• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"JUMP ON IT!!!" A Hawaii Tournament Dedicated to Racer X

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Hey guys. I finally have some time so I'm gonna start talking about this now.

Tournament Name: Jump On It!!!
Why we're doing this?
It was mainly Terence's idea. He wanted to do one last tournament in honor of Livewire (specifically Nick) before they leave on their trip to Japan.

Where: THIS COMING FRIDAY AT JOSE'S GARAGE!!! It is confirmed and it is on!!!
Now then the stuff you wanna know...

-Entry Fee
We're trying to keep it to $2.00. This is to encourage as many people as possible to participate.

-Prizes
These are still to be determined. I want to give a bit more than just pot prizes because of the low entry fee. Here's where the next part comes in.

-Donations
In any way shape or form are greatly appreciated. Cash, checks, contributions to food, coolers, equipment/pick ups and drop offs. You give any of these and I will love you long time. :]

Oh and just so you know...
I am asking for donations ( cause we are aloha lolz) but I am not gonna beg, or complain if nobody gives anything. We're all students here and it is everyones right to give or not. That's why they are called donations...end of story. I am perfectly fine with running this tournament with no donations whatsoever. Granted that it will be harder but as the tournament mod...that is my job. And I will also do my very best to satisfy everyone and then some. However, that being said, donations will help. There is nothing too small or dare I say it..too large. hehehe

-Food
Seeing as how it will most likely be at night, I will coordinate with Jose to provide food. There will be a small charge for food. This is because I want to make sure everyone that is hungry eats their fill. And I know that the food goes faster than fast food. I don't want anyone going hungry and losing matches as a result. (no johns -_-)

It will be $3.00 for all the food you can eat. Everyone who pays will get a hearty portion of whatever the main dish is. Chips, drinks and other snacks will be all you can eat of course. After everyone is served (including the cooks/hosts) it's a free for all for the rest of the food. lolz

So if you wanna eat and enter it's $5.00 bucks altogether. I usually charge 5 for food in general but I wanted to go this way because it's a special occasion. And that way you have the option of not eating at the tournament and just playing. I want this to be as convenient for all of you as possible.

-Rules

Ok now here's how I want to run this tournament.

It will be double elimination. You lose once you fall to the losers bracket. You lose twice...you're out. Simple as that.

Wobbling will be banned for this tournament. Not that anyone will be maining ICs for the whole tournament anyways. (I know Tom used to main them lolz)

-Stages
Usual 6 neutral stages...on random of course.
FD, BattleField, Dreamland 64, FoD, YS, and PS

All rounds will be a random neutral stage. We're all friends as Terence says so I'm sure we'll have no problems with this.

IF both players agree to play on a certain neutral stage, then that is fine. But they must inform one of the hosts/staff. If a stage appears on random twice in the same set, they will redo the random. This rarely happens though so I doubt it'll be a problem. No stage can be played on twice in the same set.

Sets will be 2 of 3. The winners bracket finals, losers bracket finals and championship finals will be best 3 of 5. Simple as that.

I do not know how many places we're going to have or what the exact prizes will curtail. I will do my best to keep you posted of this.

-Extra stuff/Comments/Suggestions
I want your input as well. Even if you're not attending. Even if you're not from Hawaii. :p

Bring cameras to record if you want. I will record some matches but I will be saving most of my hard drive for my zelda footage. lolz

Let me know if there is something you like, don't like, or should be added. Don't hold back. I'd rather know now and we talk about it then not and we miss out on it.

Finally, I cannot garuntee that there will room or time for friendlies. It depends on the attendance and the donation of TVs/Systems. But I can say that by the finals we should be have enough free tvs to do friendlies etc.

Possible V8 challenge/Money Matches? Throw down your challenges now! lolz

EDIT: 10/16/2007
Updates!!!!
Here is a list of things that will definately be needed for the tournament to run smooth...
1. TVs (the more we have the better I promise)
2. VCRs (put up stuff on Youtube)
3. Video Cameras (record matches/make montage)
4. Digital Cameras (so we can add to the montage)
5. Cars (To Pick up/Drop Off people etc)
6. Game Cubes/Wiis/Memory Cards/Game Disks
7. Extension cables/Power Bars
8. Cash in any amount to go towards prizes, food and drinks. (no...not hard liquor...like Apple Iced Tea and ****)
9. People to help set up, clean up and other misc manual labor. (the more hands the better)

OH YEAH!!! IF YOU WANT TO BRING A GAME COPY PLEASE BE SURE YOU MARK IT OR LABEL IT IN A WAY THAT YOU CAN FIND IT AFTERWARDS.

Drop me a line if you might be interested. Remember this is in honor of livewire because without them...Hawaii wouldn't be the community it is today. =w=

UPDATE 10/28/07

Chad has volunteered to donate prizes. Everyone thank him! :]

The pot will be split between places 1-4 evenly

Places 1-3 will receive a "big prize" along with the cash. 1st place gets first pick etc.

There will be other small prizes for places 5th and lower.

Thank you Chad!!

Attendance List
1.Bobby
2.Terence
3.Jose
4.Tom
5.Merc
6.Nick
7.Shoyo
8.Joel
9.Chad
10.Dex
11.Matt
12.Scott
13.Felix

If u wish to be added, removed, or know of someone who should be on this list, let me know. Thanks

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
edit: changed into sign up sheet:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Woah the old CF face is back. lolz

Well I'd accept that challenge Tom but I may be too busy to play MM. I hope other people accept though.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Sounds good. I'll be participating most likely

Tom, I'll challenge you. Best of 3?
I think I'll look toward a MM with someone as well. Two dollars, and before the tourny so one of us can get in for free

FireFly

Smash Lord
i met a bunch of felixs today (skill level just as good if not better) and they might be able to come to this tournament. idk if they should come to the next fest...might scare them away

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Felix's (insert noun here) I'm guessing friends?

And ya. They should just come to the tourny. I don't want them to be discouraged like dat. And the more people we have the better.

That's great to hear Syaith. I hope you can make it as well. Just keep your fridays open cause it'll definately be on a Friday. When I have no idea. And if you live in town there are a couple people you can get rides from.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
prizes from first place to forth place. so i guess make the 4th place fight bes 3 out of 5 or something. winner of the tourney gets to pick a person to drink v8, plus other prizes of course.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Ok I'll update it Masta Chun Yin. Shall we annouce the additional prizes yet or shall we keep it secret until right before?

Darkmusician

Smash Master
When and exactly where is this taking place?
This tournament will most likely take place at Tenyearwarrenty's garage. It's in Kapolei. Please see the Hawaii thread for details on where it is. The date is still unknown because we don't meet at his garage every other week anymore. So keep checking the boards for more updates. Thank you. =w=

By the way, Skudd808. It's nice to meet you. Name's Bobby. Zelda extrodinair. lolz I've always wanted to say that.

Would you mind sharing your name, area you live in, main character(I'm guessing CF) and favorite pizza topping. I'll add you to the Hawaii player finder. Haven't touched that **** in foreverz. lolz

Hey Jem!!! You know Shane yes yes? =w=

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Jose still never called me or IMed me. I need to talk to him before I do any more planning. He's hard to get a hold of. Dorms possibly this week. Again...I need to talk to Jose.

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
alright this is sign up sheet for the tournament. quote and put your name on it. even if it is a maybe please do so. this gives a estimation of how much of a turn out it will become. thanks

i wanna play in this tourney:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Yes yes yes I'm back. This week was long and hard, but I'm ready to start disucssing friday. Please post if you're coming for sure, if you're bringing anybody, and if you can bring tvs, systems, power cords, and game copys.

The fee is still 2 for enter, 3 to eat. Jose will be cooking BBQ, and hopefully he'll add me on face book so we can coordinate the food stuff.

Also volunteers for drivers (besides the obvious) and if you would like to donate towards the prizes and stuff.

And if you don't want your systems/games to get mixed up please label them.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Oh yeah I just saw the new pics Shane uploaded. Did he use his Mario only or did he mix it up? Must be great to find random tournies. =w=

Jem.

Smash Master
Umm, I took Winners Finals from him, because I have been doing good vs Fox lately and he SD'd a few times in the 3rd match >_>

It was something like Falco vs Fox, Falco vs Fox, Falco vs Mario, Falco vs Mario, Marth vs Marth

(I am the left on all of those)

He 5-0'd me in finals coming from losers bracket.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Tourny starts at around 7-7:30.

If you need a ride down please post so asap because we'll need to know ahead of time. I got your PM and that's great news.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Cause you're co hosting as well. :pPPP Ah well it's for the best I guess. I wouldn't be able to fit that many people in my car. lolz

Top Bottom