• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Join Dc++ Before It Dies Plz

Banks

Smash Hero
The Great Nintendoking has issued a warning, the Hub is sick. It needs more people to get better.

Hey guys wanna get more smash talk in? Can't get a hold of people on aim, msn or whatever? Need more combo vids, oldie vids and more? WELL HERE'S YOUR CHANCE!!

Download the P2P program DC++ here... http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcplusplus/

You can enjoy plenty of conversations about smash, meet new people from around the globe who play smash, download smash vids from oldies to the newest hotness, and like so much more! It's a great place to hang out and do whatever so check it out!!!

THE WEB ADDRESS IS: smash.servegame.com CHECK IT OUT!!

I'm there like 24/7

DO IT!!!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey banks i downloaded this like two months ago, but i still can't get on cause when it loads it gives me a server error... it makes me so sad

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Isn't this against the rules? I can't really remember but it sure seems that way. Oh well... I'll check it out.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. If it's dying why not start an IRC channel? You can fileshare on there. While it probably doesn't have everything DC++ has, it's still not bad. The HydraIRC client rocks the best.

It's also a more popular format, and probably easier to set up.

*Shrugs*

Mars-

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm looking for some videos that I lost a while ago on the Hub.

These include:

Wes vs Dave Special Request & second corneria one
Some of the KOTC tourney videos between wes and m2k
Wes vs woz 1
Wes vs rock 1

These used to be very common when I first joined the hub (except for wes vs dave) but now because it is so inactive these are rare as hell. Please help make the hub into what it was before.

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
Quote: How whould this be against the rules, especially sinces its been going on for years?

That's actually a logical fallacy. Just because its been going on for a while doesn't mean its right or legal. It's called an appeal to tradition. I'm actually not sure if it's legal or not, just thought I'd mention that statement is fallible.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
You guys really should try to advertise it... not in Melee Videos>Misc. Videos.

That's by far the most random place in the forums, and the last place I'd look.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
It's being advertised everywhere. I've been with the hub since late 2005 and it's gone from 100+ members to about 35 (half of whom NEVER talk)

It's really a good way to get updates, current results, and any help.

xTOXNx

Smash Apprentice
For about a week I was in it every day but I got sick and tired of people who acted all "elite" just because they have been with the community for along time.

And by being elite I dont mean being good I mean acting like total asshats and when I defend myself they say there good freinds with the mods and are gonna ban me.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
For about a week I was in it every day but I got sick and tired of people who acted all "elite" just because they have been with the community for along time.

And by being elite I dont mean being good I mean acting like total asshats and when I defend myself they say there good freinds with the mods and are gonna ban me.

HUH I WONDER WHAT HE COULD POSSIBLY BE REFERRING TO OH WAIT THAT'S RIGHT I WAS SAYING IT FOREVER AND EVERYONE SAID I WAS THE ONLY ONE.

****ing ****~

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ruler and the hub go together like a **** in link's ***...

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
ruler and the hub go together like a **** in link's ***...
ROFLMFAO.
<3 ender, and <3 ruler for making this possible.

Come on the hub people. Whether it's noob-friendly or not largely depends on who's there at the time unfortunately.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I would. . . But my compy is down right now. I used to be fairly active on the hub.

Zenter

Smash Rookie
Would love to join you there, but there's a ban on putting pressure on the network by down or uploading between 4pm to midnight. So that people who live at the school I go to can play games during that time.

What's even more ******** is that I set the rules so I wouldn't be hanged :)

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
Pity for me there's no way I can become active on DC++... X_X
But I hope the hub can still go on after countless downloads and discussions of really every type on the hub :p

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
i was on for a while..a long while actually but everyone quit talking so it got lame..the last thing i remember talking about was Mr. Bucket tournaments lol ya it got off track, good times though

Top Bottom