• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Surviving in 144% in a friendly and still managed to 2-stock a Mega Man player at paragon. I don't know what I did, but that 1-jab to rest just woke me up and gave me thoughts that I could be so much more better than hungrybox.

I want to keep playing like that. Hoo-hah.

ooh, congrats. To clarify, was it your jab or his? Though it's weird that a move that puts you to sleep woke you up.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just did one jab and pulled off the sleeper. I really don't know, I just jumped out of my seat so fast from the hype.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is a previously undocumented rest set-up in Smash 4. Clearly the positioning has to be right and such, but this is certainly worth looking into

xnine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xninebreaker
3DS FC
3582-8927-0427
I'm thinking about putting in some (more) work toward the Puff. I've never really played her before smash4, and I no one I play with plays her either. I picked her up on whim and managed to rest someone. And wow... that has to be the single most satisfying move in the game. It's just so much umph to it!

I've lurked this puff board for several weeks already, but I think I'll be stopping by more often now!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Well welcome! Jiggs' viability might be up in the air, but her level of fun to play is undoubtedly high. Keep an eye out on the boards, cool things will happen ;D

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
it sad to see how much underrated jigglypuff is! D: each time I met one jigglypuff in Smash4, I am always terrified because I know how good she can be! especially with WoP and her powerful 1frame deathblow of rest!
but when you play as her and play her good, you can really feel that power she admitting from the playstyle!

I had once one funny Jigglypuff Ditto match on FG (we also had the same skin), it was close that the person would kill me in a WoP when I taunted because I am happy seeing Jigglypuffs online! but it ended that I didnt die once and kill him twice! he missed 2 of his rests and I got in my solid rest once and won :3

in Jigglypuffs honor, I did this machinima to her!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
it sad to see how much underrated jigglypuff is! D: each time I met one jigglypuff in Smash4, I am always terrified because I know how good she can be! especially with WoP and her powerful 1frame deathblow of rest!
but when you play as her and play her good, you can really feel that power she admitting from the playstyle!

I had once one funny Jigglypuff Ditto match on FG (we also had the same skin), it was close that the person would kill me in a WoP when I taunted because I am happy seeing Jigglypuffs online! but it ended that I didnt die once and kill him twice! he missed 2 of his rests and I got in my solid rest once and won :3

in Jigglypuffs honor, I did this machinima to her!
Nice!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
She'll probably get some use from me, though I mess with a bunch of characters. I would say I'm co-maining Jigglypuff and Wario as it is.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I placed 17th yesterday since it was my first tournament in a long while.

Won the first set and learned that villager has a disadvantage in Isle Delfino.
Lost the second set lost the first time to sheik, Halberd was a good counterpick and won the 2nd. Player went DK and was really close.
Losers bracket. Third set was easy. (2-0)

Fourth set was another sheik player. Won the first, I lost the second. The guy "didn't care" what stage I'd pick and I went for halberd. He lost both stocks by SD. I'm guessing he didn't practice on that stage.

Fifth was a fox player and I was eliminated. The match is in the video thread.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Miiverse doesn't seem to like poor Jiggers that much. :(

I posted a picture the other day of Shulk, Villager, Robin and Jigglypuff. Then somebody commented about how Jigglypuff sucked.

I've always loved using Jigglypuff, hitting with rollout or a well timed slap is SO satisfying!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Miiverse talks about whichever character sucks, and also loathe the good characters too. I wouldn't take the community seriously in this matter. I'd love a miiverse user to message me with salt on their heads when they lose to a character he/she thought whatever character sucked.

That'll be the day.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I've been on the hunt for a decent secondary to my Dedede for the longest time, and after a lot of speculation, I've decided that I want Jigglypuff in my game.

Although strangely, I can only play with her on the Gamepad or GC controller. The 3DS just doesn't work for her like it does for most characters I play.

I'll definitely be around more often!

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
So I see that there was no Puff rep that made out of pools.:urg:

Well, that's a bummer... :sadsheep:

Dyce

Smash Cadet
I'm a Sheik main and I currently use Puff as a secondary next to Marth and Falcon. Do you all have any tips for me? And are there any match-ups that you feel Puff does well in that Sheik may not? I only think of Luigi and possible Lucario.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
I'm a Sheik main and I currently use Puff as a secondary next to Marth and Falcon. Do you all have any tips for me? And are there any match-ups that you feel Puff does well in that Sheik may not? I only think of Luigi and possible Lucario.
Puff has a good Luigi MU, but I would avoid using her as a lucario counter, as she isn't the best with kills and a fsmash with aura+rage kills at 25%. He also has good recovery, so gimping isn't possible. But yes, questions for your playstyle are great in the compettitve thread :)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'll probably be using Jigglypuff a lot more now. A close friend of mine has recently told me he sees potential in my Jigglypuff, so I'm certainly going to practice with her more. :)

Ausdon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ausdon
Any Jigglybros want to get some ditto practice in? I'm not very good (though I know the basics), but I plan to main her and I feel like playing dittos is one of the best ways to learn a character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Miiverse doesn't seem to like poor Jiggers that much. :(

I posted a picture the other day of Shulk, Villager, Robin and Jigglypuff. Then somebody commented about how Jigglypuff sucked.

I've always loved using Jigglypuff, hitting with rollout or a well timed slap is SO satisfying!
They are just jealous that she got in over their precious Goku.:troll:

Last edited:

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
At a tournament today, Jigglypuff saved me. There was this guy playing Ganon and he destroyed my Dedede, so after a good internal conflict, I brought out Jiggly, and I got him. While that was the only match I used her in, I would have lost very early on if wasn't for her. Instead, I managed to go on and win the tournament!

To you, Jigglypuff! To you!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i actually find puff really good in villager's troublesome matchups

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Wow really? You're the second person to say this. I recently picked up Villager, (making my mains Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Villager), and wondering why you think so.
good zoning and item control, while keeping good air game and recovery like jigglypuff. They seem to just work out together.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wow really? You're the second person to say this. I recently picked up Villager, (making my mains Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Villager), and wondering why you think so.
I find Villager good when I need a lot of range and space to camp with, and he has trouble with characters that can rush him down. Jigglypuff is good at getting up in people's faces, which I find useful vs rushdown characters

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I find Villager good when I need a lot of range and space to camp with, and he has trouble with characters that can rush him down. Jigglypuff is good at getting up in people's faces, which I find useful vs rushdown characters
Yes, does sound like an amazing team when you put it like that. I should keep this in mind then since I now main both of them. :)

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
puled off a double back air to rest death combo on a DK yesterday, it was pretty hype. Prob wouldn't have worked if it wasn't on halberd tho, lol.

btw vinyl, cool rest opputunities, I'm really gonna try to start punishing yoshi and bowser ground pound

Top Bottom