• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Slash as strong as a Smash Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
I'm an early Demo adoptee and one of the in game Tip's says Link's new dash attack, the Jump Slash is as strong as a Smash Attack and even stronger if it hits with the tip of the Master Sword. After playing with Link constantly, I can definitely say I've KO'd CPU's with the Jump Slash at 89% or more.
It's so beautiful, Link is finally getting better!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
It's strong, sure, but it's also telegraphed. This move would be completely unnecessary if we had Crouch Canceling > Forward Smash. Guess that's just me being picky, but you're right. Link is finally looking to not be bottom tier stuff.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The real question as implied is what are viable ways to implement DA. Most of the time, I would assume Ftilt is a superior option for general spacing and damage.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I wish I had the demo now as I heard link is good now...Anyway I haveent played but seen but,it looks POWERFUL!How about short hopped nair to DA(or whatever his fastest aireal is.)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The move will go through projectile and still hit an opponent, so it is isn't super hard to land. For example if PIkachu uses a thunder you will both hit the thunder and hit him, so people will think they are safe from it but aren't. It's going to be a really good kill move against projectile users.

At least, any projectile that can be canceled out by attacking it, which is most of them.

You can probably also space it so you can't get shield grabbed, so that's a huge thing going for it.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Getting Fsmashed out of shield though isn't cool. Also if you are spacing it to avoid shieldgrab, that makes it easy to whiff punish by rolling. Not taking into account the move is very obviously vulnerable to spotdodge. So I definitely wouldn't spam this move.

Good move IF the opponent has made an obvious commitment. Shield Marth Fsmash, DA oos. Pressure with Jab, catch defensive rolls with DA read. Catch people in juggles with it. Anti-air short hop spacing with it. I could go on, but the idea is seeing situations where the opponent is committing.

Last edited:

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
I have the demo, Link is really strong! Recovery is better and holy .'.'. in Sudden i was able to Ko a cpu with an arrow o.o

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Link's dash attack is good, but it has limited use. It'll be viable as a heavy punish, and it can sometimes be combo'd into from a dthrow, if they DI away.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
The vertical range it's got now is definitely unexpectedly large, and hitting with the tip, I can confirm, does do a ton more damage.

Also, if you use the move and the opponent is close to Link's body when it hits, it acts like a spike, slamming them into the ground then up into the air. If you watch closely you can see the bounce happen as it hits.
Possible spiking effect near edges for a bit of risky on-stage edge-punishment?
Gotta test that...

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Jump slash is very useful for punishing landings, and can also be used to follow up a bomb. This move is definitely useful as a punisher, though obviously it's too punishable to be spammed.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
Jump slash is very useful for punishing landings, and can also be used to follow up a bomb. This move is definitely useful as a punisher, though obviously it's too punishable to be spammed.
Which is a good thing anyways, since move staling is back, meaning it would lose its effectiveness if it were constantly spammed anyways.
It's like Sakurai took move staling into account when he designed this new attack for Link. The very fact that it's not something that can be safely spammed makes it all the more deadly during the few times it's rarely used and actually connects.XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom