• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs MU suggestions

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
What about Puff vs Diddy? He's up b is pretty difficult to edgeguard without getting hit.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
*bump*

Puff VS Sonic. How do I not lose?

ukeguy

Smash Rookie
NNID
eesnamdoow
How about the Ganon matchup? His new sword taunt will kill unless you're at 0%, so this matchup is kind of a pain for me.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Jigglypuff vs Kirby is pretty gay for Puff.

You have to play super patient and super smart against a good Kirby. He is heavier than you, is very very hard to gimp, if you mess a rest you're dead, and he kills you early.

It's like a slight disadvantage but for every 2 or 3 hits Kirby just has to land one.

How about the Ganon matchup? His new sword taunt will kill unless you're at 0%, so this matchup is kind of a pain for me.
If you're getting hit by Sword taunt you are doing something very very wrong. Either missing a rest or straight outplayed.

jayeldeee

Smash Journeyman
How do you fight bowser?
Bowser is a rather interesting MU. The reason being is both players, depending on the map in some ways, really depends on just one or two things. For Jiggs, Bowser is extremely easy to combo into rest if Jiggs can start one. What makes this easier is that Bowser is a really big target. The problem is one miss can lead straight to her death, even at very low percents. Bowser has that stupid super armor, so really trying to attack against that is a bad idea. Keep your space, wait for the opportunity to grab Bowser is on the ground. If Bowser is in the air, wait for a missed attack, and then punish it hard. Trust me, you do this right, and they may just want to switch to a secondary.

But the MU is just hliarious in general. I've had fun with friends in tourneys with this MU.

Thor

Smash Champion
Puff Bowser is in some ways exactly the same as Fox Bowser.

If the player doesn't know the MU or aren't willing to camp it out, they should expect to get bodied (or have to significantly outplay the opponent, or else just accidentally do the MU right [which usually means camping]). If they're willing to "lame" it out (I don't like that term but it's what people call it), space a ton, shoot lasers (in Puff's case just run away all day I guess with occasional retreating aerials or whatever - not exactly sure how it works but it's basically bait armor and punish endlag), and play carefully, Bowser has a very frustrating time and must take a lot of risks.

Also I believe Bowser has no true super armor, but instead heavy armor (infinite launch resistance now being on only Ike's neutral+B, eruption). To test, someone could go into debug mode and use frame adavance to time the fsmash/side+b/[some other strong armor move] armor being hit by a rest, Ike's side+B OHKO, or Ganondorf's sword taunt to see if Bowser's armor can be beaten (I suspect it's possibly 30% heavy armor but Rest would do the trick if it's like 25% heavy armor). If it can't be broken by moves like these (whatever the strongest thing one can think of is), then it suggests they just made the armor more potent than a normal attack could be (at which point I have no idea why they didn't leave it as super armor :confused:), but if it can be broken by those moves, it proves what they said on the website a while back, namely that Bowser has no more super armor, but only light/medium/heavy armor galore [and mostly heavy armor]. It will function as super armor vs Jiggs unless Rest beats it out (and even then, counterattacking Bowser with rest to beat armor is impractical at best).

Chef Besh

Smash Rookie
I have been playing a little bit of Jiggs recently against my training partner who mains Bowser. The matchup is very even, although if you are unfortunate enough to put an aerial on Bowser's shiled, watch for an Up-B to the face. Fair to rest works at most percents, and if the Bowser just sits in shield, throw off stage then just Bair.

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Matchup from :jigglypuff:'s Perspective (+3 has Jiggs winning)

+3::dedede:
+2::yoshi2::bowser2::zerosuitsamus:
+1::roypm::popo::sheik:
0::wolf::falco::falcon::peach::mario2::gw::lucario::pit::ness2::luigi2::ivysaur::dk2:
-1::metaknight::marth::link2::charizard::ganondorf::zelda:
-2::toonlink::fox::sonic::ike::pikachu2::olimar:
:lucas::rob::kirby2::squirtle::wario:
-3::mewtwopm:

?: :samus2::snake:

What do you guys think? Anything wildly inaccurate? What about the unknown matchups?

Not my opinion. This is for updating the (outdated) community matchup chart.

Top Bottom