• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 19, 2014] Bones and Fatality Present: South Atlantic Legendary Tournament (Georgia)

Muck

Smash Cadet
The first of a great series of PM tournaments in Buford, Georgia that will take place at Galactic Quest!

Time: 12:00 p.m.

Project Melee Singles
$5

Project Melee Doubles
$10 (5 per person)

Bring your own controller!

SETUPS! Everyone should know how important setups are by now. Having enough makes the tournament run as smooth as possible. The first 10 people to show up with one will get a nifty bracelet that allows them to get a free snack or two from Galactic Quest. That being said...

Galactic Quest sells snacks and drinks if you get hungry; you are allowed to bring your own though.

The venue fee will be FREE for this first event thanks to your generous TOs, but once you get a taste and want to come back, you'll have to pay for that yourself!

The tournament will start at 12 in the afternoon and last as long as it needs to.

RSVP here for your spot!

We will use the Apex ruleset which can be found here:
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
@ -Fatality- -Fatality- , @Mr. Bones , & @ Muck Muck

You guys should make it more formal than just this info. Post the rules, schedule, where food locations are, whether there will be a stream / recording setups, and anything else that people might have concerns about. With just that bit of information, it doesn't look as professional as you want it to look. Not only that, but it's about a month and a half away. You should start trying to hype this up to other states if you want to pull them in, and get people in GA to go ahead and confirm their attendance to help OoS players make their decision.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
@ -Fatality- -Fatality- , @Mr. Bones , & @ Muck Muck

You guys should make it more formal than just this info. Post the rules, schedule, where food locations are, whether there will be a stream / recording setups, and anything else that people might have concerns about. With just that bit of information, it doesn't look as professional as you want it to look. Not only that, but it's about a month and a half away. You should start trying to hype this up to other states if you want to pull them in, and get people in GA to go ahead and confirm their attendance to help OoS players make their decision.
Will do, thanks for the heads up!

PikaPizza07

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, is this a smash fest, or a more advanced tournament. My brother has been training in Project M and he has entered a tournament, and won 5th place. I want to enter him in a tournament, but not with Mew2King or super advanced players. Please reply (he's about 12 years old)
Please reply when you have time

Scatz

Smash Champion
This is a tournament. Whether M2K comes to this or not is under his decision.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
@ PikaPizza07 PikaPizza07 I guess a 6th grader would have some issues competing with 'super advanced' players, but on the same token, why limit the exposure of skill to your brother? He'll get that much better that much sooner.

Sorry about the double post :<

I didn't mean it. Can you delete posts? I can't find an option.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
How is the internet speed at the venue? If it's good enough, I could probably stream for this event.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys have any ideas for an estimated turnout beyond the RSVPs on this thread? I'm a Bama smasher and I'm trying to weigh my options between this and something going on in Pensacola this weekend.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
There are 42 RSVP's on Facebook, and also a decent bit here, I'd expect 50-60 people total.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
This sounds like fun! I hope I can make it. The Smash scene I've seen in Atlanta is a good bit above my skill level, but I'm hoping this will be an opportunity to improve. That's the idea, right?

Dark Shadow

Smash Rookie
NNID
shadowswag13
when will the tournament after this be? Also could u guys tell me about tournaments around the Atlanta area? I haven't really found any.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
I didn't realize there was an Atlanta area tourney this soon. I might go, gotta check and see if my friend can go too.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
when will the tournament after this be? Also could u guys tell me about tournaments around the Atlanta area? I haven't really found any.
I think it would be good for you to join the official Georgia Project M Facebook Group, which has tons of info on local and OOS events, along with being a place to discuss PM in general and find players that live near you.
Link to Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1392554534335836/

drake210

Smash Rookie
I'm going to this with two others, and we're thinking of bringing a cooler with some food and maybe some beers. Would the venue mind?

edit: we will try to bring a set-up as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom