• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 5, 2014] Revival of Lafayette (RofL) #1 - SSBM & P:M (Lafayette, Louisiana)

VVB

SD Champ
Revival of Lafayette #1
(RofL)

July 5th, 2014

@

And Books Too

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/310321579136974/

Origin

Lafayette has had a Melee scene for some time. Our crew has seen some ups, downs, new blood, and old blood, but we've never hosted solid tournaments that brought in smashers from the surrounding areas to our home turf. It's time for this to change. This is Revival of Lafayette: A monthly series that will be hosted the first Saturday of each month, exclusively for SSBM and Project:M.

We do realize that this is scheduled kind of soon (2 weeks) - our venue was little behind on confirm dates with us.

Venue/Entry Fee

5$ Entry fee per event

5$ Venue fee - This fee will be waved if you bring a full SSBM or P:M setup, however, once we reach our limit of setups we will no longer be offering waved venue fees. If you want to take advantage of this
arrive early and notify a TO (Risk or myself) that you have a set up. Which brings me to my next point...

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO THIS TOURNAMENT CAN RUN EFFICIENTLY!

If you plan on bringing a setup, please let us know before hand by either posting here or the Facebook event.

If we can get a round about count of what we have, then we'll know if we need to scrounge up more setups before the day comes. This will dramatically effect the efficiency of any tournament, so all help in providing setup will be GREATLY appreciated.

In order of needs:

P:M Setups (Brawl & P:M SD) - 3.02 vanilla ONLY. I don't mind if the music has been altered, but please, no stage edits.
CRT TVs - Anything above 19'', if possible.
SSBM Setups - Wii or GC + SSBM will do.

Payout

60/30/10

Rules

Melee
Apex Rule Set
Double Elimination
4 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutrals - Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick - Pokemon Stadium

Project:M
Apex Rule Set
Double Elimination
4 stocks
8 minutes
Items off
Neutral: Page 1, bottom row
Counterpick: Page 1, center row

Schedule

11:30 - Begin registration

1:00 - Brackets close

1:15 - Project: M Singles

4:00 - Melee Singles

7:30 - Venue Closes

*Doubles are currently PENDING. We are unsure if we have the time or assets to run them simultaneously. We plan to have them in the future, but we want to keep singles as a priority.

PLEASE BE HERE ON TIME!

We will be following the schedule very strictly, so please be punctual. If you are on your way and/or running late, please let a TO know by call/texting us or posting to the facebook event page. I will do my best to make sure you didn't travel out here for nothing, but I will not accept any late registrations if have not at least notified a TO. If your match is up and you aren't here to play it, you will automatically forfeit that set. If you are leaving the venue for whatever reason, make sure to let a TO know so they can plan accordingly. I don't care if you're in the grand finals, I will DQ yo' ass if you're holding up tournament progress.

Stream
Lafayette Smash on twitch.tv @ http://www.twitch.tv/lafayettesmash
Stream will only be on 1 setup.
If you would like to bring a streaming setup, you are more than welcome. Please let us know if you plan on doing so.

Closing
We want to make sure this is a great event for everyone and that everyone will be willing to attend future events here in Lafayette. If you have any suggestions that would improve the tournament, let us know.

Last edited:

Griffard

Smash Ace
Aiite so I'm always hype about more smash brothers tournaments so this sounds groovy. Thing is, on facebook I saw you expect around 6 set-ups - is that each game or total? I'm 2 hours 15 mins away so I'm wondering if it's worth it for the NOLA KNOCKERZ to make the trek, ya dig? Thanks! If people gave me gas bones and there's room and attendance I'd be very willing to drive out. :luigi:

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
I think we have 14-18 people locally, so we have to see who's going to be able to attend on the 4th of July weekend.

JazzNarco

Smash Rookie
I will be attending. Bringing one Setup. 20 something inch TV, Wii, etc.
Might also be able to bring stuff to set up a stream.

Random Samus Kid

Smash Rookie
Who is smith
Smith is a Lafayette P:M player with a very energetic playstyle, so my matches with him are always hyped lol.

Aiite so I'm always hype about more smash brothers tournaments so this sounds groovy. Thing is, on facebook I saw you expect around 6 set-ups - is that each game or total? I'm 2 hours 15 mins away so I'm wondering if it's worth it for the NOLA KNOCKERZ to make the trek, ya dig? Thanks! If people gave me gas bones and there's room and attendance I'd be very willing to drive out. :luigi:
I believe that's total, but because this is our first attempt, we may be low-balling ourselves. As VVB stated, we plan on being pretty strict with times to move things along, but if we have enough setups for the tournament, I'd prefer to have at least one setup per game set aside for friendlies. It's hard for us to make it out to NOLA for all of the stuff over there too, so if you'd rather wait and see how this one turns out, I understand :)

VVB

SD Champ
Smith is a Lafayette P:M player with a very energetic playstyle, so my matches with him are always hyped lol.

I believe that's total, but because this is our first attempt, we may be low-balling ourselves. As VVB stated, we plan on being pretty strict with times to move things along, but if we have enough setups for the tournament, I'd prefer to have at least one setup per game set aside for friendlies. It's hard for us to make it out to NOLA for all of the stuff over there too, so if you'd rather wait and see how this one turns out, I understand :)
Yeah, It's total - The times for each event are spread pretty far part, so we have ample time to get all the matches in for P:M and Melee with around 6 set ups. Hopefully we can get more than just 5 or 6 so we can designate some for friendlies for each game (I'm big on friendlies).

Also, if time allows I want to do a "salty runback" event. Basically just get on stream and call someone out that you want your salty runback with. Then, if you win you get to pour some salt in your opponent's eyes (jk).

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Anyone can join in. Just gotta show up and pay money. Registration happens at the door, so don't worry about doing anything to prepare.

You should have your own controller, by the way. Very rarely will someone have an extra controller for you to borrow.

kikichang

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kikichang1
Coolio. Also for the waiving of the venue fee, does it matter if I bring a wii with brawl on a USB? My wii is weird in that it doesn't read dual-layer discs like brawl.

VVB

SD Champ
Coolio. Also for the waiving of the venue fee, does it matter if I bring a wii with brawl on a USB? My wii is weird in that it doesn't read dual-layer discs like brawl.
I'm fine with it as long as it is the FULL install (NOT WiFi safe install) of P:M 3.02 vanilla and no notable issues running it. Also, please make sure that there are no stage/background edits. I am fine with music edits as long as they work and are appropriate.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Could anyone house me? Im house trained.

Last edited:

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
Oh this is awesome! Unfortunately I don't have a working Gamecube controller so I won't be able to enter Melee. I can enter PM though. I consider myself an under average skilled player but I've been looking for this for a very long time. I have a Wii and a SD card for PM I can bring. Although whether it be my Wii or my SD, I have problems with launching PM as it tends to send me to the Wii menu a bunch before it actually loads it up.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Oh this is awesome! Unfortunately I don't have a working Gamecube controller so I won't be able to enter Melee. I can enter PM though. I consider myself an under average skilled player but I've been looking for this for a very long time. I have a Wii and a SD card for PM I can bring. Although whether it be my Wii or my SD, I have problems with launching PM as it tends to send me to the Wii menu a bunch before it actually loads it up.
Although people tend to be pretty finicky about their controllers, don't let that hold you back from entering - someone will let you borrow theirs, and plenty of people bring extras.

Last edited:

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
Although people tend to be pretty finicky about their controllers, don't let that hold you back from entering - someone will let you borrow theirs, and plenty of people bring extras.
That would be cool. I haven't used a GC controller in over a year. I've been using the classic pro so I can still enter PM nonetheless.

I might not be able to make it though since I might not have a ride Saturday.

Last edited:

Logz

Smash Cadet
I will most likely be bringing a melee setup. I could bring a PM setup if you guys would prefer (obviously can do melee with the Wii as well), but unfortunately I don't have any tournament-worthy CRTs available :<.

Last edited:
Top Bottom