• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs MU suggestions

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
I am making this thread to help myself and others figure out how to play in certain match ups. especially the rough ones.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i know one of the first chars to talk about is tink. this is one of her harder matchups (prime example: hbox vs armada...TWICE!). I believe one of the things to help jiggs now are the number of stages that can be used in pm compared to melee. Of course there is always dreamland which is bound to get banned first match by an opponent. I think the biggest key is the platforms. You have to take platforms away from toon link that way if he wants to go to the other side he has to go through you not just over you. I would say smashville should possibly be #1 choice followed by pkstadium 2. Because although they both do have a platform its a little different. With smashville the platform is constantly moving so they wont always be able to depend on it. with stadium 2 there is no middle platform (battlefield/yoshi story) so he wont be too elevated when trying to run. The reason i hesitate on saying final destination as a choice is because of how long it is.people underestimate that. that can help toon link to stay away from you.

besides the stages there are some fighting issues against him also since that little dagger of his still pops her pretty quickly. his new up b is especially dangerous against her also since it is pretty easy to connect off of dthrow no matter the di. so not only do u have to get through the projectiles but your spacing has to be even better than against normal characters.

MAIN POINT: use stages to help keep him from running. practice on the right ways to di certain moves. and MAKE SURE to capitilize when you get to him, he is fairly easy to gimp especially while pulling out bombs(for bomb jumping)...and then there is always rest.lol.so make sure never to just quit.

tripwire

Smash Journeyman
Dear lord Toon Link is a straight up counter to jigglypuff. It's not even like he needs much room to start up camping you. Every grab leads to an Up b. I'd say smashville is even because once you start fighting on the platform and he gets that grab or down smash you will probably die. Quick and Swag Ass gimps win this one id say.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
I've been playing a fair bit of Jiggs lately, and I've got some insight on a couple matchups:
Link: if he camps, you're kinda hosed. Stay close and rest any missed grabs, up-b's, and dairs. Spacing him is pretty difficult. All in all, seems about 50-50, maybe a little more in Link's favor.

G&W: watch out for 9s, space him with bairs (obviously, you're playing Jiggs), and win. This is in Jiggs favor.

Bowser: you can't win the spacing game, so get resty. Rest every mistake. I'd even go so far as to suggest small stages so you can rest at lower percents. I'm not sure who's favor this is in. It might be even, but Jiggs gets destroyed if you're not consistently resting.

Dedede: same as Bowser, only he's harder to rest because he's a little safer. This is not optimal for Jiggs.

Edit: never mind, Link is stupid. So is Tink. So is Snake. You're going to lose to anyone that can out-camp you.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing a fair bit of Jiggs lately, and I've got some insight on a couple matchups:
Link: if he camps, you're kinda hosed. Stay close and rest any missed grabs, up-b's, and dairs. Spacing him is pretty difficult. All in all, seems about 50-50, maybe a little more in Link's favor.

G&W: watch out for 9s, space him with bairs (obviously, you're playing Jiggs), and win. This is in Jiggs favor.

Bowser: you can't win the spacing game, so get resty. Rest every mistake. I'd even go so far as to suggest small stages so you can rest at lower percents. I'm not sure who's favor this is in. It might be even, but Jiggs gets destroyed if you're not consistently resting.

Dedede: same as Bowser, only he's harder to rest because he's a little safer. This is not optimal for Jiggs.

Edit: never mind, Link is stupid. So is Tink. So is Snake. You're going to lose to anyone that can out-camp you.
also for the G&W matchup you have to be careful of the 3s too.lol.since it is the fan hit now and breaks shields instantly and as we all know when jiggs shield breaks it is the saddest thing in the game. and when it comes to bowser you have to play on a bigger stage. i get a good amount of play against bowser and bowser as we all know kills jiggs very easily.and a smart bowser will use their up-b against her and just go off the stage.and if you happen to play on yoshi story it will kill her around 70-80%. also he is fairly easy to gimp with her because almost anytime he tries to attack her back while trying to return, he will just make himself too low to be able to recover. i dont get much dedede experience so if you have more to share on that then that will help alot. and along with snake's grenades, he has a really low crouch which can cause problems and not to mention 2 different attacks he can use while crouching.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
On D3:
He's really hard to get in on because he controls so much space. It's like fighting Marth but you have more to avoid. He's also pretty hard to gimp because he can almost always fair you on his way back to the ledge and make it back. Luckily you can combo him pretty hard when you do get it. He's really susceptible to falling uair -> rest as well.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i dont get much experience against D3 but i have a few ideas. what about just baiting the fair and striking in between them or try ledge hogging against him and forcing him to use his upb and rest him once he lands because i am pretty sure either one of his upbs(the fast falling pound or the special fall) are both laggy enough to rest him.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
His fair just has soooooo much range that it's hard to bait and punish, much like most of his moves. The up b is certainly rest central, yeah.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
His fair just has soooooo much range that it's hard to bait and punish, much like most of his moves. The up b is certainly rest central, yeah.
yeah so i would even suggest just baiting and not punishing right away.and since jiggs has so much air mobility and you can easily weave back and forth just make him use the fair but dont get close enough to him for it to hit you. just bait it so he falls lower than the edgeline for the stage and must use his upb to come back because although he has multiple jumps they dont give him that much lift. then ledge hog and hopefully hit the rest when you get the opportunity. thats how you get in the persons mind too because then you can start to mix it up and actually go for the bairs since they will probably start to think that you are only baiting them. so i just say keep it mixed up and it will probably work more often. hope that helps a bit

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I'd say that Jiggilypuff has a hard time against Ike. Ike has so much more range and Jiggilypuff really lacks it.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that Jiggilypuff has a hard time against Ike. Ike has so much more range and Jiggilypuff really lacks it.
true but i dont think that matchup is as hard as u think. especially if you watch melee fc videos of hbox vs vro grand finals and that was when ike was considered "broken". so it should even be an easier time to beat him than in 2.1 with all the changes they have made to him.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
true but i dont think that matchup is as hard as u think. especially if you watch melee fc videos of hbox vs vro grand finals and that was when ike was considered "broken". so it should even be an easier time to beat him than in 2.1 with all the changes they have made to him.
But she really has to be careful. The typical "space your moves until your opponent is left wide open" tacit doesn't work very well as it does with most other characters. Grabs could be a solution to this if she plays her cards right.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
But she really has to be careful. The typical "space your moves until your opponent is left wide open" tacit doesn't work very well as it does with most other characters. Grabs could be a solution to this if she plays her cards right.
you can also get in on him and duck alot of his moves.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
Just because Hbox can win a MU doesn't mean Jiggs in general wins the MU. Hbox gets most of his PM wins from just being a radically better player than everyone else.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Just because Hbox can win a MU doesn't mean Jiggs in general wins the MU. Hbox gets most of his PM wins from just being a radically better player than everyone else.
Which is pretty much the main reason why Jiggilypuff was placed so high in Melee's Tier List and continues to be placed high in Project M.

For better and for worse, she didn't change too much, but characters with a lot of attack range (Ike, Marth, maybe Charizard) can deal with her quite well.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
i didnt say that she wins the matchup, i just said that the matchup is not as hard as you think. and you can use those videos of hbox vs vro for tips and things to do. vro is no slouch of a player (having played against him since he is from the same area as me.although he uses diddy now) because he dominated the whole tournament up until grand finals.

t3chn0g0at

Smash Cadet
Link is ****ing stupid.

Edit: does anyone else find this game to feel much safer than Melee? For example, I feel it's easier for me to punish Melee Fox's missed l-cancels than it is to punish PM Ness'. However, I may just being paranoid.

5-oNe

Smash Apprentice
link is definitely harder for jiggs in pm than in melee.i feel like he is probably the hardest to fight out of all the swordsmen.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Bump

I'm having problems on the Peach MU,any advice?

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
Pretty sure there's volumes on that MU over at the Melee boards, just one thing to note is Peach can actually order her Fsmash now to punish rest with the buffed frying pan.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
For some reason,I feel like this MU is really different in P:M,idk why...

Also I'll give my opinions about a few MUs,I suck at explaining things though...

:ivysaur::I think we have a disadvantage here,maybe 40-60,he can camp a little with seeds and razor leaf but it's not impossible to approach,and take care when doing that,he can punish you hard if you don't.
He also can recharge his solarbeam easily against us because we're really slow when recovering,avoid being grabbed when he charges it since he can dthrow > solarbeam you,and stay alert for any rest opportunities.

Avoid big stages since he can camp and recharge well.

:zelda: :50-50 imo,both characters have good options against eachother and Zelda's din's fire is not very useful in this MU because jiggly can just cancel it with an aerial.

:charizard: : Interesting MU,I still don't have a opinion on this,but I think this MU is either a advantage of 55-45 for us or even 50-50.
Be quickly,stay alert for any rest opportunities (like Utilts at low %s) and be careful with any movement,he can kill you really fast if you don't pay attention.
He's not hard to combo,so abuse your air mobility and juggle him a lot.

:ganondorf: : I think we have a small disadvantage of 45-55,we can combo him a lot and also it's not hard to rest him,but he kill us really easy if we don't pay attention to what we're doing,so stay alert.

210stuna

Smash Lord
The engine in Melee makes Jiggs more favorable in match ups rather than in Project: M where a lot of the buffs for characters, even the slightest, go a long away against Jiggly as they weren't there before. Not to mention the new comers add a lot more depth to where I don't believe Jigglypuff is in the same place on the *cough* tier list as she was before.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269

Never pick small stages against Bowser, that's where he shines the most. Unless Jiggs shines more. As for G&W: His bacon and better range on fair swings the MU in his favor slightly, or it's even. His tilts and smashes and Gatling combo aren't as effective against Jiggs, so I correct myself and say it's even. Bowser and Dedede besides stage choice (a small stage would favor Jiggs with Dedede I think) I utterly agree with you.

Last edited:

KingDozie

Smash Journeyman
You really need to rest this ***** bowser. You can just roll and punish his attacks with rest. Just rest Everything even OOS Rest. By far worse Mu for Bowser if that bowser player knows how to play bowser.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
You really need to rest this ***** bowser. You can just roll and punish his attacks with rest. Just rest Everything even OOS Rest. By far worse Mu for Bowser if that bowser player knows how to play bowser.
That's why Bowser spaces with fair and punishes your attempt at rest with nair. If Rest is Jiggs only option: Bowser will just punish again and again. OOS Rest is super risky with the added shield damage. If your shield breaks, death. The only option Puff has is to out-maneuver Bowser and hope that leads into rest. All and all: a very slow match, not unlike Jigglypuff dittos.
My opinion.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
-in the air as Jiggs approaches the dragon
-Zard's neutral a (COVERS ALL DIRECTIONS) >>>> Jiggs' air attacks (except for the bair)

Everything else from her little T-rex arms is miniscule compared to dat tail from Zard.
But the nair doesn't get all sides at once, and I'm sure that Pound would clash.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
But I agree that as an approach, if Zard times it right, it's pretty good. Neutral b halts her approach to.

MaPow

Smash Apprentice
kirby is ridiculous imo. the way kirby-siding works should really be fixed, but whatever. So all you really need to do is get a lead on kirby and just poke and out-camp them.

mk is a rough MU. hbox plays it really well here at TO9 http://youtu.be/k6SMBQAADhM. A big game-changer is nair-->rest. It works great even if you nair their shield. but the MU is still tough for puff because of mks speedy/deadly aerials.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I have some stuff on the Luigi matchup
Pro's against Weegee
-He can't trade against a well spaced bair
-His predictable recovery is good for you
-His aerial mobility is kinda bad, so it is easy to get him from the side
-His grabs don't help him much

Con's against Weegee
-Fairs, Nairs, and poorly spaced bairs will all get intercepted against a Nair
-Nairing or fairing a downb will result in a trade, popping you up and that is a horrible place to be against weegee's rising nair
-Downthrow to fair or dair will do some serious damage
-upsmash gives him a disjointed hitbox, not only killing you at 70%, but it is harder to get a trade, This is a pretty underrated kill move against jiggs
-Resting him is a really bad idea and won't happen
-Approaching from above or below will kill you
-You can't WOP him without getting naired
-Nair
-Dair

Overall, I suck at writing down stuff, but I think the matchup is in Luigi's favor, at a 60:40

Top Bottom