• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jump Cancel tossing

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
I was looking through PaOol's Diddy tutorial videos yesterday, and I came across jump cancel tossing. I practiced it, and I liked it, but I can't stand how difficult it is to pull off. I've developed muscle memory for glide tossing, and now I learn about jump cancel tossing...

Which is better? I'd say jump cancel tossing, but it's really hard for me to pull off, and I prefer glide tossing because I have developed muscle memory for it.

Elemental1ce

Smash Rookie
I saw it too, but I still don't really see a difference between da glide toss and the jump cancel toss. Can someone tell me? =P

hewetty

Smash Rookie
welll... if i am correct the jump cancelled toss is pretty pressing jump and throw ur banana rite after, aka sliding ur finger over the jump button and a rite after, sorta like toon link's SHDA

IDK

Smash Lord
sorry for the nubby question, but thanks. that confuses me though. i mean, i have the glide toss nailed, but people are saying that jump cancel is harder, when it actually sounds easier... can you do it with the a button like you can with a glide toss? i changed my controls because i use x to jump. y is shield, so i just roll with y(shield) then press a. and its a LOT easier. maybe you cant do this with the jump cancel?

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the nubby question, but thanks. that confuses me though. i mean, i have the glide toss nailed, but people are saying that jump cancel is harder, when it actually sounds easier... can you do it with the a button like you can with a glide toss? i changed my controls because i use x to jump. y is shield, so i just roll with y(shield) then press a. and its a LOT easier. maybe you cant do this with the jump cancel?
Yeah, you can do the same thing with jump cancel tossing. It's just difficult for me because of muscle memory.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Yea i learned Glide Tossing and im probaly going to stick with that btw
what combo/moves do you guys do after glide tossing because i cant find to many uses for it

Scala

Smash Ace
Yea i learned Glide Tossing and im probaly going to stick with that btw
what combo/moves do you guys do after glide tossing because i cant find to many uses for it
Erm, you can either advance or retreat when you glide toss.
If you choose to advance, you can stun them with the banana and then follow with pretty much any of diddy's attacks.
Moving away when you glide toss helps you put pressure on your opponent while still putting pressure on them.

saberhof

Smash Master
Theres millions of things you can do with bananas, everything really...=O

but i find glide tossing better, its just that jump cancel gives you more slide...and thats it...

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I thought that WAS glide tossing. Thats what I do to glide forward while running. Whats glide tossing then? The one with the R button?

Nevermind looked it up. That should be called Roll throw glide or something. RTG ;p

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
ok so the big difference is the glide tos can be done in any direction and is easier, the jump cancel is jsut press ing jump and a at the same time and it does a jumpo cancel tos. the best use for it is you can be running right, and jump cancel tos left and keep your forward momentum. it is huge mind games. you running by and throwing a banana behind you while still runing. its really useful when geting chased

IDK

Smash Lord
ok so the big difference is the glide tos can be done in any direction and is easier, the jump cancel is jsut press ing jump and a at the same time and it does a jumpo cancel tos. the best use for it is you can be running right, and jump cancel tos left and keep your forward momentum. it is huge mind games. you running by and throwing a banana behind you while still runing. its really useful when geting chased
so i was messing around with jump cancel toss in training... and i was pressing x and a as i turned around and i would slide the direction i was dashing previously as i threw the banana. is THIS jump cancel tossing? (once again, sorry, i don't really get this concept). and does that mean you can't do it forward? or from a standing position?

Top Bottom