• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[July 15th, 2015] [Smash 3DS] The First Buck Brawlers Tournament

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Howdy everyone,

I decided to jump into the fray and host my own online tournament! SIGNUP HERE: http://challonge.com/BuckBrawlers

This tournament will occur July 15th at 9:00 am PST.

RULES
BO3 until Semis and Finals, which are both BO5
3 stock
8 minutes
No items/items off
Double-elim
Customs allowed

If time expires, whoever has the most stocks wins. If you both have the same number of stocks, the person with the least damage wins. In the extraordinary event that you both have the same percentage, sudden death will determine the winner.

Whoever the game shows as the winner is the winner, no matter what moves were used to end the battle (e.g. Ganondorf's side-B, Donkey Kong's throw ability, etc.)

Stages allowed:
Any omegas
Battlefield
Final Destination
Prism Tower
Yoshi's Island
Tomodachi Life
Dreamland 64

ALL CORRESPONDENCE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE #BuckBrawl MIBBIT

If your opponent is not present in the Mibbit, wait 10 minutes, then ask me to move you ahead.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Sign me up, my 3DS code should be on the left. Lets just hope the connection is good.

Edit- nevermind its not there. 3883-5311-5760

Last edited:

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
Added all the new people.

@Where do we coordiante/chat: On the #BuckBrawl mibbit
@can this be weekly: I'd like to, yes. It'll be done on an ad hoc basis weekly. I'll be sure to let y'all know if it can't happen a particular week, and I am not sure if this'll work with my college schedule in the fall. But I'll do my best!

EvanBuck

Smash Cadet
not to be picky or anything but why 3 stock... Its interesting
Valid question. Because (a) it's been done at another online tourney before and (b) I prefer three stock to two since it allows for more interesting gameplay and more playtime. If I get a TON of people I may reduce it to two stock for time's sake, but since we have 7 people here, I think three stock will work fine. :)

marthking99

Banned via Warnings
ok 1 more dumb question how do i get to the chat?
and if there is bad lag what happens if we get disconnected

Last edited:

Liyrex

Smash Apprentice
Daein (Or Albany, NY whatever makes more sense)
NNID
Liyrex
3DS FC
3265-5244-3896
Valid question. Because (a) it's been done at another online tourney before and (b) I prefer three stock to two since it allows for more interesting gameplay and more playtime. If I get a TON of people I may reduce it to two stock for time's sake, but since we have 7 people here, I think three stock will work fine. :)
true. Plus smashladders does 3 stock so i see what ur getting at. Why not 9 mins then if usually its 6 with 2 stocks

HalfPrince

Smash Rookie
Im in for this ill sign up. FC:4742-6724-1027 You can add me now or tomorrow (^_^)

EDIT: The Challonge page doesn't seem to be working for me either... If you could add me that would be nice!

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Can we add a few more stages to the list. I understand that moving and boss stages are a no no but what about

Gerudo Valley
Corneria
Arena Ferox
Tortimer Island
Gaur Plain
And the Boxing Ring?

Top Bottom