• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 26, 2014] POSSIBLY STARTING Bi-Weekly Melee Tournament *PEOPLE NEEDED!* (Ottawa)

McNasty

Smash Rookie
So, I'm considering starting up a Bi-Weekly Melee Tournament in Ottawa, ON. There's a lot of action in T-Dot, and some dece action happening down in Hamilton and over in Montreal. But there's considerably less here in Ottawa I've noticed recently and am hoping to bring the game back to Canada's capital.

THIS IS JUST A POSSIBILITY

I would really like to see this happen but I would need to hear from people close by to see whether or not anyone would attend.
I would also be willing to add SSB, Brawl, and Project M into the mix if enough people are willing to participate.

1v1 SINGLES
2v2 PARTNERS
CREW BATTLES (
IF enough participants)

So if anyone's interested, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
If you guys want anything to be added just let me know, all requests will be taken seriously as long as they're not trolls. Unless it's a really good troll, but still, odds are slim.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
I haven't played Melee in over a year but I would be interested.

K'O-King

Smash Rookie
I am 100% for this. My friends and I will be at every event. Let me know what I can do to make this happen.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
The facebook group is private so an admin must accept your request before you can post. Or you can send me your facebook page and I'll send you a request. We've got biweeklies every 2 or 3 weeks and there's over 100 members in our facebook group. We have around 2 smashfests every week, hosted by usually cody and derek. And there's a tournament at algonquin college next saturday. The turnout is expected to be around 20-30 people. We have all of our updates usually on the facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315598801891025/
This is our power rankings
http://smashboards.com/threads/ottawa-melee-power-rankings.344669/

`Armageddon

Smash Rookie
Me and my brother would come play at the tournament. Just a question is more information going to be available soon like location, time and cost? Id also like to know if this tournament is even happening.

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I would definitively like to come. I'm not as good as I once was in my melee days but would like to get better.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
All I would need is a location and time. Also I'd be down for some practice in melee, if anyone's interested. I'm in Gatineau but Ottawa is only a few minutes away and I don't mind taking the bus. Killing computers level 9 and practicing wavedashes and L cancelling in training mode alone is getting pretty boring for me.

Top Bottom