• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow, I didn't even know that people can get that upset when it comes to romance options in Persona or video games in general lol.

Makoto is my favorite female character besides Sae and Haru in P5, but I don't know why certain people seem to hate on other people because they like another character. I'd just ignore those type of people and enjoy the game how you want regardless :) When it comes to romance options in games such as Persona, there is no right or wrong since it's a PREFERENCE. Just like in RL lol.
Oh, you have no idea, not the singlest one. There's even shipping wars for DQ installments that lets you pick a lady.

Hell, in Japan waifu obsession in particular can be so great, one guy actually married his copy of Love Plus (not making this up, it's weird).

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
This may have already been discussed before, but do you what's another amazing thing about Joker being in Smash? This pretty much means he's immortalized by virtue of being in Smash. Even if he doesn't return in the next installment: This will just make him the most recognizable of all Persona protagonists, perhaps more so than Yu Narukami because Joker will have the Smash community recognizing him regardless if he's OP, trash, whatever.

Persona 6 protagonist now has some huge shoes to fill that's for sure, gonna be hard to top the popularity of your predecessor who got into freaking Smash.
To be fair this was probably already going to be the case thanks to Persona 5 being the highest selling Atlus game of all time. But it will introduce him to a heck of a lot of new people.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Joker just hit that sweet spot for me of being a character I grew to adore in a game that hit all the right notes for me with a style perfect for Smash and an aesthetic that is stronger than any other Atlus game I've played.

If anyone from Persona deserves to be immortalized, it's him just by virtue of being so good in every way and so good specifically for Smash.

I still can't believe it's real sometimes. I don't know how I'll react once we get his real render and reveal trailer.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
The top three favorite female characters for me are:
1. Hifumi, 2. Futaba ,and 3. Chiyaya/Makoto

Although (other than Futaba) I though Takemi was the overall crowd's favorite girl for Persona 5.

I was going romance Futaba, I really was going to. But then I met up with Hifumi, and now I'm working to romance her. Not only was her confidant skills very handy, but I liked the way she gets so into Shogi especially this line when she was playing against me: ("The dragon which governs the blue sky has fallen into my hands. How do you intend to survive this?"), it remind me how all my friends and I get into cards or gaming when playing. It was almost like when she'd played she had a different... Persona:smirk:

...Wait? She was going to be a Phantom Thieves member? Atlus you should of added her in! I'm hoping that they do when they release Persona 5R.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hmm, womanizing phantom thief that's highly merchandisable? That sounds familiar.

Although I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this partially played a part in it.
Considering his main Persona and this character have the same inspiration...and Japan loves Phantom Thieves as evidenced by Lupinranger and Kaito Kid among others, yeah.

I, too, am a sucker for Phantom Thieves.

Black Link521

Smash Cadet
If Goro is dateable in the rerelease waifu debates won't matter anymore. He'll be best or worst depending on the person, and no, there is no in between.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
THis is my dating choice:

(shoutouts to Smashboards censoring this character's name)

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I can only agree with Ann's assessment here:

all pt girls small.png

StormC

Smash Hero
Question regarding the end of December in Persona 5:

It looks like I’m about to enter the Mementos Palace. Is this my last day of gameplay? If so I’m really thankful cuz I literally maxed out Haru and Iwai simultaneously the day before.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

It looks like I’m about to enter the Mementos Palace. Is this my last day of gameplay? If so I’m really thankful cuz I literally maxed out Haru and Iwai simultaneously the day before.
Pretty much.

D

Deleted member

The deadline is the point of no return. You are locked into studying for your exams and taking them. Then, you have to go to the bone zone.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
A bit late coming from me here since the game awards happened lol BUT CONGRATS GUYS!!! :colorful::colorful::colorful:
I just know Joker and his Persona are going to be awesome to play with! "I am thou... Thou art I..." I don't keep up with the Persona series very well, but dudes that gave me some serious chills down my spine~

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How many of you guys have seen this?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Persona 5 and Mother 3 is a surprisingly fitting combination. I wonder how the Phantom Thieves would react to what poor Lucas had to go through.

StormC

Smash Hero
The deadline is the point of no return. You are locked into studying for your exams and taking them. Then, you have to go to the bone zone.
I had enough time after my exams to finish Haru and Iwai's Confidants though. You get a couple of days before the plot sends you to Mementos.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Has anyone else here seen the Persona 4 anime? I love the 1st OP~<3

Getting back to what I said earlier though, this show here is about the full limit of all my Persona knowledge ^^;
I've never played any of their games, or Shin Megami Tensei. But I'd like to learn more about all the lore, and how the games and stories connect to one another. I do hope P5 comes to the switch soon, I'll play it then if it does since im not planning on getting a ps4 anytime soon (even though i would like to try DQ XI, as I have fond memories of DQ VIII :))

Black Link521

Smash Cadet

Dang you're fast, took me nearly half a year to finish the game.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dang you're fast, took me nearly half a year to finish the game.
In my experience with a game like this you kinda have to go all in. I was the same way with Persona 4, beat it in about 2-3 weeks (I'm on track to beat this one in 4). I played Persona 3 in spurts and it was a lot harder for it to hold my attention that way.

Last edited:

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Just got this weird thought about Joker's potential moveset: What if they pull a Ness and give him the Personas of his teammates all across his moveset?

* Like his Neutral B could be a wheel amongst Arsene, Captain Kidd, Zorro, Carmen and Goemon for an elemental attack
* Johanna as his Side-B
* Necronomicon for his Up-B
* And Milady for his Down-B

D

Deleted member

I had enough time after my exams to finish Haru and Iwai's Confidants though. You get a couple of days before the plot sends you to Mementos.
You do? I must have misremembered then... I thought that was the point of no return.
Anyways, I wish you luck. The final dungeon has moments of Checkpoint Starvation in it.

This scene alone made me admire the anime.
The anime really made that moment a whole lot better.
I haven't seen the anime, but I really should get the time to.

StormC

Smash Hero
You do? I must have misremembered then... I thought that was the point of no return.
Anyways, I wish you luck. The final dungeon has moments of Checkpoint Starvation in it.
I learned that the hard way. Took me an hour to get to the first safe room, had some close calls. A lot of dungeons in this game have checkpoint starvation but this really pushes it.

Joker in Smash, so we're having Giorno from Jojo in Smash huh?
If there's anyone Joker is most like it's probably Jolyne. Both are prisoners. Giorno is a gangster.

Someone even drew fanart of this:

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I learned that the hard way. Took me an hour to get to the first safe room, had some close calls. A lot of dungeons in this game have checkpoint starvation but this really pushes it.

If there's anyone Joker is most like it's probably Jolyne. Both are prisoners. Giorno is a gangster.

Someone even drew fanart of this:

Oh I love this

amageish

Smash Master
So, in other news, Persona Q2 has been rated in Australia, implying that it is coming out in English - possibly soon. Wouldn't be too shocked to see this announced in a Nintendo Direct, especially if one is coming this month - hopefully with a dub, given how ATLUS' other last-minute 3DS title Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux lacked one.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm excited for Q2 being rated. I need my P3P Heroine back in my life. I actually bought the P3P artbook at a con this weekend along with a great P5 shirt.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm excited for Q2 being rated. I need my P3P Heroine back in my life. I actually bought the P3P artbook at a con this weekend along with a great P5 shirt.
Nice! I like the Persona artbooks - the design details are super interesting.

I'm kind of hoping that they'll pull a "Available on the eShop RIGHT NOW!" with Persona Q2 in a direct... Maybe that's a longshot, but given how ATLUS USA got the dancing games localized ahead of their original deadine and that they've made comments about wanting to work towards more simutainious releases of localizations, I don't think its impossible. It would also obviously be good marketing given how Joker will be on Nintendo fans' minds given Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, in other news, Persona Q2 has been rated in Australia, implying that it is coming out in English - possibly soon. Wouldn't be too shocked to see this announced in a Nintendo Direct, especially if one is coming this month - hopefully with a dub, given how ATLUS' other last-minute 3DS title Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux lacked one.
The time has finally come. Let's just hope there aren't too many more reveals or noteworthy news this month, otherwise there won't be anything enough left to showcase in a Direct.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
how most people see the fighter pass:

how I see the fighter pass:
This is actually exactly how I see it. I tell people IRL all the time that it doesn't even matter what the rest of the characters are because they could just sell me Joker for $24.99 and I'd be happy. Not that I don't care at all. There's still characters I want. But they could cancel the rest of it and I wouldn't even be mad.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
how most people see the fighter pass:

how I see the fighter pass:
Lmao, that's exactly what I am thinking at this point. Joker is more than enough to me, so it can only get better at this point since he carries the whole thing.

And good to see those P4Animation videos again. I freaking love Yu Narukami <3 (Still hoping that he will be a Mii Costume or AT or something among those lines).
And I also do wonder if Animation music can be used as well, since I would love to have "Persona 4 Golden - Ying Yang" in smash. But I guess time will tell.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Persona 5 isn't my favorite game (that'd be Metal Gear Solid), it's come closer to dethroning the king than any game I've played in the last decade.

Playing it was enough to get me excited about Joker and buy the pass for him alone, but there's still one character left who could surpass him in hype...

Well.

Technically two.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Persona 5 isn't my favorite game (that'd be Metal Gear Solid), it's come closer to dethroning the king than any game I've played in the last decade.

Playing it was enough to get me excited about Joker and buy the pass for him alone, but there's still one character left who could surpass him in hype...

Well.

Technically two.

Luckily, the stray code with Blast Corps and JFG titles still remains, so something might come out of that.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

Well.

Technically two.

Pretty much they're the only additions that'd make the roster complete for me (not that I'm not content with it as it is already). Anything else is a bonus for me at this point.

I just finished my NG+ run, and with having all the confidants finished, it definitely made the ending more bittersweet than my initial playthrough. Now I'm even more hyped up for an official gameplay reveal soon!

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think anyone can surpass Joker in terms of hype for me. While I've wanted Professor Layton to be in Smash for longer, he still wouldn't have the pure shock value that Joker's reveal trailer had. Joker was a huge surprise to me when I was lazily studying with the Game Awards on in the background. I don't think Layton could recreate the perfect timing of Joker - and, even if he could, he still wouldn't be as surprising to me given how he is more of a Nintendo-aligned character...

And good to see those P4Animation videos again. I freaking love Yu Narukami <3 (Still hoping that he will be a Mii Costume or AT or something among those lines).
And I also do wonder if Animation music can be used as well, since I would love to have "Persona 4 Golden - Ying Yang" in smash. But I guess time will tell.
Yu seems like a pretty safe bet for a Mii costume. Anime music sounds like a... less-safe bet. Though I suppose its more likely we'd get Persona 4 animation music then ATLUS ever acknowledge Persona 3 Trinity Soul ever again, so... that's something.

Top Bottom