• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The pound has changed tho. It got better. It dosn't matter where you it the opponent with pound now they will go up instead of behind you. This is good for setting up rest combos. Also I noticed Jiggly runs faster.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
aww... I kinda liked the hit behind you, it helped reverse edgeguarders

Chexr

Smash Ace
Wow it looks like they buffed her horizontal movement speed by quite a bit. This and nerfing the other characters plus no wavedashing. Jigglypuff for top tier?

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I find it so funny that Jigglypuff got BETTER. She was my most used character in Melee, and my friends were looking forward to her getting nerfed.

I guess I'll have to give them the news...

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Wow it looks like they buffed her horizontal movement speed by quite a bit. This and nerfing the other characters plus no wavedashing. Jigglypuff for top tier?
Well maybe not Top,but we can hope for High i think.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I hope Rest is buffed, and that Sing is swapped for a better move ;) Then I would call Jigglypuff Top-tier material.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I find it so funny that Jigglypuff got BETTER. She was my most used character in Melee, and my friends were looking forward to her getting nerfed.

I guess I'll have to give them the news...
ditto.. and it's so frustrating because, they are playing with higher ranked characters.. like samus... camping and KOing me occasionally at low % because jiggly's so light... but despite all their less-than-fair, cooprative-vs.-jigglypuff gameplay, they still hate her and think she needs negged... I laughed and said "like they'd neg a mid tier... she deserved every buff she got so people like you couldn't get cheap KOs off of her"

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
nice FS. i was hoping for the marker, but this will own people on small levels like FD...

oh yeah, notice in that vid, at the very end after the time is up, puff rests falcon (or someone). They fly straight up. Just like pound.

dont know if im too happy about that, since jigglypuff is usually better on levels with higher ceilings for survival reasons, but we'll see...

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Maybe she just got him at a weird angle...but it's probably like you say.
What's with that **** hat???Where's the bandana???Die Sakurai

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Maybe she just got him at a weird angle...but it's probably like you say.
What's with that **** hat???Where's the bandana???Die Sakurai

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It looks like a blue ribbon to me on the hat. Each character has 6 costumes.

In melee jiggly had

normal, blue ribbon, some red japaneese hat, crown and a green bandana.

I think her six coustumes are those 5 and the straw hat shown in the video, and thats probably why he chose that costume cause it was the only one different.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with straight up when she Rests? If it connects, it'll guarantee that she wakes up before they respawn.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Video showing jigglypuff's moves
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vCtzK3D0dRU

Things to notice:

Rollout- When you hit them you dont fly up and away in the air as much, so when he hits dedede on the edge jigglypuff doesnt fall off the stage :chuckle:

Rest- Sends you straight UP. and ALSO PUTS A DOT THEM. Thats some crazy stuff :psycho:
It was also nerfed though :(

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
What About Rest off the top of the Map?
Seems plausible especially because of the more predictable nature of Jiggs moves...

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
That was definitely a plus - but I wasn't sure about it, so I didn't mention it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yes... so far I see negs and buffs simultaneously for rest and rollout.

Rollout:
N- doesn't look less powerful, per se, but looks like to get ful power requires charging MUCH longer.
B- Can move after rolling out off edge
B- Pop straight up with no recoil after hitting, so won't be body blocked.

Rest
N- Less powerful in knockback and damage
N- Pops striaght up.
B- Puts flower on their heads (wtf?)
B- wake up in 1/3-1/2 the time
B- Hitbox is jigglypuff's whole body, not just the center of it

all in all, it makes jigglypuff less reliant on these moves as heavy hits, but also makes them FAR less punishable... I've always hated melee's system because jiggly should NEVER be punished for getting off a good rest combo, but in free-for-alls, she often was.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
Rest

B- wake up in 1/3-1/2 the time

I would be careful there. It does look as if it is a TINY bit faster, but 1/3 to 1/2 faster? I dont really think so. Rest lasted around 3 sec in melee and looking at the brawl videos it seems to still last 3 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhfiHKc94Dw
at 0:18 sec and at 1:44 demonstrate MELEE rest (watch for when she opens her eyes and shakes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCtzK3D0dRU
at 0:28 sec 0:33 sec shows BRAWL rest (it again lasts around 3 sec)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well fine.. closer to 1/2 than 1/3 the time... but cerainly MUCH faster..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just realized something.

Wouldn't rest in Brawl be much much better now on stages with smaller ceilings? I hope so, but then again, why you'd pick a small ceiling stage with Jiggs is bizarre, unless it's a counterpick by an opponent.

Nice to see Jiggs is more buffed than nerfed in Brawl.

Hedgedawg, when Brawl comes out we out to play a few online team matches or dittos...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well I guess this could be an advantage for Jigglypuff when the opponent counter picks with a low ceiling stage jigglypuff will be able to kill a differernt way. Still looking for rising pound tho.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well I guess this could be an advantage for Jigglypuff when the opponent counter picks with a low ceiling stage jigglypuff will be able to kill a differernt way. Still looking for rising pound tho.
looks like they've made the rising pound have less utility since her overall jumps seem better

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
looks like they've made the rising pound have less utility since her overall jumps seem better
Any actual videos of rising pound anywhere yet? I'm wondering how high she can go now...

Also, I saw her recover from those rollouts; freaking beautiful how she can recover from that distance and angle.

It just occured to me that since we can still jump and such out of an airdodge, that I won't die occasionally when I hit L too late and airdodge as I slide off a level.

Nice.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Any actual videos of rising pound anywhere yet? I'm wondering how high she can go now...

Also, I saw her recover from those rollouts; freaking beautiful how she can recover from that distance and angle.

It just occured to me that since we can still jump and such out of an airdodge, that I won't die occasionally when I hit L too late and airdodge as I slide off a level.

Nice.
also, every character is grabs the edges easier so, that shouldn't be as much of a problem... as well as the fact that you can't move using airdodges anymore so you won't likely airdodge off with one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom