• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Strategy Against Sheik

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
Of course this won't account for everything in Sheik matches, but I've found using fairs in much the same way bairs are used my many Jigglypuff's against Sheik leads to a lot of successful hits that leave little risk to the Jigglypuff and plenty of opportunity to DI as necessary. I've beat a fairly ok Sheik simply using pure fair combos that will deal something like 20 -40 damage and are not necessarily difficult to pull off.
Basically full jump to fair, then DI and fair near the ground and l-cancel and repeat, or use to combo into something else, which would probably vary based on which Jigglypuff style is playing, of which I am certain there are many ^^!
Pretty much I didn't have to worry about Sheik at all when I did this.

GosuHonor

Smash Cadet
Haha...yeah ^^
If you DI properly, i.e., hit them from behind, whether it's Jigglypuffs front or rear, they shouldn't be able to shield grab you.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Well actually, even with full DI left or right, you can still catch their leg. Though I'd be interested to hear the best way for Shiek to DI this, for "educational reasons"

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Well actually, even with full DI left or right, you can still catch their leg. Though I'd be interested to hear the best way for Shiek to DI this, for "educational reasons"
If they DI in the direction you were facing when you grabbed them, they go way too far for you to catch them with a rest before their aerial recovery kicks in unless they don't try to do anything to get out of it; i.e. jump, aerial, whatever.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
If they DI in the direction you were facing when you grabbed them, they go way too far for you to catch them with a rest before their aerial recovery kicks in unless they don't try to do anything to get out of it; i.e. jump, aerial, whatever.
True story. Dthrow --> rest becomes almost completely obsolete when you play people who CAN DI.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
XD i play people who know how too di but if im in a really intense game sometimes i try the dthrow rest and it works, its a mindgame. Do stuff that doesnt work and you might find that it does work
I'm not saying don't try it, I always do because every now and then people miss it for whatever reason, and plus it's really the only throw to combo out of when you're not at the edge. But it's just something that you shouldn't rely on, and it's hardly a free rest every time.

BluRay

Smash Apprentice
It works wonders on noobies but if they r good at DIing they can c jiggs down throw coming cuz its slow i rarly take that chance

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
Even though sheiks grabs **** jiggz, this matchup mustn´t be that hard .

Sheik is easy to WoP .
U can get free rests from the stuff mentionend above cc dash attakcs and so on
U can edgeguard her very well ( edgehog to rest )

If u space your aerials right there is no point of getting ***** cuz the sheik can´t grab you .

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
not to put words in your mouth, but you make it sound like shiek's grabs are the be all end all against jiggs. jiggs and shiek are both secondaries for me, and i've been on both sides of this matchup several times. shiek's ftilt can go thru jiggs' fair a lot, and if it doesnt, it trades hits. likewise, a jiggs fair that's low to the ground can be smacked away by a shiek dsmash.

dont get me wrong, i'm not glorifying shiek in this matchup here. my win/loss record comes out about even on both sides. just dont assume that keeping shiek from grabbing you is going to cripple her gameplay.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
the main thing to do in this matchup is keeping a good distance. Sheik can grab you dthrow and get about 15 damage using any aerial.....so what i do is basically make the sheik come to me. SPAM back airs forward airs and you should be good if you full jump and DI properly. When you get grabbed you want to just start DIing towards the map no matter what. If its a smart sheik it will try jumpin needles and straight into a grab. If this happens right when the needles go through either try to get an attack in or be defensive and dodge away. When recovering you want to be smart try and read her, if shes going to try and get an easy kill by jumping out at you. In my opinion sheik has her advantages but so does jiggs. rest combos right after a kill make this matchup very easy.

Top Bottom