• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jiggs advice (thread number#14325)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah, so I saw other people posting their videos and such and getting advice from the experienced players here. So, I thought to myself, why haven't I done this?

I've been playing Jiggs since April of last year, and I've been trying to make that jump from average player to experienced player (not necessarily pro, just the next step). I have been getting advice from people, but those are simply about mindgames and such, and since there are very few Jiggs players in Socal, I haven't gotten that much advice on my techinal skill.

So, heres two videos I recorded with my friend at school, hes a really experienced Falco player IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnSxWHXgtSE[
/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8Ev24L1pI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w8Ev24L1pI

Please say anything on your mind if you do watch the videos, I'll take any advice whatsoever. :)

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I only watched the second video, but here's some advice anyways:
Your only approach seemed to be FAirs and Bairs. I might be mistaken, but I hardly saw any of Jiigy's NAirs flying out, which is great for a priority approach. And not to mention lack of Pound, which is really underappreciated. Pound is a great move, don't be afraid to use it, if not spam it, now and then, especially for your approach. You've got to have some variety.
Falco is a fastfaller... grab combos! You definitetly need more grabs coming out. You can perform many great grab combos, especially on a fastfaller like Falco, such as DThrow to FSmash. That would have helped quite a bit. Or UThrow to continuous UAirs. And don't forget your Rest combos as well. At 1:48, you did a UThrow, and you could have easily ended his stock by following up with a Rest. Also, from the edge, you can roll, and if he falls for it, UTilt to rest. Don't forget Jiggy's most powerful move!
Well, that's just some advice. Hope that helps.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
The reason I don't do some of the obvious strats against Falco is that I've play my friend so much, I know what doesn't work against him and what does. It probably would've been better if I had a tourney video against someone, but these were the only two I had. :(

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Second vid
in that stage in the middle or on the platforms up throw rest make the upthrow quick so he can't DI easy. also a few times you aproached you came with a fair and you both just hit each other you need to use nair and puff (forward b) for priority and puff is really great for combos. if you get it perfect sometimes sets them up to get rested right out of it.

Top Bottom