• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 7, 2014] F360 Pres: Melee Mondays - May 27rd, 2013 - Hollywood, Fl (Hollywood, Fl)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
These events will serve as consistant practice (Every Monday night!) for the SFL scene!

BTW BE PREPARED FOR ALOT OF COLORS
Melee Mondays
Where?
This event will take place at the Flippers360 room inside of Flippers Cinema!
I cannot stress this enough:​
Flippers360 is unlike any lan center you have ever been to. It is a giant room (Two combined movie theaters to be exact) filled with about 100 Xbox360 setups, all equipped to either HD computer monitors or LCD tvs. There are high powered gaming computers and 5 Wii's as well. One Wii in particular is setup to a movie projector.​
NONE, i repeat, NONE of the setups (including the projector) lag.
For a short video demonstrating the room, follow the link below and scroll down.
For more info on the Flippers360 room, you can either contact me (via smashboards or facebook) or follow the link below.
Here are some more pics demonstrating SMASH at Flippers360!
Just some of the setups we have for Brawl!

Here is the projector setup for smash! This setup includes live streaming capabilities!

To follow Flippers360 on facebook, add them as a friend: https://www.facebook.com/FlippersGaming
When?
Doors Open at 4:00PM********************
Seibrik gets to venue at 8:00PM
Signups for Pro/Amateur Brackets Start: 9:00PM
Pro/Amateur Brackets Start: 10:00PM
Venue Closes: 1:00AM
Fest May Continue (by invite only) at Seibrik's house: 1:30AM
If you have any questions at all, feel free to call Seibrik anytime after 6:00PM!​
Cell: 7864365990​
Events:
There will be TWO events occurring!​
A PRO bracket-> Anybody brave enough, or wanting to get the best possible experience, can join this bracket!​
An Amateur bracket-> PROS (As decided by Seibrik) will NOT be allowed to enter this bracket!​
How Much??
Venue Fee---> $6
What this gets you:
* Entry into Venue
* Use of ALL Flippers360 room equipment (must be 14 years of age or older to use computers. Proof of Age must be available upon request)
*********Check out the Flippers360 website in the link above for a list of available games!***********
* Entry into either the PRO or Amateur Brackets!
Pro Bracket---> $2
Amateur Bracket---> FREE
PAYOUTS:
Pro Bracket
First place gets 50% of the pot!
Second place gets money back!
Remaining pot will go into a BONUS pot for Tier Breakers, which will accumulate over time.
What is Tier Breakers?
Check out this thread for a quick teaser!​
ALSO:
Monday nights at Flippers is host to the FGC community of SFL!
So if you want to get some practice in with the best SF/MvC/Injustice players in SFL, this is where to be!
Freeplay of all these games is available to everyone who's payed the venue fee!
But like with smash, it's advised to BYOC
Venue RULES??
Be kind and respectful to those around you!​
Please remember to keep cursing to a minimum! Remembering families tend to bring kids in before/after a movie!​
Tourney Rules:
Rules will follow those of EVO in preperation for the upcoming national!​
Super Smash Bros. Melee:​
Rules= Stock​
Stock = 4​
Time Limit= 8 minutes​
Handicap = Off​
Damage Ratio = 1.0​
Friendly Fire = On​
Self-destruct = -1​
Items = Off​
Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.​
At the beginning of the set:​
GW 9 hammer will be used to decide who gets controller port advantage.​
Stage striking will be used to decide the first match.​
Player without port advantage gets to strike first.​
After each match:​
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)​
2. Loser chooses counter pick stage​
3. Winner chooses their character​
4. Loser chooses their character​
5. Loser chooses their controller port (optional)​
6. Winner chooses their controller port (optional)​
Any Additional Rules will be announced as soon as they are available.​
The stage list is as FOLLOWS:
Stages coming soon!
NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!​
So yeah, I think that's about it.​
Remember to BYOC
***To make this work we need your help!***
This will be the first Melee event hosted at Flippers360!
As such, we have not yet aquired enough Melee Discs!
So please, bring a copy of Melee to ensure we have enough setups for everyone!
One Memory Card with full data is also needed.
Thanks in advance!
Above all else, remember: Have fun and ask questions!!​
$2 Tourney Results
[collapse=6/10/13]​
12 Entrants
1: ESAM​
2: JuanCarlosFromTheMountains​
3: Rula​
4: Seibrik​
5: XD​
5: Lvl1​
7: Bolk​
7: Red​
9: Tub​
9: Teachable​
9: Void​
13: Loko​
Donated Pot to Tier Breakers= $12​
[/collapse]​
[collapse=6/24/13]​
7 Entrants
1: Clay​
2: Blea​
3: Rula​
4: Seibrik​
5: Jordan​
5: Rama​
7: ZeroTheTheif​
Total pot donated to Tier Breakers= $7​
[/collapse]​

Steve Patterson

Smash Rookie
Didn't even know there was a smash community in my area, I need someone to practice melee and brawl with. If this gets enough people, i'll defo come. I stay around flippers so i can come.

also i got ya'll on the full mem card

Also i can't come this Monday, I'll come 6/10

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
the main issue regarding P:M is the lack of setups and lack of IN PERSON interest

if we had a small following (like 8 players) that came to flippers and were interested in P:M, we would work to get the game working on the wiis possibly. ATM tho, none of the Wii's, asside from my own, are modded. So It would take a following of players coming to flippers for a scene/tournies for that game to be created.

In the meantime we do have Melee being played every monday and brawl every thursday. Your best bet of building a scene for P:M would be to come on either (or both) of those days with 1 or 2 Wii's with the game on it and attract players from both sides.

Steve Patterson

Smash Rookie
How many people usually come there on Mondays and Thursdays? Like I don't wanna go and there's not at least 3 other people.. But i'd be interested in P:M

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Last monday we had 12 entrants for the Melee $2 singles tourney, same for Brawl this past thursday.

Theres also usually a few other people that only come to play friendlies or hang out. Definitely worth coming out to for either game!

Steve Patterson

Smash Rookie
Ohh I should've came! Okay i'll try to come monday. I didn't come because my bro was out of town and I was gonna go with him lol.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Alright awesome! Bring your bro and tell your friends!

but its highly recommended that if you can, bring your own melee setup (the game and memory card should be enough)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
so come one week a month and make it this monday :p

bring a car full im sure theres 4 other melee players in tampa willing to put down for gas

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
so come one week a month and make it this monday :p

bring a car full im sure theres 4 other melee players in tampa willing to put down for gas
I would come down but Im not even old enough to get a car :ohwell: but maybe i will one day its on my sort of smash bros bucket list. You do have i think the best setup anyone could want I would die if i had it.

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
And im sure that there are people in tampa willing to put up some money and go. I know i few friends into smash so yeah id love to come one day

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
updated the first post with LAST weeks tourney results

Also, i had alot of fun playing friendlies with everyone who came this week, and had a great time getting those throwback matches with RayMoney!!

Look forward to seeing who comes out next week!

MatthewSwain9

Smash Cadet
updated the first post with LAST weeks tourney results

Also, i had alot of fun playing friendlies with everyone who came this week, and had a great time getting those throwback matches with RayMoney!!

Look forward to seeing who comes out next week!
Wait so on the mondays at F360 there are tournaments/tourneys?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
well mondays and thursdays are typically practice days for the entire FGC community. Melee players come on monday, brawl players come on thursday.

On each of these days, if we have enough players in attendance I run a $2 tourney for extra practice

in addition to these cash tournies, on fridays and saturdays Flippers hosts a bunch of other tournaments for various games, these are all free to enter and award Movie tickets as prizes to the winners. There isn't any melee involved but there are sometimes brawl competitions on fridays and saturdays for free where you get tickets as prizes

lmk if you have any other questions

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
Are people going tonight? Are there Standard Definition TVs?

Shirou12

Smash Rookie
Sorry Im a new member :) I wish i could make it, but i live in Lakeland so it makes me sad that can't go. although i hope everyone there has fun!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
updated the OP with the results from the last 2 $2 tournies

Seibrik with that constant 4th place

expect to see my improvement soon :p

hope to see even more players coming out every week! I know miami can do better!!

Braverman

Smash Rookie
sweet i found this thread places is awesome consider me a regular i cant wait to see my game improve. i got probably 50 questions answered there in a matter of 3 hours highly recommended

Top Bottom