• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

July 28th. Tampa Tournament; Twilight Showdown 5: A Smash to the Past

Bark252

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bark252
new here

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but I'm new to the smash boards. I never knew there was so much smash activity going on here. I'm in land o lakes about 15mins from Tampa. I've only played in one tourney in Orlando a few years ago. I'm a samus and peach player. I would love to finally have some people to play against.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Welcome to the boards.

I know there's about 2 or 3 smashers up in Odessa which is right by you. There's also various people in Tampa, both local and college students at USF. We don't have any set schedule of when we get together and we sort of slowed down over the summer break, but once fall semester starts up and all the USF guys return, I'm sure there will be ton of smash happening on campus.

Hit me up on AIM if you'd like. My sceen name is MankosukiAMVs.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I just came up with an awesome idea for a time killer...super smash betting just get 4 lvl 9 computers have them beat the crap on each other and bet on who you think who wins or the order of placement...I dunno it seems like a good idea

Bark252

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bark252
Sounds good. I found the meet and greet thread after I posted here. Glad to see there are a decent number of players in the area.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
it's been done, but it was lvl 1 CPUs.

Ganon always won.
of course ganon always won...he was meant to be the best character in the game...but eh whatever I just thought I would throw that out there

Sounds good. I found the meet and greet thread after I posted here. Glad to see there are a decent number of players in the area.
yeah I was suprised at first too...well...I'm still in the middle of nowhere **** clearwater

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
nobody pays attention to the meet & greet section though. It's kind of a waste.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
huh?

I have no idea what that sentence is trying to say but the answer is no. There's no way to alter CPU AI Programming.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I see that Twilight Showdown 6 is already scheduled. Unfortunately with it being the same day as Gigabits 19, you might not have as large of a turn out. Personally, I'd probably still go to TS6 though cause I'm a little tired of driving out to gigabits.

Nice calendars though.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
I see that Twilight Showdown 6 is already scheduled. Unfortunately with it being the same day as Gigabits 19, you might not have as large of a turn out. Personally, I'd probably still go to TS6 though cause I'm a little tired of driving out to gigabits.

Nice calendars though.
Yeah, when I made these, I didn't have access to check the dates for when to host the Smash tourney. lol. I'd figured I would upload some calendars on here to show some of the other tournaments I'm having in case anyone would be interested in going to one of them. Be it Gears of War, Halo, or Tekken.

If anybody is interested in the Gears of War tournament go to www.gearsofwarforum.net and look for the multiplayer thread, then look for the tournament thread. In there just look for the thread called Emergence Day Showdown 2.

For the Tekken tournament, checkout www.tekkenzaibatsu.com At the top you'll see forums. Highlight that and then you'll see Zaibatsu forums. Highlight that and you will see Match Finder Areas, click on it. Then on the next screen click on North American Match Finder and then look for the Iron Fist Showdown thread. All the rules and info are posted there.

On the Smash tournament, I'm debating where to hold it. Brandon or Clearwater. What do you guys think?

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I'm debating where to hold it. Brandon or Clearwater. What do you guys think?
Personally, I would like the tournament to be held in Clearwater. My vote probably won't be the most popular seeing as most of you live closer to Brandon than I do. Either way I will try to participate in TS6. See you in 3 weeks!

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to the Boards of Smash. How far is L'oL from Plant City? PC has alot of Smash players including me. We usally meet at friend's house so if you want to take a trip to PC for some friendlies let me know. We play at Bane's house. I'll talk to him if you're interested in playing and see if he's cool with some Smash at his place.

Bark252

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bark252
Welcome to the Boards of Smash. How far is L'oL from Plant City? PC has alot of Smash players including me. We usally meet at friend's house so if you want to take a trip to PC for some friendlies let me know. We play at Bane's house. I'll talk to him if you're interested in playing and see if he's cool with some Smash at his place.
Thanks for the welcome. PC is about 45-50 mins away from L'oL. What days do you guys usually get together?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
For the most part Clearwater is ready(Might actually have some sort of a chance...probably not though)...been working setting up equipment for my brother's band recently so I have extra cash...

and back to the topic of where to hold TS6...I vote Clearwater for obvious reasons

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Cool, Hope its not on Ozzfest weekend. If it is, traffic is going to be horrible and many people may not show for your tournament.

SaintAnger

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, Metrocon was a blast. I'm going to talk to the people in charge of it to see if I can do a Smash tournament there next year. Not really Twilight Showdown, but an offshoot. I handed out some cards there and hopefully I can get some new people to come.

I'm definately going to have a costume for next year. I'm going as, wait for it.........wait.........here....it....comes.......TADADADA..GANONDORF!!!! lol.

Mewgia

Smash Cadet
I will attend unless unseen circumstances prevent me to do so.

This will be my first SSBM tournament ever, since Friday night at MetroCon doesn't count :/

Top Bottom