own team looks pretty complicated. Are there good menu translations? This is my biggest problem about should i buy it or not.

Is this game balance at all? I mean having 300 character sounds fishy.
And add more to the characters. Are all 300characters playable?

And final of all is it worth purchasin? I really dont have that much of money at the moment, And i have to go study in 2 days so i dont have time to do any partime work.

Thanks a lot.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
The game is not balanced. I have seen many a discussion about the tier list for this game. There are a lot of arguing about how characters should be placed, however nobody touches the god character of the game. On every list on top is Roah from Hokuto No Ken, he does mad damage and can teleport right in front of his opponent with almost no chance of punishment (I believe on character can counter this). Even without with teleport he still is pretty **** fast and does crazy damage so he is pretty much a must in any team. The game has a few infinites as well but they really aren't a big deal since they are all on characters that would otherwise be Low or Bottom (Sasuke from Naruto for instance).

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
I bought the game recently, and it's alright. The strategic aspect is cool once you find a translated walkthrough/guide, but the online has become annoying to me...

Everyone doesn't want to lose, so they play a deathmatch, kinda fight (but for some reason always gang up on me T.T), and after I'm dead and the match has gone to sudden death, they just taunt so they can ALL get a win on their stats. **** it's annoying!

But, if you knew someone with the game, battling with friends is a different story.

I thought it'd kinda be like Smash Bros but it's a little different. Good game though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I already made a thread for this, but it's dead T_T

I love this game. My main deck consists of Jojo, Momo, Gohan and Linali. Basically, I'm a shameless ring-out player. Sorry, but it's a strategy that works.

My secondary deck is all Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (because that's my favorite manga of all time). Josuke's 2 panel assist is awesome.

Nashun

Smash Ace
The game is not balanced. I have seen many a discussion about the tier list for this game. There are a lot of arguing about how characters should be placed, however nobody touches the god character of the game. On every list on top is Roah from Hokuto No Ken, he does mad damage and can teleport right in front of his opponent with almost no chance of punishment (I believe on character can counter this). Even without with teleport he still is pretty **** fast and does crazy damage so he is pretty much a must in any team. The game has a few infinites as well but they really aren't a big deal since they are all on characters that would otherwise be Low or Bottom (Sasuke from Naruto for instance).
Everything here is completely wrong. Raoh isn't even that good compared to other high/top tiers, he's ridiculously unsafe and slow and the only things going for him is damage and HP. So yeah, unsafe = punishable. He doesn't have a teleport rofl.

The game has infinity infinites, but they're all breakable and the vast majority of them cost the user some kind of resource.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I got the game a while ago and yes, its easy to understand. A lot of it is in english anyway.

And its not 300 PLAYABLE characters. There are supports and help chars. There are about 100 playables. Balanced gameplay? Not rly. Some of the chars can be rly cheap, and the online play sux. Most of the people on it are a$$e$. You can do voice chat on the game while you fight, but its rly not that fun since half the people you fight are japanese.

Its basically fun making decks and stuff, and the overall gameplay is nice. I would suggest an online guide though, because its near impossible to get past the objectives without knowing what they want you doing.

Edit: Oh, and one of the best chars in the game is Linali. Use her.

nuro

Smash Lord
This game rocks socks.

Get an online guide and its almost as if the game is in english. Besides after a while you get the nack for where everything is on the menus there isnt any deep story or anything I believe.

There is a loooot of strategies because there are 54 playable characters (excluding different panels/koma) and there are tons of help koma. This make the game very interesting. It is also a loooot of fun.

The only thing I hate about it is the random battles online. You cant choose to have a 1v1 or a ffa match which really sucks. A lot of people like to team up because they want a good rank which is pretty stupid since anyone who has a high rank probably ranks up thus creating no point to it. There is no voicechat for random battles. In competitive play people seem to have banned certain koma which are "cheap". People on random use these "cheap" koma all the time so it can get annoying if you dont have decks with those same "cheap" koma. If someone leaves the game in the middle of a battle when that game is finished all the players that were in the game are forced to leave and spend their time waiting in the lobby again which can take a lot of time away from the general experience.

All in all I say buy it if you want to play a fun game. I saw my friends profile and he played this game for 99:99:95 hours (It capped :p) and he had played 6000 matches online. Some advice would be to not play random battles because they ruin the game in a lot of ways. Go to an IRC channel or something and get peoples friend codes and play with them it makes it wayyyy more better/interesting. Its worth the money because you wont be putting this game down.

And this game isn't as cheap as people say it is. Its more like everything is so overpowered that it becomes a fair game.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I should get this game. Sounds like a lot of you are getting teamed up on in wifi lol, maybe its because youre american? The japanese like to do that sometimes, I would know, I live in japan lol, but dont get me wrong, the japanese are cool people most of the time.

nuro

Smash Lord
Hmm, I should get this game. Sounds like a lot of you are getting teamed up on in wifi lol, maybe its because youre american? The japanese like to do that sometimes, I would know, I live in japan lol, but dont get me wrong, the japanese are cool people most of the time.
I actually like it when 3 people team against me I can usually win and it helps boost my mindset. :laugh:

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I got tired of the game after a very short time. It's fine, but mostly just fan service. Not unplayable, but if you're looking for an actual 2-d fighter you can find better on the DS than this.

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
After couple of weeks of playing this game is pretty nice.
I have one friend i play this with, but its enough because we are best friends and we love every same anime and we like same kinda games etc. So its a lot of fun with a good friend.
I dont have online and i dont really need it. Single player was fun at first but seriously i hate it now. Some stages you need to ko your enemies with special attacks twice, all right sounds easy enough. AND THEN THEY START JUMPING DOWN TO THEIR DEATHS BEFORE I CAN EVEN FREAKIN TOUCH THEM!

TaikaAli

Smash Apprentice
After couple of weeks of playing this game is pretty nice.
I have one friend i play this with, but its enough because we are best friends and we love every same anime and we like same kinda games etc. So its a lot of fun with a good friend.
I dont have online and i dont really need it. Single player was fun at first but seriously i hate it now. Some stages you need to ko your enemies with special attacks twice, all right sounds easy enough. AND THEN THEY START JUMPING DOWN TO THEIR DEATHS BEFORE I CAN EVEN FREAKIN TOUCH THEM!
But yeah good game but nothing to compared to smash, i first thought i could play this a lot but its avarage game not the best but good.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
This game's actually a lot of fun.

Sure, there are the god characters, but it doesn't mean it's downright unplayable. I've seen people online take out the god characters with some lesser tier character. So, it's more like a Marvel vs. Capcom style balance than a Melee balance.

The only bad part are the people you play online. They have an "Anti-American" alliance in Japan, meaning if you play them, they'll all team up on you and tea-bag you until the game ends. There's also the people who kill you just so they can get their friends more wins and such.

But that's stuff you'll find in all online games. Most of the times it's pretty fun.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dude, I was playing and got teamed on by three Japanese guys, and I got first place. They must have been so pissed :p

Like the rednecks say, "DON'T MESS WITH AMERICA, *****ES!!"

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Lol I bought the game about a week ago and I beat almost all of the stages. I havent really got the hang of the skill level required when youre online but Im getting there. Anyone wanna play me? Im not the support character abuser type player, I just like to use my battle characters but supports come in handy. My FC is in my sig.

Oh yeah I forgot to add, this is the best DS game Ive played so far. Also, does anyone know where I can find a tier list for it? Theres so many characters I dont wanna waste my time trying them all + trying out all the help and support koma

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I love this game, anyone active on GameFAQ boards like me?
Im on gf everyday my name is thekidofzero on gf.
ZERO_KID Is the name but i currently go by GF. LETS GO So if i happen to run into anyone from gf we cant get ganged up on by those japanese kids:chuckle:

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
On GameFAQs I'm Me-Wan-Hot-Sekz.
I'm currently challenging the Zoro RU and I'm starting to get pissed because he won't play me.

Edit: Oh yeah and my in game name is Mikezilla.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
On GameFAQs I'm Me-Wan-Hot-Sekz.
I'm currently challenging the Zoro RU and I'm starting to get pissed because he won't play me.

Edit: Oh yeah and my in game name is Mikezilla.
im just stalling online im trying to get bye off everything. i cleared every single mission in the j univers including all the special mission. when im done i want to play you. >=]

Kix

Smash Journeyman
I have a request. Can someone tell me about Dio/Jotaro and L as an assist? The moves and stuff? A video would be awesome. I'm a huge Jojo's fan.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
Well Im not necessarily "on" gamefaqs/spot everyday but I check on it a lot. Im still new and I havent set up to play a certain person on wifi yet, Ive just been fooling around in random. Sooo.. When I have time, who wants to be the first one to get pwned/pwn me on wifi lol? I still need some practice, Ive beaten the game easy but Im just way too lazy to unlock everything on the J universe. My gamefaq user name is guess wat... Exoah lol I get used to fighting supportless cause of smash and I tend to forget using my supports soo.. lol

Arcman

Smash Rookie
JUS kept me entertained for a few months, being that I'm familiar with most of the series mentioned in it, but I didn't like the style of gameplay... It didn't really feel all that much like a fighting game after awhile.

When I first got the game (I got it right when it came out), I had a lot of fun with online play. Won some, lost some, had some intelligence mixed with some skill,.
But after a few months... Things really changed. It seems like all it's about now is finding out the perfect combo with your assist characters to kill off everyone easy.

After that, I stopped playing. I still have the game, but I haven't touched it in a few months.

Exoah

Smash Cadet
yeah it gets kinda annoying to go and find combos insteading of practicing with a character like in smash, I guess it combines strategic elements and fighting. But then again you could just buff up your battle character with good help koma and only use satsuki 2 for a support, Ive tried it and it works okay, depends on who Im playing of course

Arcman

Smash Rookie
I've tried something similar to that, doesn't work too well for me >_<
The guy from Katekyo Hitman Reborn seems to work unbelievably well when it comes to killing people easy...
Sometimes, I wonder if I even need to use support koma with him.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
It's a good game but some support characters are insanely broken and even some of the special attacks of battle characters. there's Sena, girl w/whistle, trunks, guy who carry's you to ledge, Jotaro's touch screen onslaught, Don Patch's rocket special, sasuke's sword special, among many others...be prepared to have a cheap deck to counter the cheapness of others. And watch out for the gang ups...

miller483

Smash Ace
Sorry for graverobbing this thread but I'm interested in getting this game. I just have one question:

Are there things that are generally frowned upon that I shouldn't do?

Top Bottom