• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Patch 1.0.4 changes list

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
So far, based on little testing Puff is virtually unchanged. Rest and back air have the same knockback. Her landing lag is the same it seems. Damage is identical on specials and moves. Its difficult to check landing lag on moves, check tilts for changes.

*Rollout reversal glitch was removed* This has little to no impact on her play at a mid to high level imo.

We have been pseudo buffed because a lot of characters have been nerfed a bit and we were not.

If anyone found other changes, post them here!

Last edited:

MassKirbycide

Smash Cadet
Most balanced character in the game confirmed?
I haven't noticed anything yet either. I'll continue looking after work today.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Other characters have been kept the same as well, some receiving straight buffs.

I guess according to Nintendo we were in the middle of the pack and with tons of nerfs to Sheik, Rosalina, Peaches stale moves while floating, Greninja usmash, Ness dthrow, Dedede dthrow etc itll just be easier for us really.

As said before, no changes to us is a buff as most of the difficult matchups should be easier and for the characters that got buffed, we had advantages vs them to begin with.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I "think" the flower damage from a rest is nerfed from 25 to 19/20 o:
Nah, it's the same, both versions' full Rest damage ends up at 55%.

I tested a few attacks between both versions and it does seem like nothing has changed at all. I'm very happy with that honestly, they really hit the nail with Jiggs in this game.

Last edited:

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Okay I figured they would fix that, but if thats all they did, Im happy. I really wanna see if her landing lag changed on aerials

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Rollout reversal was the first thing I checked and it is definitely gone. I figured they'd remove any known exploits like that. Other than that she seems totally untouched.

Although I feel like up air might have slightly less knockback. Probably just placebo effect but maybe someone more observant can check it out.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I hope Nintendo is content keeping her the way she is, she feels strong, but not overpowered by any means and in my opinion, not braindead to play.

I added the removal of the rollout reversal to the original post.

lethalmajik

Smash Rookie
I FEEL like the distance she travels when she pounds was increased slightly. Similar to Brawl. Anyone confirm?

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
A pound range buff is the one thing I wanted most, if it's not the case I'm gonna cry.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I never used her dtilt, but both dtilt and even ftilt seem a lot faster. You can just spam them now. I don't have 1.0.3 anymore, so any confirmation on that? Either way, glad that most things are the same, and other tough MUs got nerfed. Puff is gonna be a contender in this one!

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Sounds like Puff is getting a buff through a gameplay change. According to some threads here on smashboards, vectoring is removed or changed, but holding down on moves that send you vertical definitely has no effect which means our rests are even more deadly now since people can't vector downward to survive at higher percentages.

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
I never used her dtilt, but both dtilt and even ftilt seem a lot faster. You can just spam them now. I don't have 1.0.3 anymore, so any confirmation on that? Either way, glad that most things are the same, and other tough MUs got nerfed. Puff is gonna be a contender in this one!
It appears to me that 1.03 and 1.04 tilts are the same, though I'll let you decide. Sorry for shakiness, I only have two hands.

1.03 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xWPCjNErA
1.04 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-T6SoIj6xI

They may not be faster, but they're still great moves regardless.

Top Bottom